Ticket/Attendance Discussion: The Sequel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
A buddy of mine with season tickets got to tour Canada Life Center and he brought the Dude, very cool. Got to see everything except for Arniel's office, under a renovation, and the theater room. Apparently this is a way to offer some perks to being a season ticket holder .

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Got 4 tickets to the home opener, and was surprised by two things...cost for a good upper deck seat $137 a piece before taxes. For someone who shelled out the $30 dollars at 7-11 for a pair of upper deck seats in the 90s I was surprised at how far the prices have gone up.

Secondly, there is thousands of tickets still available, it seems.

Yeah True North can mitigate attendance losses, especially with playoff appearances, but the league itself has got to be looking at us, wondering if it's time to go. Cities with more corporate affluence can probably easily reach our attendance numbers, if not exceed them. True North is pushing a price point that is probably not sustainable given the economic stresses many people are facing.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Got 4 tickets to the home opener, and was surprised by two things...cost for a good upper deck seat $137 a piece before taxes. For someone who shelled out the $30 dollars at 7-11 for a pair of upper deck seats in the 90s I was surprised at how far the prices have gone up.

Yeah True North can mitigate attendance losses, especially with playoff appearances, but the league itself has got to be looking at us, wondering if it's time to go. Cities with more corporate affluence can probably easily reach our attendance numbers, if not exceed them. True North is pushing a price point that is probably not sustainable given the economic stresses many people are facing.

I think the league would rather expand into those markets and get the expansion fee than relocate.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think the league would rather expand into those markets and get the expansion fee than relocate.

Also there are markers with years upon years of low attendance. This would really only be year 3 for us.

We as a market are going through one right now in large part to due to COVID and the years worth massive inflation and economic turmoil that happened right after. It is still going to be a couple of years until wages catch up and people are in the same economic state as before COVID.

This is part of owning a business, there will be ebs and flows in demand due to different internal and external factors. But in the end even with these issues the team made money last year even with the challenges. They just have to keep working on improving client relations, growing their corporate base and wait for people's economic situation to improve.

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights

Home opener will be more expensive than many of the other regular season games for comparable seats for a couple reasons.

1. It's the home opener
2. Connor Bedard plays for the Blackhawks - ticket prices are higher when the opposition features a generational player.

I did a quick count and there are probably 900 or so blue dots available. Where did you get the thousands of tickets still available? Are you counting the pink dots? Those are resale.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad