OT: Thread About Nothing (part # who cares)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
They're human beings, and every human being can be a douchebag in the right circumstances. I learned long ago not to expect your childhood heroes to be perfect. I mean, I was a Hulk Hogan fan growing up, and we've all seen how that's gone.
So my sister in law is always in the right circumstances? Is that the explanation?

• Haha
Reactions: MadDevil

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
got back from crown land camping up north couple of hours ago. what amazing weather. went with a friend and his 2 boys (11 and 13)..... what at couple total brats that ruined the whole trip.

i want to get away to relax not be miserable

never again will i camp with feral child madness. my nephew is also 13 and would never act like these kids

...im thinking of going back this friday morning but solo,,,, and with one of my acoustic guitars.

ya almost wanting to spend my birthday weekend alone by myself at this point

but first a few days in ottawa for work (again)

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
got back from crown land camping up north couple of hours ago. what amazing weather. went with a friend and his 2 boys (11 and 13)..... what at couple total brats that ruined the whole trip.

i want to get away to relax not be miserable

never again will i camp with feral child madness. my nephew is also 13 and would never act like these kids

...im thinking of going back this friday morning but solo,,,, and with one of my acoustic guitars.

ya almost wanting to spend my birthday weekend alone by myself at this point

but first a few days in ottawa for work (again)
What did they do that was difficult? General whining or something specific

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
What did they do that was difficult? General whining or something specific

to start i drove an hour north to their place for 8 am. we didnt leave until 930 so im already annoyed

then the bitching and moaning about some f***ing nintendo thing for the trip. wanting to stop for candy on the way (which also took forever).

i woke at 6am to do this and it took 6! f***ing hours to finally get to the island which took me and another friend last time 3 hours

then constant spoiled self serving demands and disregard for what their dad and i would say. the amount of screaming and yelling drove me nuts

it was more stressful than day to day life

and leaving the island was another bitch fest with one boy slapping his younger brother in the face with a croc shoe.

and on and demanding f***ing mcdonalds ice cream on the way home. (it didnt happen)

such a disappointing trip

what a waste of time

Reactions: JimEIV and My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
to start i drove an hour north to their place for 8 am. we didnt leave until 930 so im already annoyed

then the bitching and moaning about some f***ing nintendo thing for the trip. wanting to stop for candy on the way (which also took forever).

i woke at 6am to do this and it took 6! f***ing hours to finally get to the island which took me and another friend last time 3 hours

then constant spoiled self serving demands and disregard for what their dad and i would say. the amount of screaming and yelling drove me nuts

it was more stressful than day to day life

and leaving the island was another bitch fest with one boy slapping his younger brother in the face with a croc shoe.

and on and demanding f***ing mcdonalds ice cream on the way home. (it didnt happen)

such a disappointing trip

what a waste of time
Dad has to recognize when kids don’t want to do something and plan accordingly. Some of it is on the overall discipline but if kids are engaged in what’s going on even the annoying ones are fine.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Dad has to recognize when kids don’t want to do something and plan accordingly. Some of it is on the overall discipline but if kids are engaged in what’s going on even the annoying ones are fine.

im just glad i have monday off at this point it drained way too much energy out of me for something that i was looking forward to.

sure they were fine at times but the entitlement and bullshit from the two would make veruca salt blush

Reactions: JimEIV and My3Sons

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I honestly can't think of anything that I didn't want to do with my parents when I was a kid ...well, maybe clothes shopping with my mom when I was little. I hated that.

Ah I miss the days when you were considered "cute" for peeking into the women's fitting room as opposed to a "predator" now...

Relax just a joke.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I honestly can't think of anything that I didn't want to do with my parents when I was a kid ...well, maybe clothes shopping with my mom when I was little. I hated that.

Ah I miss the days when you were considered "cute" for peeking into the women's fitting room as opposed to a "predator" now...

Relax just a joke.
By 11 or 12 you probably would have bristled if your folks asked you to participate in a day long activity that you didn't like. Maybe shopping for window treatments and the fabrics to make them. Imagine a day of that. I once had to go all over the Bronx for a day to look at Persian rugs as a teenager. I imagine I was pretty morose that day. If I knew my kids didn't want to do something but I wanted them to do it we'd discuss it before hand and work something out. In my experience, a reasonable set of expectations laid out for them with a payoff of some sort almost always worked out.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
By 11 or 12 you probably would have bristled if your folks asked you to participate in a day long activity that you didn't like. Maybe shopping for window treatments and the fabrics to make them. Imagine a day of that. I once had to go all over the Bronx for a day to look at Persian rugs as a teenager. I imagine I was pretty morose that day. If I knew my kids didn't want to do something but I wanted them to do it we'd discuss it before hand and work something out. In my experience, a reasonable set of expectations laid out for them with a payoff of some sort almost always worked out.
I guess I was a simple kid. I didn't mind doing things...it didn't matter...but being an only child I think I was very used to being around grown-ups and knew what was expected. I was always more comfortable with adults than children my own age when I was younger.

I used to get dragged along with my grandparents a lot to Jersey City and Manhattan to get products for the deli/grocery store. It would be an all day affair for 6/7/8 year old. They took me all the time... my grandmother was the "business person" and much of time I hung out with my grandfather listening to baseball (Yankees or the Mets) on AM radio eating shelled peanuts while grandma was purchasing and dealing.

The managers of the places we used to go to always gave me a little something... either food/candy or a toy depending on what they sold. It was good deal for me :)

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Anybody ever have Heaven Hill 7yr?

Curious on opinions. I saw a flyer at my local store for special on it for $40 and I was curious.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They're human beings, and every human being can be a douchebag in the right circumstances. I learned long ago not to expect your childhood heroes to be perfect. I mean, I was a Hulk Hogan fan growing up, and we've all seen how that's gone.
I always hated Hogan as a kid, because he was forced down our throats, and I do think I found out fairly early on about his creative control and refusing to job and put people over. I think by Wrestlemania 1993 I was already onto the fact that the whole main event was done to put the belt back onto Hogan without them having to book yet another face vs face main event for the title at Wrestlemania like the Hogan vs Warrior match just a few years earlier. And I think I had already caught onto it being BS that he wouldn't job to Bret Hart, but dropped the belt back to Yokozuna instead (I think that's what happened?) on his way out. Later on we would find out that Bret Hart vs Hogan was the main event for either Summerslam or King of the Ring 93 (I forget which one) and they even shot pictures and promos for it featuring Hogan and Bret having a tug of war with the belt for the event poster. But Hogan would block it, but denied to Bret it was his doing and blamed it on Vince. Despite Bret claiming Vince pitched the idea to him, but had to run it by Terry first.

So yeah, I was over Hogan before everyone else.

But I know you were probably talking more in regards to him outside of wrestling, like the racist phone calls and things that started surfacing only in the last 10-15 years. And disgusting comments he made about the victim his son paralyzed in the car crash some years back.

I found this perfect timing, as my friend and I were just discussing why Hogan was so eager to call up Eric Bischoff and tell him he wanted to drop the belt to Goldberg, who was a rookie and had only been in the business for not even an entire year. Yet he was always so difficult in dropping the belt to guys like Sting without one of the biggest bullshit finishes ever and wouldn't even drop the belt to Bret Hart at all.

So this was the perfect outlet to let out some of my disdain for Hogan. I have to catch up on the rest of this thread and conversation.:laugh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

One must live up to his expectations of perfection it would seem.

Yeah that is a big nothing burger. That happens so much
One guy is really famous for this is Billy Corgan.

I think on a lot of their records he recorded everything but the drums.

It's no wonder that D'arcy and James have fought with him and stayed out of the band at different points since their first break up. I don't think D'arcy has ever been back, and has been out since before the band broke up in the early 00s. I don't follow them and couldn't care less for anything that came out after 1995.

They were original members who must have felt like hired guns. I think Corgan is probably a bigger douche and egomaniac than Dave Grohl, or at least he's always struck me as such.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
One guy is really famous for this is Billy Corgan.

I think on a lot of their records he recorded everything but the drums.

It's no wonder that D'arcy and James have fought with him and stayed out of the band at different points since their first break up. I don't think D'arcy has ever been back, and has been out since before the band broke up in the early 00s. I don't follow them and couldn't care less for anything that came out after 1995.

They were original members who must have felt like hired guns. I think Corgan is probably a bigger douche and egomaniac than Dave Grohl, or at least he's always struck me as such.

That's what I thought of as well. I know for sure he did that on Siamese Dream, but I was under the impression that D'arcy and James played more on later albums (though not really sure).

Corgan and the Jimmy Chamberlain gave an interview a few years back and basically said that Corgan re-recorded their parts because they sucked at playing guitar/bass. I'm sure Corgan's a headcase, but I also get it if he felt like their parts were sub-par and he could do a better job himself considering he wrote everything. Iha rejoined the group a few years back but D'Arcy's been MIA. They're still pumping out music, but I don't think any of it's been that good for a while.

My3Sons

Sponsor
That's what I thought of as well. I know for sure he did that on Siamese Dream, but I was under the impression that D'arcy and James played more on later albums (though not really sure).

Corgan and the Jimmy Chamberlain gave an interview a few years back and basically said that Corgan re-recorded their parts because they sucked at playing guitar/bass. I'm sure Corgan's a headcase, but I also get it if he felt like their parts were sub-par and he could do a better job himself considering he wrote everything. Iha rejoined the group a few years back but D'Arcy's been MIA. They're still pumping out music, but I don't think any of it's been that good for a while.
Most guys who write the songs seem to have some sense of the arrangement and backing track they hear while writing the song and it leads to this sort of thing. I think most of the time it is less about the musical fluidity and more about the specific method and details. I get why it happens but it's still crappy practice. If the small sounds are that important then just do a solo album.

Reactions: Bleedred and HBK27

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Most guys who write the songs seem to have some sense of the arrangement and backing track they hear while writing the song and it leads to this sort of thing. I think most of the time it is less about the musical fluidity and more about the specific method and details. I get why it happens but it's still crappy practice. If the small sounds are that important then just do a solo album.

a solo album ambition:

how to evoke the spirit of ornette coleman's free jazz with neil young's arc, any fugazi album and lou reed's metal machine music

My3Sons

Sponsor
a solo album ambition:

how to evoke the spirit of ornette coleman's free jazz with neil young's arc, any fugazi album and lou reed's metal machine music
So I worked with Reed's old agent at one point. He had an actual copy of Metal Machine Music. It was awful. That album led to a lawsuit between them.

Reactions: JimEIV and Bleedred

My3Sons

Sponsor
Are you an IP guy?
No. I was a young lawyer and he asked for some help with some sort of contract. I didn’t have to have specific IP experience. His stuff wasn’t that complicated in my view.

i think you mentioned this before.
I’m old and senile so I can’t remember things. Did we ever discuss the evolution of Syd Barrett if he hadn’t gone off the deep end and how See Emily Play on Bowie’s Pinups is what he’d have sounded like? Has that ever come up multiple times already?

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
truck no start. i assume the starter......(it was)

call CAA at 11:52am...

a flat bed truck show up 18 minutes later.

it's at my mechanic's shop by 12:40...i get a call from them later and it's fixed by 5:20

...f***ing service!

i could only imagine how long it would take the mazda dealership to do it and ya, imagine the f***ing price there!

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
As far as re-recording drums, I'm all for it if it's better. Done it many times and suggested it many times. If you don't like it, you should've played it better. The Colour and the Shape is a classic and the drums are a huge part of that.

If someone is the engine of the band, clearly, and they're making that call, get in line or get out. I know that's not a fun thing to say but I see creative work sabotaged by unserious people all the time in my job.

Reactions: HBK27

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
now i need to call the dealership and f*** with them and get a quote.

they will probably just say "we'll set up a service date for you sir".

thats when the fun begins

HAHAHAHA!!!!

mazda dealership quote for starter.... (not including labor)

$1032.82 :amazed:

even the guy on the phone laughed before he told me the price

my mechanic did it for (starter 290, labour 140) ...paid in cash

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
HAHAHAHA!!!!

mazda dealership quote for starter.... (not including labor)

$1032.82 :amazed:

even the guy on the phone laughed before he told me the price

my mechanic did it for (starter 290, labour 140) ...paid in cash
Having a good mechanic is invaluable...I used the same guy from the time I was in highschool...I moved an hour away and still brought my vehicles to him until he retired in 2010.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad