Status
Not open for further replies.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
LOL.

I took this picture on I-65, going through Nashville as well…..I normally don’t touch my phone while I’m driving, but nobody would have believed me if I didn’t get a picture…
Wow! People are nuts and I have seen my share, I wish I had pics:

1) A guy in a pick-up towing two hospital beds with a long roll of carpet on them - it was on the street where I used to work and the beds were snaking all over the place at the lowest speed. I wondered if there was a body rolled up in it....lol

2) A hot tub, not tied down properly, came off a trailer and smashed to smithereens - that one was funny since no one was hurt. It reminded of the scene in The Money Pit with the toilet crashing through the ceiling and smashing.

3. On a highway, a guy had a wooden dining room set on a trailer and one of the chairs flew off and smashed to pieces - we tried waving him down and he just was like "yeah, yeah", and just kept driving. Others tried and he wouldn't stop.

Luckily in all cases, no one got hurt.

Reactions: GordonHowe and BMC

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I saw this in a FB group I belong to:

1722599242848.jpeg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
More traffic adventures...

On the way to work, I was in the left lane doing about 5 mph over the limit. A guy came flying up next to me in the right lane.... just as we came up on a motorcycle cop waiting patiently under an overpass. Guy next to me slams on his brakes, the cop just points at him and he pulled right over. I don't think I've ever seen it happen right next to me like that before, it was like slow motion lol. I'm definitely going to have to check out my dash cam footage this weekend :laugh:

• Wow
Reactions: BMC and TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

On the way to work, I was in the left lane doing about 5 mph over the limit. A guy came flying up next to me in the right lane.... just as we came up on a motorcycle cop waiting patiently under an overpass. Guy next to me slams on his brakes, the cop just points at him and he pulled right over. I don't think I've ever seen it happen right next to me like that before, it was like slow motion lol. I'm definitely going to have to check out my dash cam footage this weekend :laugh:
Love seeing that stuff play out right before me. Years ago I was in the usual morning jam in Randolph on 24N, and an Escalade decided he didn't want to play the games any more. He scooted over to the far right into the breakdown lane and blasted by everyone. This was NOT one of the roads in that area where breakdown lane use is permitted for travel. Just as I thought to myself, "man I wish there was a cop here." an undercover rips into the breakdown lane and hits the lights. It was beautiful.

I was also passed by an old beat up red Honda in Providence on 95N once. Well over 100. It was insanity. 3 police officers crested the hill behind me immediately afterwards, and the high speed chase was on! A bit further up the road I exit to 495 and see a huge crowd of police officers in the grass, surrounding the same red Honda. Grass all torn up. I assume they pit maneuvered his ass.

FAFO

• Love
Reactions: GordonHowe and BMC

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Some Friday questions:

1) We all remember things from many years ago, like the combination to our lockers in school. What was drilled into your mind from when you were very young - a song, a poem, playing a certain song on a recorder, your first phone number, etc.

2) Have you ever participated in karaoke - how did it go, did you need Dutch courage?

3) What is the most you have won in a lottery or on slots?

4) Since the Olympics are on, have you ever been to a live event - what was it?

5) Do you run in marathons or participate in other types of walks, biking, etc., for charity or not.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
1) We all remember things from many years ago, like the combination to our lockers in school. What was drilled into your mind from when you were very young - a song, a poem, playing a certain song on a recorder, your first phone number, etc.

First phone number Mission 8- 1199, you read that right.

2) Have you ever participated in karaoke - how did it go, did you need Dutch courage?
Nope, cant carry a tune in a dump truck.

About $800 on the slots.

Nope

5) Do you run in marathons or participate in other types of walks, biking, etc., for charity or not.

No. If you ever see me running you better run like hell because something really really bad is behind me.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Some Friday questions:

Still know every lyric to the Rubber Ducky song from Sesame Street. I was a first generation Sesame Street kid (born 1965) and got the album for Christmas. Still remember the "Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow" soliloquy from Macbeth. Still remember my childhood phone number. Used to know the Gettysburg Address by heart, but I forgot a few lines over the years. I blame Google and smartphones.

A few times. I can sing a little bit, so it was not bad. No booze needed, but I was in a bar so I was consuming anyway.

Can't play lottery, but I don't gamble anyway.

No. But I skated on the 1980 Arena (now called the Herb Brooks Arena) in Lake Placid one year to the day after the Miracle. Also been to a slew of Olympic venues in Lake Placid, Montreal, and Atlanta.

No. Have done walks for charity in the past.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Some Friday questions:

1. The phone # I had when I was a child started out as a party line with several neighbors. My Mom had it for 60 years and everyone in the family knew it by heart. When she left this earth and we had to sell her home (that we had all grown up in and Dad had built) I took it as my cell phone #. I had to memorize something from Shakespeare as a kid and still know it....
"There would have been a time for such a word.
Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."

2. No but I sing in my car all of the time

3. $400 on a scratch ticket

4. In 1976 we were camping all over Quebec. We stayed outside of Montreal for a few days and got into some of the Women's preliminary gymnastics.

4. Nope. I can hardly walk some days.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Some Friday questions:

1. Oh god, this would be a therapist's dream response potentially - but I'll stick with knowing the phone numbers of all my friends from elementary school

2. Me and my cousin once did Young MC's "Bust a Move" in tandem - it was as bad as you think, but we did secure a threesome out of it, so...

3. I won 2500 in a poker game in Niagara Falls once

4. ....like an Olympic live event? no. Can't imagine many events I'd like to see less than that, to be honest.

5. The only marathon I run is called corporate life - and i've got about 12 years left of that one

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Some Friday questions:

Everything. I get ribbed constantly about this and told I have a certain condition. I can't have a conversation without blurting out a quote/song lyric/pop culture reference of some sort. It's a constant struggle to keep it inside. But yes, first house number 298-9008, hot cross buns on the recorder BAG BAG GGGG AAAA BAG

Thrice. It's not my thing, and I don't drink so that's no help. First time in college during orientation my friends and I did You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling and I was pissed because nobody else knew the song and butchered the rhythm of the chorus. Second time in Mexico I did Brown Eyed Girl, that was fine I guess. Uneventful. Most recently about 7 years ago at a company dinner with my boss, we sang Every Rose has its Thorn. Again, sand bagged by my partner and left to carry the team.

I'll sing in the car, and blurt out songs at inopportune times, but I don't do karaoke

Maybe 100 bones on a scratch ticket. Not the gambling type. At all.

Negative. I have a feeling it's better on TV anyway.

I've done a couple walks, and did a marathon relay once which I believe was 4.4 miles for me. Hit the treadmill twice a week before. Stretched the day of, had a banana and some water. Basically raw dogged 4.4 miles and did it in 44 minutes flat. 10 minute mile pace for that long I thought was pretty respectable. Physical activity isn't my thing.

Reactions: BMC and caz16

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Some Friday questions:

1. I still know my phone number growing up, easy example. I probably remember a lot of other things, I just can't segregate in my head what's normal to remember from what one would think is obscure because it all seems normal to me.

2. No, never have never will.

3. Not a big gambler. When I went to Vegas the first slot machine I played won $10 on the first pull. And on scratch tickets with my grandma I probably won at least $20 a couple times.

4. No, but in 2028 I'll probably be close enough to Los Angeles to maybe try to go see something. Though I'm more excited about the 2026 World Cup than the Olympics and if I had to choose one it's the former.

5. No, not really into it. I did a 5K once when I had a group of acquaintances who were into that. Trained up and did pretty well actually, but it's not something I'm impelled to do again. If we have to give to charity, just give money straight to charity, I don't want to have to do some fun run as part of the deal.

There was something nice about going for runs as exercise when I lived in NH, the nature was comforting and I was in good shape then. But now I'm in this California hellscape where it's way too hot to be outside 3/4 of the year, and it's all urban sprawl so you're stopping at a stoplight every 350 feet and have to worry about getting jumped by a homeless or a gangbanger on some of these streets. There are some trails that are fine but you have to go out of your way to drive there, it's not like you can step out of your house and just go for a jog. So I just do my running on the treadmill at the gym now.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Some Friday questions:

1) I remember my phone numbers from all the places we lived when I was a kid and my locker combo. There was a poem we had to memorize as a child in England which started "A cuckoo's a fine bird, he sings as he flies...."

2) Never and I never will, no amount of alcohol would give me the courage. I am the worst singer you can imagine.

3) We won $2,038.00 on Lotto 649 - that was for 5 of the 6 numbers, the jackpot was about $10 million, just that one number off!

4) We lived close to Montreal in 1976 and my friend was a gymnast, so she got tickets and we saw Nadia Comaneci get a perfect 10 for the first time in Olympic history.

5) I was never someone who could run long distances. I have done walks and biking but only for charity, so finishing in as much time as you need, more my speed!

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston
Some Friday questions:

1) I went to a Catholic school for grades 1-6 and the principal was a nun who used to use this as a motivational tool: “good better best, never let it rest until your good is better and your better is best” Still remember that 40 years later.

2) There isn’t enough booze in the bar to get my social anxiety-ridden behind up on stage in front of people.

3) I think I won $300 on slots on my last Vegas trip. I’m not much of a gambler.

4) I have not.

5) I tried to get into running but it’s just not for me. I sound like an old Maytag washing machine clunking down the street. I do enjoy walking though, particularly at Castle Island.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY

That if touched drugs my ass would get whupped

No

Negligible

No

Only place I run is to the bathroom.........

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Dont think Coco cares much about the storm. Like its nice out so I was outside on my phone for an hour and a half we come back inside and I go to my room. She opens the door comes in and demands more pets.

Petting her does calm me tho. Shes helped alot with anxiety and stress
She looks very sweet

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

The exact moment of truth lol
Polish_20240802_171600570.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: sooshii

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY

First phone number Mission 8- 1199, you read that right.

Nope, cant carry a tune in a dump truck.

About $800 on the slots.

Nope

No. If you ever see me running you better run like hell because something really really bad is behind me.
Your phone number thing is weird....when we moved here our phone number was 758-1199......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium