OT: Thread About Nothing (part # who cares)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
rush suddivisions is their best 80s song. (at least today)

it's incredible on nice speakers and loud

this time some sonys i have in the back wood shop

although @JimEIV might fight for red barccetta.

Subdivision is a great song ... I'm not sure it would make my top 5 thought.

Red Barchetta, Limelight, Working man, Free Will, Fly by Night....those are my go-to's

Reactions: My3Sons

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Subdivision is a great song ... I'm not sure it would make my top 5 thought.

Red Barchetta, Limelight, Working man, Free Will, Fly by Night....those are my go-to's

working man yes but thats 70s.

for the more 'well known' 70s i love bastille day and anthem just f***ing kicks off the top

lakeside park....meh. too much toronto sentimentalization. its still rush though

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

It’s a matter of taste. I like Subdivisions but I prefer Limelight Red Barchetta and Spirit of Radio. Just my thoughts. I saw Rush three times in about two weeks in the later 1980s. They were always fun.

Reactions: JimEIV

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I like this song too.

And the lyrics sound like they could be from a punk song.

Strummer seemed tk genuinely live his politics and it wouldn’t shock me if he ended up giving away a bunch of it
That's a good point and something I never actually thought of. He could have just kept enough for himself and gave the rest of it away.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
working man yes but thats 70s.

for the more 'well known' 70s i love bastille day and anthem just f***ing kicks off the top

lakeside park....meh. too much toronto sentimentalization. its still rush though
I missed the 80's part :)

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
subdivisions as a song stands on it's own... but that video really hits it out of the park.

another song that doesn't need a video is bruce's brilliant disguise.....but ya this is a masterpiece of camera work

and he did the vocal live during filming over the backing track

Last edited:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
When we were in 5th grade we would to say "Bet you don't know who sings YYZ"

Then they would respond "Rush Duh"

And we say, "nobody sings YYZ dumbass there are no words "

i was at the beer store today chatting up the regular guy... talking about the change to allow beer to be sold in convenience stores as well..... on on .... hidden fees talk.....beer store is changing price tags BACK to old ways where taxes will show up upon purchase instead.

its bullshit and greasy trying too look cheaper than the new competition in the vein of why stores price things as $4.99 and not $5.00..... who are you fooling?

then he goes on about flying from here to JFK ... then corrects himself and says, "no whats the other one"... told him it's laguardia and he exclaims "ya! that one!"

because i doubt he would know where EWR flights land

Last edited:
Reactions: JimEIV and My3Sons

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
He can be. But he can be super awesome at the same time. Kind of unique in that way.
He is definitely super awesome on stage. Just get weird vibes from him... like he pretends to be affable but is truly vicious.

I obviously don't know the guy but that's what he gives off to me.

My3Sons

Sponsor
He is definitely super awesome on stage. Just get weird vibes from him... like he pretends to be affable but is truly vicious.

I obviously don't know the guy but that's what he gives off to me.
My impression is that he’s very popular among his peers. He has collaborated with plenty of folks who don’t need to do that unless they want to and he is always at tribute shows. I’d expect if he was a total Jack ass that would not happen. Like you I can’t pretend to know him but he’s not the first guy who had an oops moment with a mistress. Obviously there is a flaw in his character that he felt it appropriate to have a relationship with a woman not his wife but hopefully they can figure out a real way to move forward since there are multiple kids involved.

Reactions: HBK27 and JimEIV

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Organizing a basketball shooting contest with my friends this weekend followed by dinner at Sizzler.

I may or may not have bought a Michael Jordan jersey for the occasion.

Also planning on blaring "Purple Haze" at some point.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
6:08am September 14th. New Jersey bow season begins.

Screenshot_20240910-161541_1.png

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

My3Sons

Sponsor

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Today I shot my old 45# competition longbow 30 shots on a 3D course. Didn't score like I used to but I completed a course clean(no misses ) and pain free.

203 out of a potential 300. 67% is whatever. A good shooter should be over 80% and a real competitor 90% and above. But I was just overjoyed completing the course without pain.

50# pain free was the goal I originally set out for. I'm just about there.

Reactions: Billdo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad