OT: Thread About Nothing (part # who cares)

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Stay safe everyone. Looks like the worst is going to be right around Tampa Bay.

Rule of thumb. Run from water and hide from wind. Stay high and dry and bunker down someplace secure

Be careful with all the tornados. A f*** ton all over Florida today
I evacuated to the Treasure Coast (east coast of the state) and my phone (which I have plugged in to keep pinned on 100% just in case the power goes out) and my phone keeps going off every half hour about a tornado warning here and the previous warning being extended.

The power already went out here for a minute, then came right back on. I went to the store earlier with my friend and his grandmother and the power went out for a minute at dollar tree. Publix here is closed, which surprised us. That’s where we were going.

Just a bunch of nasty rain here and tornado warnings. The rain has at least broken here for now. Apparently the rain won’t be that bad on the south side of this storm. It’s looking like it’s gonna come out the other side about 75 miles north of here.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I evacuated to the Treasure Coast (east coast of the state) and my phone (which I have plugged in to keep pinned on 100% just in case the power goes out) and my phone keeps going off every half hour about a tornado warning here and the previous warning being extended.

The power already went out here for a minute, then came right back on. I went to the store earlier with my friend and his grandmother and the power went out for a minute at dollar tree. Publix here is closed, which surprised us. That’s where we were going.

Just a bunch of nasty rain here and tornado warnings. The rain has at least broken here for now. Apparently the rain won’t be that bad on the south side of this storm. It’s looking like it’s gonna come out the other side about 75 miles north of here.
There have been several tornados today along the east coast north of forts Lauderdale to about Jupiter. One was very close to my folks in Palm Beach and that was a bit nerve wracking. Another was in Wellington where one of my youngest’s best friends has his family. Just a crazy day in an area that shoukd have been spared the extreme weather.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There have been several tornados today along the east coast north of forts Lauderdale to about Jupiter. One was very close to my folks in Palm Beach and that was a bit nerve wracking. Another was in Wellington where one of my youngest’s best friends has his family. Just a crazy day in an area that shoukd have been spared the extreme weather.
I’m in Stuart, not too far north of Jupiter. We took a ride over to the beach in Hobe Sound to check out the ocean. It’s a mess. That’s where we’re at right now.

It only stopped thunderstorming and tornado’ing (well, the warnings stopped) an hour ago here.

It’s not very windy here at all. It was gusty earlier when it was storming.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’m in Stuart, not too far north of Jupiter. We took a ride over to the beach in Hobe Sound to check out the ocean. It’s a mess. That’s where we’re at right now.

It only stopped thunderstorming and tornado’ing (well, the warnings stopped) an hour ago here.

It’s not very windy here at all. It was gusty earlier when it was storming.
And I should add to this. There's some downed trees on the US-1 from a suspected tornado earlier. We had to take a detour. The thunderstorms were pretty scary here earlier. It's fairly calm right now. I expect winds to pick up a bit, but I'm hoping we've seen the worst of the thunderstorms.

Be careful on the east coast for bad winds
Fortunately where I am is well south of where that map shows. It only goes to Sebastian on the east coast. I think where I am is about 50 miles south of there? Probably 50 land miles away. Where I live is in the 100+ MPH gust zone though.

I feel pretty safe here, despite it being a mobile home.

Actually, let me rephrase that. I feel safe from the hurricane here. I don't feel too terribly safe from the tornadoes here. I'm not sure if I would even in a non-mobile structure.

But those have calmed down and from what I've heard rain and thunder won't be as prominent on the south side of this storm.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It’s f***in horrifying here. Not sure if this is just a mobile home in a storm or what, but this is scary. Power keeps flickering and it’s way gustier than I thought it would be. I can’t sleep through this.

I’m gonna guess we’ve had 60 MPH gusts already.

And then we had that tornado that was only about 2 miles from here late this afternoon.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
My parents narrowly missed the tornados but my youngest in Gainesville made it sound like they avoided anything scary. I'm hoping at this point we have all come out unscathed? @NjDevsRR how did your parents fare?
They are All good. Best case scenario occurred. Milton went south of Tampa but north enough from my parents. Plus the southern half of the storm collapsed which reduced the surge threat.

Very lucky the shear came in play in the final 12 hours before landfall

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hope you're alright, Bleed.
Thanks!

I’m good where I am. I evacuated to the east coast, only it was in a mobile home, which was scary! I never expected it to be as bad down here as it was, but we got 70 MPH gusts if I had to guess. It was pretty bad here between about 1:30 and 4:00 AM. I’m surprised the power didn’t go out, all it did was flicker a few times. It was worse than we thought, considering the closest the storm got was like 80 miles and it was a cat 1 by then. And one of those tornadoes yesterday afternoon was only 2 miles from where I’m staying.

I think my house (which was almost in the direct path of the storm) made out fine, but the electricity is still out I think.

The dog and I will probably stay here until Saturday. We’d probably stay through the weekend, but my friend’s girlfriend and her daughter are coming to visit him for the holiday weekend. She lives in Jersey still.

Of course I don’t have to get out, I just figured they want time to themselves and my dog is not good around strangers. But I may wind up staying if power isn’t restored.

Brovalchuk

Dec 8, 2011
Any advice tonight in net fellas? I drafted Sway and threw him on IR in my fantasy league. He's starting tonight. Should I let him marinate on IR or bring him back. My struggle is trusting my other two tonight instead. Help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241010_141057_Fantasy.jpg
    Screenshot_20241010_141057_Fantasy.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Any advice tonight in net fellas? I drafted Sway and threw him on IR in my fantasy league. He's starting tonight. Should I let him marinate on IR or bring him back. My struggle is trusting my other two tonight instead. Help
My advice is you will get more replies on the actual hockey threads :)

Reactions: JK3

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I wish I would’ve come on here the past 3-4 days, you guys posted some good information on the hurricane. The last 12 hours before hitting land Milton decided to shift and stay further south from Tampa and much closer to my area south of Sarasota… at one point it was even projected to come right over the top of me (like literally) as Ian did 2 years ago. We had quite the adventure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad