OT: Thread About Nothing (part # who cares)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Went to a Brooklyn dive to watch USA Uruguay in copa america

Got a great idea of trying to drink through the entire list of IPAs on tap. 7 different ones

Got my 4th one at half time and man im getting wasted, this shits strong af
Reach for your goals... don't let anyone stop you! You are strong and you can do it!

Persistence and perseverance creates champions

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Thank you, in the spur of the moment i felt like a champion!

My reward was to wake up to non-stop jackhammering under my window, as the construction workers started a job on the pavement

oh i remember days like this!

i used to hang off of high rises on swing stages to do various repairs....cant make noise until 9am!

i had my chipping hammer bit literally against the wall watching the clock tick down...waiting and ready to go, knowing people will be pissed....

i fired it up right at the top of the dial, on the second like it was the BBC or CBC or whatever channel announcing the news

like a true sadist

...but hey. that was my job....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Capt Nico Poo

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
days out of town is the thing

cant keep chickens and not be there to open sunrise and close sunset

and i dont trust people to help

eventually.

it was 10 days from hatch to flight earlier in spring.

also. a bird took nest in a hanging house i built.

i am the birdman of alcatraz

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
days out of town is the thing

cant keep chickens and not be there to open sunrise and close sunset

and i dont trust people to help

eventually.

it was 10 days from hatch to flight earlier in spring.

also. a bird took nest in a hanging house i built.

i am the birdman of alcatraz
Amazing to think they are dinosaurs

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
My wife asked me last night what I thought about selling our house and spending a year traveling.

Interesting question. Logistically it sounds crazy...I think she just want to move and this is her way to get it going?

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
My wife asked me last night what I thought about selling our house and spending a year traveling.

Interesting question. Logistically it sounds crazy...I think she just want to move and this is her way to get it going?
She didn't say if you'd be traveling together did she?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One thing that has caused me to consider moving out of state is how out of control people are with fireworks here.

I'd prefer to hear molotov cocktails going off, as long as they're thrown directly at the people who keep shooting off fireworks all night. Now that would be f***ing awesome.

People running down the road, skin on fire.

• Love
Reactions: njdevils1982

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
f***ing fireworks man.

I gave my dog half a dose of her meds, just to be careful. Turns out i'm too late cause not 15 minutes later a super loud one goes off.
Sometimes they go off until 6:15 AM here.

Like I said, I have a sick mind to watch some of these people dodge molotov cocktails.

Reactions: njdevils1982

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
One thing that has caused me to consider moving out of state is how out of control people are with fireworks here.

I'd prefer to hear molotov cocktails going off, as long as they're thrown directly at the people who keep shooting off fireworks all night. Now that would be f***ing awesome.

People running down the road, skin on fire.

Thing is - fireworks are cool. They're awesome. But like, 5:30 today when the sun doesn't set for 3 hours? And that was it.... it was just one. Probably testing it out for tomorrow.

My neighbor every year blows off big stuff. But he tells me when it will happen - and then i can properly prepare.

Anyway dog is fine. Combination of the drug / some training we did. Gonna be druged up for 4 days.

Sometimes they go off until 6:15 AM here.

Like I said, I have a sick mind to watch some of these people dodge molotov cocktails.

oh that's just mean

Edit: not you - them

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Maybe I don’t know enough about fireworks, but why is it that people go like 5-10 minutes in between blasts? They make you think they might be done for the night and give you hope, then 5-10 minutes later they blow another few off and repeat.

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
Maybe I don’t know enough about fireworks, but why is it that people go like 5-10 minutes in between blasts? They make you think they might be done for the night and give you hope, then 5-10 minutes later they blow another few off and repeat.

you have to make sure the one is done. Then you have to setup the next one. Add booze which multiplies the process time by 3

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
So, what if every time you went to sleep and you woke up you passed into a nearby and very similar universe - but not quite the same. Depending on your choices and how you live your life, it's how you wake up and what new one you pop into on the other side - and everyone is just a little bit different. The whole world changes just a little bit every time you make a decision one way or the other.

Just because the world is static when you are awake - you have no idea what is happening when you're asleep. And when you wake up again, you have this foggy recollection of the past, and that's what we're going by.

We dream. Weird shit happens when you're dreaming. What's that about? We don't even know. We have no idea what that is. This soup of possibilities that's swirling through in between your ears while you're snoring up a storm.

And then boom - you wake up. Like, are you sure those memories are real? Are you sure this isn't a whole completely new universe that you're living in today.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
So, what if every time you went to sleep and you woke up you passed into a nearby and very similar universe - but not quite the same. Depending on your choices and how you live your life, it's how you wake up and what new one you pop into on the other side - and everyone is just a little bit different. The whole world changes just a little bit every time you make a decision one way or the other.

Just because the world is static when you are awake - you have no idea what is happening when you're asleep. And when you wake up again, you have this foggy recollection of the past, and that's what we're going by.

We dream. Weird shit happens when you're dreaming. What's that about? We don't even know. We have no idea what that is. This soup of possibilities that's swirling through in between your ears while you're snoring up a storm.

And then boom - you wake up. Like, are you sure those memories are real? Are you sure this isn't a whole completely new universe that you're living in today.

dont you go all twilight zone on me man...im high enough already now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad