OT: Thread About Nothing (part # who cares)

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
I’m not too worried about my house being destroyed by it, though it’s by no means unbreakable. But the last one may have taken out my place of work, and that one didn’t even make landfall anywhere near here. And my friends live over on the water. I don’t, and I have enough elevation where I am that I typically don’t get flooded, but this could be pretty bad for much of the area.
Yea, I do know if I look at those nhc surge maps and use that interactive one with water levels. 10 feet doesn’t reach here. It’s close and floods like near by creeks out, but it still doesn’t push water here.

But I’m assuming 15 foot surge does put at least a foot or 3 in the complex and parking lot.

I got I-75 right behind me. Literally. I can hear the cars down it and could walk to look at it I. 3-5 mins. I’m like right in the edge of the surge map if what they showed posisbly yesterday.

I wonder how long it would be before I could get into my apartment if it just has flood damage to the lower levels. Because one, I wanna make sure my shit is secure, or move what I can’t take with me. Also, I want to find out what happens if with rent, electric bills and internet bills if I can’t be in my place after for a month or so.

Leaving to avoid the storm is the safest thing. Fingers crossed it isn’t as dangerous as the last one.
I’m hoping it’s not.

I’d love to just hang here out of laziness and having to drive somewhere but I also don’t want to be with out electricity with my dogs c the heat, and needing to be able to work.

Reactions: Bleedred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad