OT - NO POLITICS Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
This cardinal has been so close to coming to my hand for seed. He gets closer each time but finally lands by my feet so I throw some seed down and he comes within a couple of feet. One day, it will happen. His mate is much shyer.

1722175085715.png

1722175120110.png

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Have heard spinkle cayenne pepper on the bird seeds......birds can't detect it but squirrels can

Ive loaded with both cayenne and hot pepper flakes. Raccoons ran away. Squirrels said ‘hold my beer’.

All the red you see in video above is pepper residue.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Ive loaded with both cayenne and hot pepper flakes. Raccoons ran away. Squirrels said ‘hold my beer’.

I always hear things that don't work....mothballs for mice- they made a nest in the box. Peppermint...they loved it. The other day I went to use my push mower.....the mice ate the gas tank....like WTF is that all about....spent 3 hours trying to find a new tank....finally and $68 later
KIMG0691.JPG

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

The one thing that seems to keep squirrels away is vapour rub - my daughter puts it on rocks around her garden and they seem to hate the smell. She buys the cheap stuff at the dollar store, not the Vick's. I don't know if that could work for you around the bottom of the feeder? If it rains a lot, it has to be reapplied.

Reactions: Gee Wally

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
The one thing that seems to keep squirrels away is vapour rub - my daughter puts it on rocks around her garden and they seem to hate the smell. She buys the cheap stuff at the dollar store, not the Vick's. I don't know if that could work for you around the bottom of the feeder? If it rains a lot, it has to be reapplied.
I know that didn't work on mice when i tries it

Reactions: Gee Wally and caz16

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I know that didn't work on mice when i tries it
Mice are so tough to get rid of. We had them in the car engine one summer - it is driven every day so it isn't like it was sitting there. We could smell a grassy type odor and finally took it in and they found a bunch of grass stuffed in it.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Mice are so tough to get rid of. We had them in the car engine one summer - it is driven every day so it isn't like it was sitting there. We could smell a grassy type odor and finally took it in and they found a bunch of grass stuffed in it.
Mice destroyed my air conditioner.

Reactions: caz16

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Tipping is out of control.....That said....sometimes, but only like 10 percent......As far as regular tipping (restaraunt) amount depends....did server come back to table? One of my pet peeves did I have to flag you down for a water refill.....if yes....no tip for you
Wait -- so if you don't get your water refilled without asking at a sit-down restaurant, you don't tip? At all? If that is the case, have you ever waited tables?

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
12 years ago today, my nephew, Jordan, went home to God. He fought CDH bravely for 25 days at Boston Children's Hospital.

If you're able to, or want to, say a prayer or send good vibes not just to him, but to all the children that have been lost to this horrible congenital abnormality, please do. And dont forget those who are still fighting to this day. There is no cure. There is only understanding and a hope we can one day prevent this from happening. And with more funding and research, we can find a way to help these babies survive more.

Congenital diaphragmatic hernia is a rare condition that happens in a baby before birth. It occurs early in pregnancy when a baby's diaphragm
(the muscle that separates the chest from the abdomen) fails to close as it should. This leaves a hole in the diaphragm.

Screenshot_20240728_151027_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240728_151501_Chrome.jpg

Hug your kids. Your infants. Your healthy toddlers, etc The more awareness that is spread, I hope we can truly get the answers we need to help these babies.

And I pray one day, no more families like mine go through this pain and grief that never ends.

❤️ much love to you all.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I’ve been reading about your professional misadventures for some time, now. You definitely need some direction and slogging from one shit job to the next doesn’t sound like the way you want to live your life.

I know almost nothing about you, but it sounds like you’re ready to learn a trade and actually find a career. Plumbing and welding (if you are competent) are fantastic careers.

I have been in the building trades as an electrician for 25 years. So, I’ve seen a few things. If you are serious about learning a trade and breaking this never ending cycle you’re in, send me a private message and I’ll do what I can to help you. There are some very good opportunities out there right now.

The only thing holding you back is you.

PS: I’ll try to direct you to apprenticeships that DON’T make you pay for school. The best jobs pay you to learn on the job. That’s how I did it. Four years of school = FREE.
Still looking at courses at this point most things are filled may just find a job and wait till spring semester

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Wait -- so if you don't get your water refilled without asking at a sit-down restaurant, you don't tip? At all? If that is the case, have you ever waited tables?
I should never have to flag down wait staff.....pay attention to your customer and do your job.

Water is basic....so is asking if I need anything....so is asking if my meal is ok.....there is more to service than bringing food to the table.

A tip is supposed to be earned for good service, not something you are entitled to.

Have I been waiting staff? No but I have been a customer for 60 years and I know what good service is

I am also self employed and know if I provide crappy service my customers won't be happy

So yeah, do your job, do it well, you get a good tip.....forget I am your customer....I forget to tip you...earn it

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I should never have to flag down wait staff.....pay attention to your customer and do your job.

Water is basic....so is asking if I need anything....so is asking if my meal is ok.....there is more to service than bringing food to the table.

A tip is supposed to be earned for good service, not something you are entitled to.

Have I been waiting staff? No but I have been a customer for 60 years and I know what good service is

I am also self employed and know if I provide crappy service my customers won't be happy

So yeah, do your job, do it well, you get a good tip.....forget I am your customer....I forget to tip you...earn it

f***ING YIKES.

You know you don't have to put this shit online for strangers to see, right? You can just keep your awfulness quiet. Like your service in restaurants apparently, it's free not to say anything.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
This cardinal has been so close to coming to my hand for seed. He gets closer each time but finally lands by my feet so I throw some seed down and he comes within a couple of feet. One day, it will happen. His mate is much shyer.

View attachment 897513
View attachment 897514
Not a bird person but Cardinals are cool.

You make me wish I was gay and the bottom in our relationship
This is a beautiful sentiment.

Thank you for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad