• Wow
Reactions: caz16

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
What kind? Inquiring minds want to know!
Autumn mix plus two Russell Stover chocolate covered marshmallow pumpkins...

All this heat talk reminds me of my dad - turning 80 this year and health in a pretty bad spot at the moment - has been having falls, had one at his girlfriend’s house (gangster) which broke his pelvis. A broken pelvis would be hard on anyone let alone a near 80 year old. Add to that the cause of the fall in the first place, and now some kind of horrible infection that’s resulted in a bladder full of clots - he’s in rough shape and only recently home from an extended hospital stay - and he refuses to use an air conditioner, his apartment is absurdly hot.

He’s a stubborn old codger, not to mention tough (former motorcycle club president in the 70’s) - and I can’t convince him to allow himself what little comfort he can get right now.
Healing Blessings to your dad...

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
All this heat talk reminds me of my dad - turning 80 this year and health in a pretty bad spot at the moment - has been having falls, had one at his girlfriend’s house (gangster) which broke his pelvis. A broken pelvis would be hard on anyone let alone a near 80 year old. Add to that the cause of the fall in the first place, and now some kind of horrible infection that’s resulted in a bladder full of clots - he’s in rough shape and only recently home from an extended hospital stay - and he refuses to use an air conditioner, his apartment is absurdly hot.

He’s a stubborn old codger, not to mention tough (former motorcycle club president in the 70’s) - and I can’t convince him to allow himself what little comfort he can get right now.
Best of luck with your dad, Dan.

Reactions: NeelyDan

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
My response to literally everything that has happened today so far. What a Monday. I want to go back to bed.

View attachment 899236
My day so far:

Left the house at 4:15 am to take my youngest to the airport for her 6 am flight to DC. Plane had a mechanical issue. She didn't take off until 10:00 am.

Went to Brocton District Court at 8 am for jury duty. Officer at the door said never mind, no jurors today (on Friday they told everyone to report)

The relative good news was there was little traffic,, I was in my office before 9:00. Hopefully I got all the glitches out early today. And I'm off the hook for jury duty for another 3 years.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
My day so far:

Left the house at 4:15 am to take my youngest to the airport for her 6 am flight to DC. Plane had a mechanical issue. She didn't take off until 10:00 am.

Went to Brocton District Court at 8 am for jury duty. Officer at the door said never mind, no jurors today (on Friday they told everyone to report)

The relative good news was there was little traffic,, I was in my office before 9:00. Hopefully I got all the glitches out early today. And I'm off the hook for jury duty for another 3 years.

I served on a jury back in the mid 80's.

A great experience everyone should have.

Unless it's a Law & Order Russian Mob trial. Best to avoid that one.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Got called for jury duty years ago.
After all the preliminaries, they ask is there any reason why you should be dismissed....
A woman stands up immediately and says....
I have had diarrhea for a week and can't possibly sit here any longer.
No objections.... dismissed....who knows if it was true, but she was the first one to get sent away

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Got called for jury duty years ago.
After all the preliminaries, they ask is there any reason why you should be dismissed....
A woman stands up immediately and says....
I have had diarrhea for a week and can't possibly sit here any longer.
No objections.... dismissed....who knows if it was true, but she was the first one to get sent away
I respect it. 😂

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Got thrown off a jury 6 years ago as a hostile juror according to defense lawyer.
Years ago, I was called for jury duty. I was living in MA. I was in the waiting room saying 'hang them high". I was dismissed. I wouldn't mind being on an interesting case.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Years ago, I was called for jury duty. I was living in MA. I was in the waiting room saying 'hang them high". I was dismissed. I wouldn't mind being on an interesting case.
Also well just look at him (her) .....he looks guilty works well too

Along with....well if they weren't guilty, they wouldn't have charged............

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
You guys read my mind - one of my questions for Friday was going to be jury duty! Thanks a bunch!

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy