OT - NO POLITICS Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
How nice were you to the place you bought it from?

@Bruinaura just sounds like they're doing you wrong.
I bought it from Enterprise. It has the extended warranty which means I can take it pretty much anywhere I want. It's just finding a place that will do it without it being a big ordeal that's a problem.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I bought it from Enterprise. It has the extended warranty which means I can take it pretty much anywhere I want. It's just finding a place that will do it without it being a big ordeal that's a problem.
Have you tried calling the Enterprise you bought it from and tell them your issue and maybe see if THEY can lend you a car for a day while the dealership fixes your vehicle?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Good luck finding anyone other than a dealership to fix a sunroof around here. Tried local mechanics, body shop....nope. The lady at the body shop that fixed my car a few months ago told me sunroof is the worst thing to fix and nobody wants to do it.

It won't shut all the way. When you push the button to close, it drops into place but then pops back up. I was able to get it far enough down to where it doesn't leak, at least not into the interior, but it's clearly not sitting right. There's nothing in the track preventing it from doing so that I can see.

The dealership wants me to drop it off and they'll "probably need it for more than a day" but they don't provide a loaner car.

Uggghhhhhh

Have you tried a glass shop? Many years ago I had a car & decided I wanted a sun roof. Contacted a local glass shop and they did the work. Dealing with a dealer can suck & cost more than it should

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Nice parking

Attachments

• IMG_3128.jpeg
    IMG_3128.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Wow
Reactions: BMC and caz16

Five Hole

The puck stops here.
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2004
Southern New England
I thought so. He said because it keeps it warmer, they are more likely to build three.

They showed me the only place a mouse could get in and put some steel wool there. I am also spraying around the cement pad that the condenser sits on.
Whenever I am trying to dissuade mice and other rodents with steel wool, I always stuff a moth ball in the middle of the steel wool, works like a charm.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Hard life decisions made at 2sm.....

Which earrings to wear to Judas Priest at Niagara Falls in September.....

Answer.... Swarovski crystal star studs...like the hair ornaments worn by Christine in the 'Think Of Me' scene of the Phantom of the Opera.movie....

.....kthxbye.....

When in doubt, always go for musical theatre vibes!

Reactions: eightspokedb

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Hard life decisions made at 2sm.....

Which earrings to wear to Judas Priest at Niagara Falls in September.....

Answer.... Swarovski crystal star studs...like the hair ornaments worn by Christine in the 'Think Of Me' scene of the Phantom of the Opera.movie....

.....kthxbye.....
I love stars, they sound beautiful!

Reactions: eightspokedb

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Happy Friday! Some questions this week:

1) Have you ever had to testify in court or represented yourself in court? Also, any stories about jury duty are welcome, though some were discussed already.

2) Do you have a lucky charm, lucky shirt, etc., to do with the Bruins or otherwise?

3) What is the worst weather event you have gone through?

4) Do you enjoy shopping of any kind - clothing, grocery, other? Do you order most things on-line now or curbside pick-up?

5) Have you ever had a scary encounter with an animal, whether wildlife or domesticated animal?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
1) Have you ever had to testify in court or represented yourself in court? Also, any stories about jury duty are welcome, though some were discussed already.

Already discussed my jury duty saga. I did testify in National Labor Relations Board hearings years ago.

2) Do you have a lucky charm, lucky shirt, etc., to do with the Bruins or otherwise?

Not really.

Blizzard of ‘78. It was brutal.

4) Do you enjoy shopping of any kind - clothing, grocery, other? Do you order most things on-line now or curbside pick-up?

Hate brick and mortar shopping. Do almost everything on line. I do miss not having ‘littles’ though. I used to love going Christmas shopping for them.

5) Have you ever had a scary encounter with an animal, whether wildlife or domesticated animal?

A bear. Was vacationing in a condo in White Mountains. Went to throw trash in dumpster across the parking lot. I threw the bag in and a huge black bear started climbing out.
Scared the shit outta me. Those suckers are huge up close. I ran back to the condo. Luckily he just watched me. Coulda been like this:

Last edited:
Reactions: caz16

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

1. No. Been called for jury duty twice but both times it got cancelled.

2. No.

3. A couple of hurricanes & a tornado.

4. I love book shopping. I could stay in a book store all day.

5. Hungry cats at 3AM is the closest I've ever come.

Reactions: caz16 and Ladyfan

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

Yes. Testified in a robbery case, and an assault case. Both times I was the victim. Not fun. But both cases ended up with convictions.

Had a lucky t-shirt I wore under my hockey uniform. Ironically, it had the number 13 on the back. I saw it as tempting superstition.

Tornado. Blizzard of '78.

No (unless it's for a guitar). Spent two days vehicle shopping last week, it was sheer torture. I shop on-line, mostly.

Climbed a tree once and came face first with a big old bat. Still have nightmares to this day. When I was a tween, my friends and I caught a snapping turtle and took him home in a big Rubbermaid tote. My mother caught us hauling him down the driveway, and that's when it got scary.

Reactions: BMC and caz16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad