Ticket/Attendance Discussion: The Sequel

Whis

Jul 1, 2016
Lots of seats on fans first
Winnipegers trying to make a quick buck. Those seats will be full whether they sell or not.

One of the great things TNSE did was allow STH to resell their tickets for below ticket value on Ticketmaster. But this really hurts the chances of selling out the building because these will always sell before the regular tickets.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
I think Winnipeg is the only market in Canada where a CFL team can actually affect the NHL team. Don’t get me wrong, I like the Blue Bombers, but it is a unique phenomenon. I was visiting family in Edmonton and Montreal this summer, and they didn’t understand why Winnipeggers would choose a CFL game over an NHL game.

Every market has its own unique characteristics. But when you look at it more broadly, having to work around football to some extent (pro, college or in Winnipeg's case, the CFL) is more or less the norm in most NHL markets.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Every market has its own unique characteristics. But when you look at it more broadly, having to work around football to some extent (pro, college or in Winnipeg's case, the CFL) is more or less the norm in most NHL markets.
I remember when I lived in Atlanta during the Thrashers years, they hatied Friday night games because of the conflict with high school football

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I remember when I lived in Atlanta during the Thrashers years, they hatied Friday night games because of the conflict with high school football

Good point, Friday night (lights) high school, Saturday College, Sunday NFL. Football really understood how to divide up the pie early on, and for the most part they have stuck to their guns.

Reactions: Buffdog

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
this is such a nothing burger.

Attendance is something TNSE needs to keep driving....obviously..till the end of time...it's thier business...

BUT

the story is a joke. Pretending that the Jets are "struggling"
At our lowest it was still 85% capacity...with some of the higher average ticket prices in the league. Those are numbers a lot of markets would kill for.

There was a thread on reddit recently talking about NHL season ticket prices and people in some markets were paying HALF of what the Jets charge for season tix. HALF.

so for simple math

18000 x 2 is $36,000
15000 x4 is $60,000 x.85 for Jets WORST attendance is $51,000
Even with with another 15% knocked of for exchange rates" the revenue is still $43,350

even if that team was selling out?(they aren't either) they still make less cash than the Jets do with a 85% capacity...

This story is a nothing burger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad