Ticket prices 2024 - $$$

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I personally think that their prices are fine but they should be free for me.

Has anybody ever tried the "self appointed fan of the night" seat upgrade that I hear so much about since Melnyk fired all the ushers?

As in, you go on StubHub and look for a 100 or 200 level seat still for sale at puck drop and sneak down to it?

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
I personally think that their prices are fine but they should be free for me.

Has anybody ever tried the "self appointed fan of the night" seat upgrade that I hear so much about since Melnyk fired all the ushers?

As in, you go on StubHub and look for a 100 or 200 level seat still for sale at puck drop and sneak down to it?

That's stealing my trick from 25 years ago when I'd look at ticketmaster before I'd go to the game for a row that had a bunch of empty seats in the 200s. I'd usually arrive well before the game and I'd go sit down there early so the usher wouldn't bother checking my tickets.

Back then the ushers in the first two levels would check off which seats were empty around puck drop so that they'd catch people looking to upgrade.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
That's stealing my trick from 25 years ago when I'd look at ticketmaster before I'd go to the game for a row that had a bunch of empty seats in the 200s. I'd usually arrive well before the game and I'd go sit down there early so the usher wouldn't bother checking my tickets.

Back then the ushers in the first two levels would check off which seats were empty around puck drop so that they'd catch people looking to upgrade.

I'm surprised Spartacat never got in trouble. He'd sometimes do this with people during the game and move them to an empty 100 level seat.

• Haha
Reactions: bert

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
but you can at least make a night of it, go out for dinner after, run into a pub 15 minutes after the game, use the energy of the night so continue the night.

When the game is over in Kanata at 10pm it’s “hey bro, how about a 30 minute traffic jam at 10pm out here in a farmers field, every night for 41 nights. Cool right!”

Sens games don’t lead to anything else besides bedtime, in Montreal you walk out and go for a steak, in Van you go outside and if there isn’t a riot you have drinking and drug options, in Toronto you go outside and just breath the excellence on the other Torontonians Co2.

The problem with Kanata is it’s completely dead. The game ends and your night ends.
I don't really understand this. If people aren't willing to pay for the current prices what makes you think they'll pay for more expensive prices and have a night out at a pub.

Do most people really think to themselves if I can't afford to go to a game in Kanata that I will spend even more at a game downtown? Not sure.

Reactions: Crosside

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don't really understand this. If people aren't willing to pay for the current prices what makes you think they'll pay for more expensive prices and have a night out at a pub.

Do most people really think to themselves if I can't afford to go to a game in Kanata that I will spend even more at a game downtown? Not sure.
It makes the entire experience way better thats why they are willing to spend the money.

Reactions: DrEasy

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

It’s more about the money invested - as in “what did you do last night”

Answer 1 : “I drove out to Kanata had bad traffic on both ends, spent $150 and was home by 11pm just took in a game and had some nachos and a coke, didn’t want to drink and drive”

Answer 2 “worked a bit late and then jumped on the O-Train, it was working that day, went straight to the game, texted Brady and after the game we walked to Fariliina’s for an après-game pizza and then hit the Dominion for a quart. Cost me $200 and I we were done at 1am, actually got home at 3am because the O-Train broke down at midnight.

One answer sounds like you live in 2009 Ottawa, the other sounds like you live in Ottawa as well but if the O-train worked it could be Montreal or Vancouver.

• Haha
Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It’s more about the money invested - as in “what did you do last night”

Answer 1 : “I drove out to Kanata had bad traffic on both ends, spent $150 and was home by 11pm just took in a game and had some nachos and a coke, didn’t want to drink and drive”

Answer 2 “worked a bit late and then jumped on the O-Train, it was working that day, went straight to the game, texted Brady and after the game we walked to Fariliina’s for an après-game pizza and then hit the Dominion for a quart. Cost me $200 and I we were done at 1am, actually got home at 3am because the O-Train broke down at midnight.

One answer sounds like you live in 2009 Ottawa, the other sounds like you live in Ottawa as well but if the O-train worked it could be Montreal or Vancouver.

Imagine what Ottawa would look like today if the LRT was up and running (all three phases and whatever else they're planning) and working the way it's supposed to, a good 20 years ago.

A lot of things in the city would be so different.

Reactions: Tuna99

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Imagine what Ottawa would look like today if the LRT was up and running (all three phases and whatever else they're planning) and working the way it's supposed to, a good 20 years ago.

A lot of things in the city would be so different.

Ottawa has so many things going for it, whatever they are doing the downtown and the whole waves from the honking protest, Covid, the O train is the opposite of a functioning core of a major city and a Capitol . And politicians stand there and say “people are cynical”

You installed a multi billion dollar train that doesn’t work and at the same time encouraging people to buy sandwiches so downtown businesses don’t go broke. People can’t afford groceries and the richest man in Canada has been accused of grocery price fixing twice in the last 5 years. They are completely out of touch and wonder why people don’t want to spent 2 seconds listening to their B.S.

It’s why the cynical politicians are winning. Nobody can get a straight answer and there’s no accountability

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Tax payers always get reamed up the ass. Ex mayor Jim Watson is such an abomination to this whole LRT fiasco.

Downtown is dying and the thing that brings people downtown doesn’t work but it’s the guy who’s packed his lunch now to for 29 years because he has kids and wants to save money, it’s that’s dudes fault.

Okay. Makes sense. Just guilt people into spending seems to be there only solution at a time when people can’t afford anything. That’s Ottawa politics

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
They want people back in the office. The downtown business argument was a way to pass the blame on to someone else and deflect. Hilarious that people don't see this, and have now started boycotting downtown businesses. They are a pawn in this.

The reason why downtown is the best place for an arena is because in a perfect world, by the time we get a new arena in 2060, we will have light rail from each different area of town that feeds into downtown. People in Kanata get the short end of the stick, but for everybody from every other part of the city the arena becomes more accessible.

Downtown is done, and it's never coming back. If we do get an arena, by that time Elgin will likely be a sovereign tent city. I can't see people going there or to bank street after a game. They will go and get $70 wings at the Crazy Horse that will no doubt be inside the complex that the new arena is on, then get on the replacement bus that is used when the O-Train goes on LTIR, and spend the 3 hour bus ride back to Kanata posting thought pieces on Reddit about how moving the arena downtown was stupid because they cut off their season ticket base in Carp.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
They want people back in the office. The downtown business argument was a way to pass the blame on to someone else and deflect. Hilarious that people don't see this, and have now started boycotting downtown businesses. They are a pawn in this.

The reason why downtown is the best place for an arena is because in a perfect world, by the time we get a new arena in 2060, we will have light rail from each different area of town that feeds into downtown. People in Kanata get the short end of the stick, but for everybody from every other part of the city the arena becomes more accessible.

Downtown is done, and it's never coming back. If we do get an arena, by that time Elgin will likely be a sovereign tent city. I can't see people going there or to bank street after a game. They will go and get $70 wings at the Crazy Horse that will no doubt be inside the complex that the new arena is on, then get on the replacement bus that is used when the O-Train goes on LTIR, and spend the 3 hour bus ride back to Kanata posting thought pieces on Reddit about how moving the arena downtown was stupid because they cut off their season ticket base in Carp.
If the Crazy Horse has a spot, then my old boss will print money. Lol.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Its not so much that they want people back in the office as they have zero interest in work location being bargained into the CBA so they are playing hardball on it.

Both sides are being stupid about it, before the union's tried to get work location into the CBAs they would just let the departments figure out what worked for them. Now everyone is trying to take a hardline on something nuanced where there is no one size fits all solution.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad