OT - NO POLITICS Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
Got thrown off a jury 6 years ago as a hostile juror according to defense lawyer.
I came in here to begin the write-in campaign for @Gee Wally for President, and saw this post. And it was more gold than I could ever have imagined.

3eda711f260febd3a823d2302d30cb25.jpg

Reactions: Ludwig Fell Down

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I came in here to begin the write-in campaign for @Gee Wally for President, and saw this post. And it was more gold than I could ever have imagined.

3eda711f260febd3a823d2302d30cb25.jpg

Its all true man. Case was a guy accused of beating up and raping a 15 year old girl. The prosecutor had police, family members that caught him and staff of the local hospital.

I was juror #2.

I just stared there staring at him. Never once took my eyes off of him. After a few minutes the judge askedme to approach the bench. Me, the judge, defense and prosecutor.
Judge asked me if I had an issue serving. I said nope I cant wait. He asked why. I said I have a 15 year old daughter ( true) . Can you be impartial? Nope I want him hung. Too bad we dont have the death penalty.

Youre excused.please leave the court house.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Its all true man. Case was a guy accused of beating up and raping a 15 year old girl. The prosecutor had police, family members that caught him and staff of the local hospital.

I was juror #2.

I just stared there staring at him. Never once took my eyes off of him. After a few minutes the judge askedme to approach the bench. Me, the judge, defense and prosecutor.
Judge asked me if I had an issue serving. I said nope I cant wait. He asked why. I said I have a 15 year old daughter ( true) . Can you be impartial? Nope I want him hung. Too bad we dont have the death penalty.

Me too. I said anyone who abuses children, or the elderly should hang until they are dead. I wasn't trying to get out...I was being honest

Reactions: SoupNazi and caz16

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC

I was juror #2.

So did that guy get convicted?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

I was juror #2.

Was this before you heard the case?

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I served on a jury back in the mid 80's.

A great experience everyone should have.

Unless it's a Law & Order Russian Mob trial. Best to avoid that one.

Because of my line of work I'll never sit on a jury - ineligible. Which is a little bit of a shame as it does look interesting and I'd be fascinated to know how other people approach the task. But no big loss really.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Do colonoscopy prep instructions always like the ones you get for surgery? I have one August 15th (I’m fine, just precautionary) and they have a legit timeline I have to follow including a pre-op like consult a few days beforehand.
It’s a piece of cake the prep and procedure

I actually forgot about the timeline (I had last month) and saw the paper but it was Tuesday when I saw it and my procedure I think was Friday maybe even Thursday and I fit it all in

One advantage is I drink lemon lime Gatorade and like Italian ice - my procedure was at like 8 am so it was ridiculously easy

Getting a teeth cleaning at the dentist is worse

I should be the national spokesman I should probably be the national spokesman for a lot of things

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Good luck finding anyone other than a dealership to fix a sunroof around here. Tried local mechanics, body shop....nope. The lady at the body shop that fixed my car a few months ago told me sunroof is the worst thing to fix and nobody wants to do it.

It won't shut all the way. When you push the button to close, it drops into place but then pops back up. I was able to get it far enough down to where it doesn't leak, at least not into the interior, but it's clearly not sitting right. There's nothing in the track preventing it from doing so that I can see.

The dealership wants me to drop it off and they'll "probably need it for more than a day" but they don't provide a loaner car.

Uggghhhhhh

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Good luck finding anyone other than a dealership to fix a sunroof around here. Tried local mechanics, body shop....nope. The lady at the body shop that fixed my car a few months ago told me sunroof is the worst thing to fix and nobody wants to do it.

It won't shut all the way. When you push the button to close, it drops into place but then pops back up. I was able to get it far enough down to where it doesn't leak, at least not into the interior, but it's clearly not sitting right. There's nothing in the track preventing it from doing so that I can see.

The dealership wants me to drop it off and they'll "probably need it for more than a day" but they don't provide a loaner car.

Uggghhhhhh
Didn't you just buy that vehicle? A Chevy or Buick suv or something?

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
New air conditioner installed yesterday. I bought some spray that mice don't like that won't hurt them or other animals that I am spraying around the outside condenser. Minty.
Get a cover for it for the fall and winter months. That is when the critters try to setup camp in those things.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad