Ticket Thread - 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Guarantee the site became overloaded with traffic as more and more people tried to wait on the queue. The incredibly buffoonish powers that be probably became so overwhelmed and shell shocked at their own unpreparedness that they had no other choice than to stop the clusterf*** and delay another one until tomorrow.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I blame Ticketmaster for this. It's their platform.

Thankfully, I was able to get tix.

I do too, they really need to switch to validating time slot before letting people into the queue, rather than letting anyone jump in, no matter how early, and then checking time slots afterword.

Last edited:
Reactions: NYI365

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
vividseats just showed 9 together for $433 each plus junk fees. I hesitated and didn't pull the trigger. I'm either going to be very happy or very upset later.

Is VividSeats a legit ticket outlet though? I was looking into them for a concert in Europe a few years ago and was told not to use them over and over again. Maybe they're better in the US? Still...

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I think it was Ticketmaster too. They allowed line jumping.

It's weird. I queued up around 12:15, but didn't purchase until around 2. My window was opened at 1. But others who got to the front of the line before their window was opened were booted. But yeah, Ticketbastard sucks.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
How do you even pull up the event site on Ticketmaster.com? When I click on the "Islanders" there it only shows the games in Tampa - Despite the fact I'm logged in as me with NY as my homebase.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I think it was Ticketmaster too. They allowed line jumping.

For the other rounds there was a lot of uncertainty about capacity/social distancing, but from this round on they probably should've just offered STH their current seats - and any additional availability could've been offered to people that are only buying from next year onward - and then if there was any after that, they could offer strips, like previous years.

As far as the line jumping and the long queue nonsense/letting anyone join - yeah, that's all on Ticketmaster.

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
It's weird. I queued up around 12:15, but didn't purchase until around 2. My window was opened at 1. But others who got to the front of the line before their window was opened were booted. But yeah, Ticketbastard sucks.
I heard of people buying tix before their scheduled time. Don't know if it's true or not. I never heard about anyone getting booted out for buying early.

The queue in the first two rounds was opened 3 minutes before the first purchasing window. Today it had to be opened well beforehand. I checked in at 11:45 for a 12 Noon window and I was already 979 on line.

DownNtight

Nov 21, 2019
Pretty disappointing ticket service by the islanders. In line for hour and a half for nothing. Email from Islanders says:

“Thank you for this very powerful display of support for the Isles”

Give me a break.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
For the other rounds there was a lot of uncertainty about capacity/social distancing, but from this round on they probably should've just offered STH their current seats - and any additional availability could've been offered to people that are only buying from next year onward - and then if there was any after that, they could offer strips, like previous years.

As far as the line jumping and the long queue nonsense/letting anyone join - yeah, that's all on Ticketmaster.
Agreed on putting everyone back into their regular STH seats for this round. I know the NHL is responsible for the tarped off areas behind the benches/penalty boxes and some STHs would have to be relocated though.

This round there were limits to the number of tix you could purchase based on what you have on your account for UBS next season. The first 2 rounds you could buy up to a maximum of 8 and 10 tickets in total-any combination of games. This shouldn't have been a problem except they allowed people to purchase/line up out of ahead of their purchase time.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I heard of people buying tix before their scheduled time. Don't know if it's true or not. I never heard about anyone getting booted out for buying early.

The queue in the first two rounds was opened 3 minutes before the first purchasing window. Today it had to be opened well beforehand. I checked in at 11:45 for a 12 Noon window and I was already 979 on line.

There were 1200 in front of me when I queued up at 12:15 for a 1PM window.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
How do you even pull up the event site on Ticketmaster.com? When I click on the "Islanders" there it only shows the games in Tampa - Despite the fact I'm logged in as me with NY as my homebase.

If you're a season ticket holder, you get a special link sent to you from the team. I don't think you can access them otherwise.

Reactions: periferal

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
The setup should’ve been you can’t queue until your time slot. I’m convinced the people going in early was part of the problem.

Guilty of doing so myself. Started to hear from people that they were in the queue long before their designated time slot and being the sheep that I am followed in line. Hands up that's on me, but they really should validate time slots BEFORE you can even access the queue to avoid stampede mentality.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
If you're a season ticket holder, you get a special link sent to you from the team. I don't think you can access them otherwise.

My mom told me over and over that I was special, but the longer I live the more I'm skeptical.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I got my tickets, but this is such a cluster f***. Why can’t they just give everyone reserved tickets based on their seats at UBS and throw all remaining tickets into a presale?

Reactions: periferal

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
The setup should’ve been you can’t queue until your time slot. I’m convinced the people going in early was part of the problem.

That long queue, and not being able to discern how many of those waiting were for later time slots, probably had to prompt the Isles to cut off sales, re-evaluate availability, and decide if they're going to ask Ticketmaster to overhaul this system/how to deal with the remaining availability.

It seems some people were claiming that they could still buy after the Islanders email about ending the presale until tomorrow, and I wonder if they made the cutoff the 1PM time slot.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I got my tickets, but this is such a cluster f***. Why can’t they just give everyone reserved tickets based on their seats at UBS and throw all remaining tickets into a presale?

I hear you in theory, but there's probably a bunch of STH's who don't use this playoff ticket option and doing something like you suggested creates a ton more work for a ticket office that probably isn't capable of pulling off what Ticketmaster can.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I hear you in theory, but there's probably a bunch of STH's who don't use this playoff ticket option and doing something like you suggested creates a ton more work for a ticket office that probably isn't capable of pulling off what Ticketmaster can.
What I said is what they do during any normal season. STHs get to purchase their normal seats before every round begins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad