OT - NO POLITICS Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Mixing up posts here, but as my manager at Argonaut Wine 🍷 & Liquor 🥃 in Denver said when facing a similar circumstance, "I just want to get it behind me."

Chris is a joker and a great manager.

I doubt you'll get down to Colfax Avenue but if you do, check it. It's the largest liquor emporium in Denver.

I have never once watched that show. If I worked in an office, I certainly wouldn't want to be reminded of doing so.

I am a Steve Carell fan, however.

Wonderful!!! Someone else who is not a fan of The Office. We are rare beings.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The last day of July, it has been way too hot and humid, even for most people who enjoy summer. It is already 21C (70F) at 5:00 am, feels like 29C (84F). We had torrential rain again last night, our grass is still very green and usually July has it like straw. It is like a sauna outside, yuck. 69 days until game one.

1722417134301.jpeg

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The last day of July, it has been way too hot and humid, even for most people who enjoy summer. It is already 21C (70F) at 5:00 am, feels like 29C (84F). We had torrential rain again last night, our grass is still very green and usually July has it like straw. It is like a sauna outside, yuck. 69 days until game one.

View attachment 898264.
I will take Winter any day.

Getting a new AC (ductless) to replace the one that was cooked. Hopefully within a week. Now I am officially broke.

We are going up to Maine a week from Sat. I hope for some good wind and sailing....and maybe a thunder storm :naughty:

1722426256792.png

1722426317148.png

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
We have had NBC 10 in the parking lot of our store since 430 doing reports about Boar’s Head and our delis company wide.

Reactions: BMC

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Oh hell yeah. My favorite! I could go on all day about this place.

It was MUCH better 25 years ago, as they’ve changed a couple of their best slides. It’s still tops for me. Crowds are typically pretty tame. It’s a very small layout so you won’t be walking all over the place, easy to find space to put your things, and the slides are the perfect thrill level for kids.

We did it last year, my kids were 8/8/11, and I probably could’ve just sat down in the lounger and let them run around all day on their own. It’s small enough that i wasn’t worried.

The biggest drawback is staffing. Last year at least. The two best sides on the far side (a toilet bowl and a two man quarter pipe, idk the names) often alternate open/close for a half hour or so. On the day we went there was no warning when they were shutting one down either. So we waited 5-10 minutes just for them to say too bad so sad we are opening the other slide now.

Food is overpriced and average. We bring a soft cooler with sandwiches and our own drinks. And a tote bag of towels and snacks.

If you go, buy in advance i think it saves a few bucks. There are a few shaded areas to the right of the park in front of the toilet bowl that look private, but we set up shop there every time.

Kids area is pretty good too, even our thriller seekers ran around over there for a bit to get soaked before jumping onto the sides.
Great to hear! I love the northern new england parks, so much more low-key

I grew up about 20 minutes from Riverside/Six Flags NE. This was the late 1990s/early 2000s so it had a major upgrade but still had some character (RIP Cyclone). We went pretty much weekly. Would hit one big ride when they first opened then stay the rest of the day in the water park.

I was looking at it now, what a sole-less corporate wasteland. Sad.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Great to hear! I love the northern new england parks, so much more low-key

I grew up about 20 minutes from Riverside/Six Flags NE. This was the late 1990s/early 2000s so it had a major upgrade but still had some character (RIP Cyclone). We went pretty much weekly. Would hit one big ride when they first opened then stay the rest of the day in the water park.

I was looking at it now, what a sole-less corporate wasteland. Sad.
I was just talking about riverside last night. No lie. Chelsea was laughing at me “you and your riverside park stories”

She only knows it as six flags!

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I have never waited tables, thank God, nor worked n the food service industry hospitality or, again restaurants.

However, I have extensive experience in retail.

It remains my contention that before entering the workplace, everyone should be required to work at least three months in retail, hospitality, food service, etc.

Perhaps then, they would understand what it's like to work in these jobs and demonstrate a bit more empathy, consideration, and appreciation for such folks.

No Karen, the world does not revolve around you.
I like how when someone has an issue with something, right or wrong, they are a Karen.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Dont have alot of money but donating $25 today. This whole thing pisses me off. A college sent him to Ukraine to cover the war and it looks like they arent doing shit to bring him home. Where is the VA? Hes a veteran. So frustrating. Happy that in 2 days it went from 5k to 12k

Attachments

• IMG_3070.jpeg
    IMG_3070.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 2

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
It's not having an issue that makes someone a Karen, its how they go about raising the issue with an employee
I've seen people complain about things that should be complained about and the employees still calling them a Karen after they left. Must be a generational thing. I know any type of negative criticism can send some into the fetal position in the corner.

• Haha
Reactions: NeelyDan

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

View attachment 898264
Yes , I often don’t sleep well in the heat . I’ve been cycling a lot here in Nova Scotia and enjoying it but I’ll gladly put away the bike for some cold winter weather. I’m lost without hockey to watch .

Reactions: caz16

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I was just talking about riverside last night. No lie. Chelsea was laughing at me “you and your riverside park stories”

She only knows it as six flags!

I live about a mile from Lake Compounce, which is basically across the street from ESPN in Bristol.

"Lake Compounce is an amusement park located in Bristol and Southington, Connecticut. Opened in 1846, it is the oldest continuously operating amusement park in the United States."

Two of my uncles worked there, both of my brothers worked there, both of my children worked there.

Riverside Park was a treat to go to simply because it was different. And the roller coaster wasn't as scary as the one at Compounce.

• Love
Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
School bus demolition derby!

Plus the first drop on the cyclone was killer, six flags tamed it, then knocked it down.

aaaghna
]

And the black widow loop out in front of it. Loud and proud. Six Flags is cool and all, but like we’ve all discussed here before it’s just not the same charm

Whalom Park anyone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad