Ticket/Attendance Discussion: The Sequel

wpg1

Oct 7, 2024
Another thing: not sure why, but based on last year it seems that the crowds are larger in the second half of the year for the Jets. We are off to a “better” start attendance-wise than we were last year, and I have a feeling mid/late-december onward we will start seeing a lot of sellouts. This is a good team and hockey fans in the city WILL respond accordingly, I genuinely believe that. No, they won’t go undefeated lol we all know that. But this is a good team and it’s a playoff caliber team and people will buy tickets as the season progresses.

I also see this as the silver lining. We really vamped it up post-Christmas and I'm positive the same would happen this season. I continue to believe this season will be a big increase overall

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I notice a difference from 2019 to now, in the number of younger fans attending. I would say seniors were a fixture at games before then. And Covid made life harder for them. But you have a generation now that have grown up with the Jets, and you need some youthful energy in the building. If I cheer too loud, I'll start coughing, old dusty lungs, so I just appreciate the spectacle., where once upon a time me and my friends would turn the decible meter up.
How about new Canadians? We probably have at least 60,000 of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad