OT: Thread About Nothing (part # who cares)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
happy f***ing midnight, enjoy the weekend. (ya ya , blah blah , thursday)_

if you dont take the weekend to enjoy there will be some jackass destroying it.

as what happens when life is funnelled into a "9 to 5" dolly parton tale much too real.

"long weekends" are hardly long. fight on fight of traffic......race to to the place!

this is escape of city! an illusion of the reality of actual free time alone somewhere.

and having to "beat the rush back" ...

what a life.

i am glad to never to fall for a sham like this again.

i know better now.

*this post was sponsered by booze and true clear minded sincerity*
IMG_2305.png

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Working on this shoulder hard. Putting in a minimum of 2 hours but usually 3 or 4 hours every day trying to get this thing right...it's become my new job.

PT, gym, swimming and shooting my bow just about every single day... it's become a bit of an obsession and I don't remember working this hard at anything in the last 20 years.

Reactions: My3Sons

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Working on this shoulder hard. Putting in a minimum of 2 hours but usually 3 or 4 hours every day trying to get this thing right...it's become my new job.

PT, gym, swimming and shooting my bow just about every single day... it's become a bit of an obsession and I don't remember working this hard at anything in the last 20 years.

eyes on the prize man

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

I hope it gets you back to 99%. I recall your initial efforts at archery were frustrating. I presume that is improving as you rehab? Are you approaching your pre-injury skills?

Reactions: JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I hope it gets you back to 99%. I recall your initial efforts at archery were frustrating. I presume that is improving as you rehab? Are you approaching your pre-injury skills?
It's going very slow but I am seeing progress and I am shooting around 20 arrows every day with a very light poundage bow. I started with 18 lbs then moved to 25 and just today move up 30 lbs. That's about 60% from where I want to be in terms of poundage.

Not really paying attention to accuracy...precision at this point isn't all that important. Proper painless form is what I'm looking for right now...and like I said it's going very slowly.

My3Sons

Sponsor
It's going very slow but I am seeing progress and I am shooting around 20 arrows every day with a very light poundage bow. I started with 18 lbs then moved to 25 and just today move up 30 lbs. That's about 60% from where I want to be in terms of poundage.

Not really paying attention to accuracy...precision at this point isn't all that important. Proper painless form is what I'm looking for right now...and like I said it's going very slowly.
Hang in there. The fact that you love it so much will keep you motivated. When I hurt my shoulder I did a bunch of weight lifting to get it back and it was mostly fine until about two years ago. I guess I will never pitch for the Yankees.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I had the past week off, first time I've used my vacation days all year (well except one random day early in the year) and now I'm remembering why I don't like taking time off. I get too used to it, I like doing nothing too much. I can't go back to work now.

Need to figure out a way to make money by not working. One day I'll crack the code

Reactions: HBK27 and My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
I had the past week off, first time I've used my vacation days all year (well except one random day early in the year) and now I'm remembering why I don't like taking time off. I get too used to it, I like doing nothing too much. I can't go back to work now.

Need to figure out a way to make money by not working. One day I'll crack the code
Become a golden retriever. They seem to be able to sleep all the time and lay around and then their needs are met with one bark.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Today felt like fall creeping in. It was a gorgeous day. I don't think it got more than 75 degrees with a steady North wind, low humidity. I hiked roughly 6 miles with my wife in the woods today. We got a little rain but was still an amazing day..

At end of the hike I sat down under a big oak tree and fell asleep for a solid hour. My wife let me sleep the entire time. I haven't felt so rejuvenated in a long time. I don't know what it is, but sleeping outside makes me feel good.

It's about 11:00pm now and I think I'm going to sleep outside on my deck tonight for the hell of it.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Today felt like fall creeping in. It was a gorgeous day. I don't think it got more than 75 degrees with a steady North wind, low humidity. I hiked roughly 6 miles with my wife in the woods today. We got a little rain but was still an amazing day..

At end of the hike I sat down under a big oak tree and fell asleep for a solid hour. My wife let me sleep the entire time. I haven't felt so rejuvenated in a long time. I don't know what it is, but sleeping outside makes me feel good.

It's about 11:00pm now and I think I'm going to sleep outside on my deck tonight for the hell of it.
Six miles in the woods and she let you walk out alive? She’s merciful.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

same weather here... it really was an awesome day... no hike but had a walk and revamped the shop out back.

off tommorow and and barrie trip for work friday.

i love my work/life balance so much

i might have said these things before.

Reactions: JimEIV and My3Sons

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I've been going to the office with a little more regularity if only to escape the construction noise around my place. There's a cute coworker who I'd run into occasionally. She's on a different project so I don't have a particular reason to talk with her. But I broke the ice a few weeks back when we were leaving at the same time.

Yesterday ran into her again as we were leaving and she noticed that I had a Hooli badge from the HBO show Silicon Valley. So we geeked out about that show on the walk to the parking lot.

"If you liked Silicon Valley, I assume you watched The Office."
"I watched the first three seasons but it wasn't my favorite. My boyfriend loves it though."

I'm certain I had a momentary sour look before I pivoted and mentioned that the creator of Silicon Valley (Mike Judge) also did Office Space + Beavis & Butthead and how he was an alum of UC San Diego where the both of us went to college. But yeah, I irrationally had the winds taken out of my sail for the rest of the day.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I've been going to the office with a little more regularity if only to escape the construction noise around my place. There's a cute coworker who I'd run into occasionally. She's on a different project so I don't have a particular reason to talk with her. But I broke the ice a few weeks back when we were leaving at the same time.

Yesterday ran into her again as we were leaving and she noticed that I had a Hooli badge from the HBO show Silicon Valley. So we geeked out about that show on the walk to the parking lot.

"If you liked Silicon Valley, I assume you watched The Office."
"I watched the first three seasons but it wasn't my favorite. My boyfriend loves it though."

I'm certain I had a momentary sour look before I pivoted and mentioned that the creator of Silicon Valley (Mike Judge) also did Office Space + Beavis & Butthead and how he was an alum of UC San Diego where the both of us went to college. But yeah, I irrationally had the winds taken out of my sail for the rest of the day.
Well when that no good loser proves he's not worthy you will be there to pick up the pieces.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
'loser play of the day'

woke up and finished off cold water i kept in a clear glass wine bottle in fridge as is holds cold and chills nicely......

refilled it and put it horizontally in freezer so as to have very cold water in a couple of hours.....

....forgot about it and it exploded (not just cracked and held it's shape) ....but busted all over the freezer into shards all my food in there and the sides and top and refroze

... f***ing pain in the ass to clean ...at least it was the extra fridge with a top load freezer and not the main pullout bottom one....that wouldve been waaay worse

silver lining.....got to get rid of a bunch of stuff that was in there too long that i wouldn't have eaten due to freezer burn and at least 2 years old..

LOSER PLAY OF THE DAY. :shakehead

ME!

My3Sons

Sponsor
'loser play of the day'

woke up and finished off cold water i kept in a clear glass wine bottle in fridge as is holds cold and chills nicely......

refilled it and put it horizontally in freezer so as to have very cold water in a couple of hours.....

....forgot about it and it exploded (not just cracked and held it's shape) ....but busted all over the freezer into shards all my food in there and the sides and top and refroze

... f***ing pain in the ass to clean ...at least it was the extra fridge with a top load freezer and not the main pullout bottom one....that wouldve been waaay worse

silver lining.....got to get rid of a bunch of stuff that was in there too long that i wouldn't have eaten due to freezer burn and at least 2 years old..

LOSER PLAY OF THE DAY. :shakehead

ME!
Ugh. Sorry you had to clean all that. The important thing is you got all the broken glass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bleedred

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Got to Lake Champlain yesterday. We have been going to the same place for like, 15 years now. I have never seen it so busy. Tons of boats. Especially bass boats that are decked out to the max. We are talking boats worth 200k everywhere. Everyone must think they are a bass master pro. I don't mind other than the wakes are tough to deal with. Last night I took my old several hundred dollar kayak out for about 20 minutes and caught a real nice bass by a guy in one of these 200k boats; right behind him in a spot he had just fished through. It felt pretty good :laugh:

My3Sons

Sponsor
i should know better... like the time i was having a 'shower beer'... (my brother's idea) and i was stupid enough to keep it in the bottle...

ya, it slipped out my hand and broke on the tile floor...idiot

View attachment 903334
Don't beat yourself up. We all have accidents. I once slipped down some stairs while holding my middle son when he was a few months old. Fortunately he was on top of me so he was fine. My wife ran over to pick him up while screaming and left me in a bloody heap and ran off with him. Fortunately my parents sold that house.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad