Ticket/Attendance Discussion: The Sequel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Well, I'm all for reverse surge pricing hahaha

That was more my view point (obviously under communicated). Premium pricing with concession food is already baked in but how can they use value based pricing in a fashion that makes sense. When, where, how?

I would like to be part of a group that could run a war room on this……lock the doors, no bad ideas, wide open, blue sky scenarios on this topic.

Reactions: Gm0ney

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Can’t argue with that, and it certainly seems to be the sentiment of a growing part of the Jets fanbase. I guess it does beg the question: what does Jets brass need to do get fans enthused again?

I have a hard time with the ‘on-ice product’ argument. This was a 110 point team least season, same core coming back. They’ve made the postseason 6 of last 7 seasons (5 if you really want to argue semantics on that pandemic season in the bubble). I get the argument about them being closer to the mushy middle than true contention. All I’m saying is the ‘on-ice product’ is arguably as good or worse for at least 16-20 other NHL franchises.

Would fans embrace a full rebuild? I hear a lot of people that say yes, but I have a hard time imagining people being re-enthused by a bunch of sub 80 point seasons.

Interested to hear other perspectives. Maybe it has nothing at all to do with the roster..
I think we are just such a small market that overall economic impacts have an outsized effect on our attendance. I think people are tighter on money than they have been in a long time, and the Jets are being cut out of peoples budgets.

I think the on ice product is fine in sense that they are not a bad team. We will compete for a playoff spot, but does anyone think there is a greater than like 1% chance we win the cup? I am not sure how that impacts everyone, but for me it sucks a lot of excitement out of the product. It feels like we are just spinning our tires every year with no overall direction or plan.

I also feel like the experience at the game kinda stinks. Prices for food are insane (I get they are at almost all NHL rinks). There is very little that makes me want to go to a game, well at least to pay for it. I will go when I get free tickets, but that's probably the whole problem itself.

Bender Duster

Sep 16, 2024
I think we are just such a small market that overall economic impacts have an outsized effect on our attendance. I think people are tighter on money than they have been in a long time, and the Jets are being cut out of peoples budgets.

I think the on ice product is fine in sense that they are not a bad team. We will compete for a playoff spot, but does anyone think there is a greater than like 1% chance we win the cup? I am not sure how that impacts everyone, but for me it sucks a lot of excitement out of the product. It feels like we are just spinning our tires every year with no overall direction or plan.

I also feel like the experience at the game kinda stinks. Prices for food are insane (I get they are at almost all NHL rinks). There is very little that makes me want to go to a game, well at least to pay for it. I will go when I get free tickets, but that's probably the whole problem itself.
I agree entirely. We’re a small market and the economic crunch is causing folks to cut certain things from their budgets and mortgage, groceries and gas take priority over Jets tickets.

Of course the fans that aren’t attending anymore would much rather tell people that they dislike the team or coach or TNSE than tell people they can no longer afford to go…

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Well…reading this thread doesn’t make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

On the bright side, I love the new security walk through! No long lineups, no putting your phone/keys, etc in a bowl. Will be so much nicer on the busier nights.

YES. Massive improvement in the game experience right there. You breeze right in now.

Reactions: Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
YES. Massive improvement in the game experience right there. You breeze right in now.
This is great to hear!

That was my number one complaint to my account rep, that the airport style security system was bogus. And especially bad compared to other NHL rinks where you just breeze through the security checkpoint. Hell, at Amalie Arena you don’t even need to empty your pockets!

Small improvement, but also great for the game day experience. Nothing drags it down quite like waiting 15-20 minutes in -30 just to get into the damn building.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
I attended around 30 games last year and expect to attend a similar number this year. As long as my health holds out, I will continue.

I'm as excited about the coming year as I've ever been and I'm a Jets fan through and through.

I'm ready to cheer. I'm ready to complain. I'm ready to offer my less than expert thoughts and observations.

We are on this board because we are all passionate Jet fans. Here's to a good year!

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I agree entirely. We’re a small market and the economic crunch is causing folks to cut certain things from their budgets and mortgage, groceries and gas take priority over Jets tickets.

Of course the fans that aren’t attending anymore would much rather tell people that they dislike the team or coach or TNSE than tell people they can no longer afford to go…
I think a lot of fans would still be buying tickets if TNSE hadn't taken them for granted. It would've been a lot easier to keep their loyal customers than it is now to try and win them back.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

It is expensive to go to a game, season tickets are expensive too but when you have a payroll of almost 100,000 million dollars i don't see anyway that it wouldn't be expensive. As far as the team's chances of winning it all , ya they aren't very good unless Helly plays unreal and carried us to some wins. Thing is there are maybe 5 or 6 teams that have a decent chance at winning right now but you never know what can happen in the playoffs if a team and it's goalie get hot.All i know is i remember what it was like not having a team and i will gladly take a team that pretty much always makes the playoffs and has a small chance to win than no team at all.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
It is expensive to go to a game, season tickets are expensive too but when you have a payroll of almost 100,000 million dollars i don't see anyway that it wouldn't be expensive. As far as the team's chances of winning it all , ya they aren't very good unless Helly plays unreal and carried us to some wins. Thing is there are maybe 5 or 6 teams that have a decent chance at winning right now but you never know what can happen in the playoffs if a team and it's goalie get hot.All i know is i remember what it was like not having a team and i will gladly take a team that pretty much always makes the playoffs and has a small chance to win than no team at all.
Of course I'd rather have a team than no team at all. I'd also love to be in the financial position to support the team more. That being said, the product isn't good enough for me to be higher in my hobby list. I'd rather pay for golf/other hobbies than go to a Jets game right now. If I thought the team was a realistic contender I'd be more likely to pay to go to games.

If I had endless money I'd for sure go to more games though.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Yeah I mean I'm not feeling super-enthused right now, but that could change. There's been seasons where I went in very excited thinking "this team should have a solid chance this year!" only to end up feeling dejected half way thru. This year it mostly looks like we'll end up at best with something like the past couple seasons where the team looks good or even great for a time and then kinda dwindles. I don't need a SC win to be enthused, but I'd like to think maybe they have a chance to make more noise than just an unceremonious first-round exit.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
I think a lot of fans would still be buying tickets if TNSE hadn't taken them for granted. It would've been a lot easier to keep their loyal customers than it is now to try and win them back.
While TNSE seems to be making some nominal efforts to engage customers, it’s hard to shake the feeling that it’s being done in a very loaded-question manner, giving them the answers they want to hear instead of hard truths about how they run their business.

Good example is the ST Holder advisory group they formed. What they really need to do is form a Hater advisory group. People that were all-in back in 2011 but have given up on the Jets for reasons beyond financial and life circumstances. Get on it, Chipman! Only needs to do a cursory glance through social media to find some good representation. :sarcasm: (I’m being tongue-in-cheek, but also with a hint of truth.)

Reactions: Gm0ney

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad