OT: Thread About Nothing (part # who cares)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Having a good mechanic is invaluable...I used the same guy from the time I was in highschool...I moved an hour away and still brought my vehicles to him until he retired in 2010.

100% true..... my previous guy (who i know and jammed with a few times) was great but he closed his shop and moved on so i went around the corner to another place (guy's names are jim and james) ....been going to them the last 8 years or so.

thing is the older guy jim lived beside my cousin for over 35 years and is good friends with him so i lucked out.... theyre f***ing awesome.... i drop off my vehicles and let them do whats needed. no bullshit and i can trust them.

same with my auto body guy dave ...i sold him my 72 ford maverick a few years ago, he's another trustworthy guy. when some lady dented my back left side in front of the rear lights he did the job off of here insurance paying.

he quoted 1000, the insurance recommended shop quoted 1500 and another independent quoted like 1400.

i went with my guy which required a in person inspection by her insurance company two weeks later

i ended up with a cheque for 1300 in both my name and dave's name...i signed it all over and got him to paint the truck cap i found for 350 at the wreckers to match the truck..... now the whole thing looks brand new as the cap is a perfect match.... looking great for an '07 with 84,500 miles on it

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've never been to a mechanic in my life. I really can't afford one.

Been doing work on my own vehicles since I started driving at 17. I'm not gonna say I've been able to do EVERYTHING by myself. I've had friends help me with stuff that's either a little advanced or something that might take more than one person, due to things being a pain in the ass or too heavy. Like a transmission change.

I have $1000 bucks if I need to use it to fix my car, but I'd rather not spend that entire $1000 on the repair, as I really wish to use it for other things if I need to.

And now it's spread to home repairs. I've done everything from plumbing to electrical to flooring.

The only thing I ever dread doing is painting. I can't stand that.

Cutting the grass is also annoying. I really wouldn't mind paying someone to do that every week, but they charge too much, so I don't. I just feel like I have better things to do when I'm not working than to get out there and cut grass on a 93 degree and humid day, or where it starts thundering and lightning 10 minutes after I get started.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I've never been to a mechanic in my life. I really can't afford one.

Been doing work on my own vehicles since I started driving at 17. I'm not gonna say I've been able to do EVERYTHING by myself. I've had friends help me with stuff that's either a little advanced or something that might take more than one person, due to things being a pain in the ass or too heavy. Like a transmission change.

I have $1000 bucks if I need to use it to fix my car, but I'd rather not spend that entire $1000 on the repair, as I really wish to use it for other things if I need to.

And now it's spread to home repairs. I've done everything from plumbing to electrical to flooring.

The only thing I ever dread doing is painting. I can't stand that.

Cutting the grass is also annoying. I really wouldn't mind paying someone to do that every week, but they charge too much, so I don't. I just feel like I have better things to do when I'm not working than to get out there and cut grass on a 93 degree and humid day, or where it starts thundering and lightning 10 minutes after I get started.

painting is bullshit. tedious and boring..... zero satisfaction.

i enjoy cutting grass though. it's about an hour on a riding mower.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
There is a brand new kitchen faucet in a box sitting in the garage....my wife has been asking me to replace the current one for well over a year now... Maybe closer to two years... I'll get to it one day.

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
There is a brand new kitchen faucet in a box sitting in the garage....my wife has been asking me to replace the current one for well over a year now... Maybe closer to two years... I'll get to it one day.
Just get someone with two working shoulders who does that sort of thing to swap it out. Pay the money and get it over with.

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred and JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Here we go...going for 60 shots today.

Screenshot_20240915-180612_1.png

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad