OT - NO POLITICS Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
It is awful, it feels like a sauna and there is no break at night either. I loathe this weather.
Me too. My new air conditioner is being installed Tuesday. Of course, the weather is supposed to change the 70s. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to hockey.

First, my schooner trip. A few years ago, the captain let my kid climb the 100ft mast (she is a sailor/ was bare footed). The captain designed and built the schooner. He sold it a couple of years ago to two guys who have been working on the schooner for years.

@Fenway went on this schooner years ago (not when we were there)

1722719033425.png

1722719132654.png

1722719166980.png

1722719096347.png

1722719190743.png

Last edited:

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Me too. My new air conditioner is being installed Tuesday. Of course, the weather is supposed to change the 70s. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to hockey.

First, my schooner trip. A few years ago, the captain let my kid climb the 100ft mast (she is a sailor/ was bare footed). The captain designed and built the schooner. He sold it a couple of years ago to two guys who have been working on the schooner for years.

View attachment 899005

View attachment 899007

View attachment 899008
View attachment 899006

View attachment 899009
The sweating of your ass off for all these weeks to an AC installation in the mid 70’s week is pure irony.

Glad you will finally be able to cool off in your own home.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Damn its like 9PM on a Saturday and im in my feelings listening to sappy music

Back when we were still changin' for the better
Wanting was enough
For me, it was enough
To live for the hope of it all
Cancel plans just in case you'd call
And say, "Meet me behind the mall"
So much for summer love and saying "us"
'Cause you weren't mine to lose
You weren't mine to lose, no

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Dogs are great :)
They sure are.

We had a black lab when I was in middle and high school.

Fonzie was my dog. He was quite the character and I loved him very much. I still do.

I wish I could have a dog now, but that's not possible in my present digs.

Even if it were, I work all day and that would not be fair to the dog.

Of lesser import, I am old, tired and lazy.

I am not getting up at 6:00 a.m. to take the dog out to do his business.

A million in the bank might tip the scale.

Last edited:
Reactions: caz16 and Ladyfan

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
All this heat talk reminds me of my dad - turning 80 this year and health in a pretty bad spot at the moment - has been having falls, had one at his girlfriend’s house (gangster) which broke his pelvis. A broken pelvis would be hard on anyone let alone a near 80 year old. Add to that the cause of the fall in the first place, and now some kind of horrible infection that’s resulted in a bladder full of clots - he’s in rough shape and only recently home from an extended hospital stay - and he refuses to use an air conditioner, his apartment is absurdly hot.

He’s a stubborn old codger, not to mention tough (former motorcycle club president in the 70’s) - and I can’t convince him to allow himself what little comfort he can get right now.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
All this heat talk reminds me of my dad - turning 80 this year and health in a pretty bad spot at the moment - has been having falls, had one at his girlfriend’s house (gangster) which broke his pelvis. A broken pelvis would be hard on anyone let alone a near 80 year old. Add to that the cause of the fall in the first place, and now some kind of horrible infection that’s resulted in a bladder full of clots - he’s in rough shape and only recently home from an extended hospital stay - and he refuses to use an air conditioner, his apartment is absurdly hot.

He’s a stubborn old codger, not to mention tough (former motorcycle club president in the 70’s) - and I can’t convince him to allow himself what little comfort he can get right now.

Wish him well. Getting old aint no bowl of cherries.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

Your poor Dad, that sounds brutal. I wish him all the best and hope he uses the AC - this heat and humidity isn't easy on older people. He will be stressing his system when he needs all his energy to heal, not trying to cool himself. I know all about stubborn though....sigh.

Reactions: BMC and NeelyDan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

I hope he gets better soon and hopefully he will give in to let you cool it down a little. Hugs

Reactions: NeelyDan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

I hope he heals fast.

Reactions: NeelyDan

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Red Rocks is the most incredible venue I’ve ever seen. Truly breathtaking. To hear one of my favorite bands play one of my favorite albums backed by a symphony in such a beautiful setting was…something that’s hard to put into words.

Denver feels like any other big city, we had a good time but there wasn’t anything really special (we did have some incredible meals, though). @08SeaBass08 unfortunately we didn’t get to Boulder but did check out Golden one day which was super cute and felt more “Colorado-y”. We want to go back and explore other areas of the state.

Generally speaking, if you get a chance to see a show at Red Rocks, go.

IMG_9388.jpeg

IMG_9388.jpeg

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Red Rocks is the most incredible venue I’ve ever seen. Truly breathtaking. To hear one of my favorite bands play one of my favorite albums backed by a symphony in such a beautiful setting was…something that’s hard to put into words.

Denver feels like any other big city, we had a good time but there wasn’t anything really special (we did have some incredible meals, though). @08SeaBass08 unfortunately we didn’t get to Boulder but did check out Golden one day which was super cute and felt more “Colorado-y”. We want to go back and explore other areas of the state.

Generally speaking, if you get a chance to see a show at Red Rocks, go.

View attachment 899174

View attachment 899174
Stevie Niicks owned it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes