Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
D_9keL2XkAADD7Z

Reactions: irunthepeg

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Hope this isn't the end of the line for Chris Hemsworth... Though I fear it may.

His character is my favorite in the MCU right now.

Doubt it. His last deal was meant to end with Endgame, so I doubt he got a new contract for just one movie. This could allow for Jane Foster to maybe help earth more, while Chris Hemsworth’s Thor does more cosmic things.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Hope this isn't the end of the line for Chris Hemsworth... Though I fear it may.

His character is my favorite in the MCU right now.

Hemsworth has basically said that he wants to continue playing Thor for as long as they'll have him back.

I'm gonna end up seeing this movie, but from my perspective it's not off to a great start. I was cool with Natalie Portman disappearing because her character always just felt awkward and bland and ill-fitting and I'm one of the few that wasn't super-enthused with Ragnarok. Introducing the Jane Foster Lady Thor also feels like they're jumping the gun just to piggyback on Captain Marvel and the love for all the ladies of Marvel that were assembled during Endgame. Having a second version of Thor running around while Hemsworth Thor is still out there seems like it would be confusing. I'm fine with them doing that angle, but save it for when Hemsworth is done, not immediately just because they can.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I’m generally very critical of these Marvel movies, but Thor Ragnarok was genuinely unique and interesting and hilarious.

I have faith in Taika until proven otherwise. Though female Thor is definitely concerning if it’s another ham fisted SJW appeaser.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Whoa, Disney must of backed a dump truck full of money to Chris in order for him to take up Thor again. Got the impression he was done with the character after End game.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Hemsworth has basically said that he wants to continue playing Thor for as long as they'll have him back.

I'm gonna end up seeing this movie, but from my perspective it's not off to a great start. I was cool with Natalie Portman disappearing because her character always just felt awkward and bland and ill-fitting and I'm one of the few that wasn't super-enthused with Ragnarok. Introducing the Jane Foster Lady Thor also feels like they're jumping the gun just to piggyback on Captain Marvel and the love for all the ladies of Marvel that were assembled during Endgame. Having a second version of Thor running around while Hemsworth Thor is still out there seems like it would be confusing. I'm fine with them doing that angle, but save it for when Hemsworth is done, not immediately just because they can.
If it's kind of like Pepper donning the Iron Man suit, then it's fine. The story behind her becoming worthy of the hammer is intriguing. Adding a character to the stable along with Korg etc. isn't a big deal. Allows for good banter between them.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

I'm sure it's been done before - thousands of superhero stories have been written by desperate writers looking for a fresh, new twist.

The question should be - was it any good?

I don't want Natalie Portman to be the next Thor, and I don't think anyone else, possibly herself included, wants that either.

Tessa Thompson as Thor would be a lot more sensible, but she's already great in her role.

Reactions: MC2D

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'm sure it's been done before - thousands of superhero stories have been written by desperate writers looking for a fresh, new twist.

I don't want Natalie Portman to be the next Thor, and I don't think anyone else, possibly herself included, wants that either.

Tessa Thompson as Thor would be a lot more sensible, but she's already great in her role.

Have you tried googling "The Mighty Thor reception"?

Just like the comic, female Thor was a temporary storyline. AND ARE YOU SERIOUSLY FORGETTING THAT THOR STILL HAS STORMBREAKER???!!!!!

giphy.gif

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com

Portman finally gets a big budget action franchise where she gets to have action and not be a damsel in damsel in distress? Sign me up.

Reactions: SeidoN

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Hopefully they can reign Natalie in so we don't have to deal with more insufferable BS like we are with Brie Larsson. I'd rather have Tessa take over Thor if they're going with lady Thor.

Also, not sure I'd give Taika too much credit. They basically just took the Guardians style and applied it to Thor: Ragnarok. Still hope they throw him into Guardians. He fits really well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad