Player Discussion Thomas Chabot (D) Part 2

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I don't mean to minimize the nasty but she'll most likely be just fine: she's young, she's pretty and she's now rich. I have faith that insecure Habs fans won't bring her down; if they do, the solution is cut out the noise, not go after Shawn Simpson.

Simmer made a joke and some Montreal fans lost their mind (CALL 911 ON CHARA!). This is all very normal and I'd hope that, by now, most people are able to ignore social media.

Social media is a net negative. There's lots of good information, but it is overwhelmed by all the extremely negative psychological side effects (I blame smartphones myself).

The way forward is not to sue someone for making a joke on Twitter.
I get you. It just seems odd that Chychrun and Korpisalo said there where alot of distraction around the team that's why they sucked..and people agreed...they're people first, remember that..blah, blah. But a players wife has to suck it up because it comes with the territory. Chychrun and Korps are young and rich and they couldn't suck it up.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I get you. It just seems odd that Chychrun and Korpisalo said there where alot of distraction around the team that's why they sucked..and people agreed...they're people first, remember that..blah, blah. But a players wife has to suck it up because it comes with the territory. Chychrun and Korps are young and rich and they couldn't suck it up.
They didn't know what exactly went wrong, so they reached for the easy explanation of "things were chaotic"; it was true after all, there was a lot of noise so maybe that is why things didn't work out/the team didn't come together like everyone had hoped.

I don't buy it, but I also respect the fact that these players, young men, don't have the answers the media asks them to have so they say stuff like that.

As far as Chabot's wife is concerned, well, the only way to properly rationalize it, is that it isn't about her, it is about her husband. It doesn't help much, but that is the truth, don't personally take things Internet losers who are reacting to something your husband.

Definitely easier said than done, but I'm also not particularly worried: I'm sure she can handle it.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
They didn't know what exactly went wrong, so they reached for the easy explanation of "things were chaotic"; it was true after all, there was a lot of noise so maybe that is why things didn't work out/the team didn't come together like everyone had hoped.

I don't buy it, but I also respect the fact that these players, young men, don't have the answers the media asks them to have so they say stuff like that.

As far as Chabot's wife is concerned, well, the only way to properly rationalize it, is that it isn't about her, it is about her husband. It doesn't help much, but that is the truth, don't personally take things Internet losers who are reacting to something your husband.

Definitely easier said than done, but I'm also not particularly worried: I'm sure she can handle it.
Mrs. Chabot has more backbone than Chychrun and Korpisalo. Got it. Let's get back to Simmer needs to know when to shut it sometimes. It's Montreal. He knew damn well what would happen. It's an asshole move. Who cares if the Chabots can handle it. It's something that should never had to be handled in the first place. He thinks it's cute lying and than watching what happens.

Reactions: Xspyrit and BigRig4

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Mrs. Chabot has more backbone than Chychrun and Korpisalo. Got it. Let's get back to Simmer needs to know when to shut it sometimes. It's Montreal. He knew damn well what would happen. It's an asshole move. Who cares if the Chabots can handle it. It's something that should never had to be handled in the first place. He thinks it's cute lying and than watching what happens.
Calling it lying seems a bit over-the-top.

I still think you are putting way too much blame on someone who made a joke when the problem actually is the lunatics who can't take one.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021

I still think you are putting way too much blame on someone who made a joke when the problem actually is the lunatics who can't take one.
Read my post again, and when you respond, don't wait for me to answer just read my post again. Keep doing that until you get it.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Yeah but is he too dumb to understand what kind of world and age we live in? There's jokes you just can't make. Just an idiot trying to be funny, Facebook and other social networks are FILLED with that every day, a lot of no lives trying to have their "moment" of glory and a lot of times, it's really bad taste or even offensive. In the case here, it's putting someone "on the hot seat" for absolutely no reason.

Loach is 100% right

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Wth is wrong with MTL fans attacking a player and their fiancee for having their rebuilding team on their NTC...
I mean lets get serious Montreal fanbase is the most insane group of online fans there is. They have such a wild disconnect from reality is not healthy.

Reactions: Icelevel

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Its amazing how fast a trolling tweet can go to misinformation to online abuse, like a type of swatting from the angry hordes awaiting their next faux outrage crack fix that they can jump all over for a new endorphin rush.
If people cant tell that was a joke then I dunno what to tell you other than they are probably too stupid to care what their opinion is. Habs fans will never change gullible, and lacking in intelligence its quite the combination. Harassing someone online like that is just absolutely wild to me but not unexpected with such an unhinged group of people.

Reactions: Masked and Icelevel

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Yeah but is he too dumb to understand what kind of world and age we live in? There's jokes you just can't make. Just an idiot trying to be funny, Facebook and other social networks are FILLED with that every day, a lot of no lives trying to have their "moment" of glory and a lot of times, it's really bad taste or even offensive. In the case here, it's putting someone "under the hot seat" for absolutely no reason.

Loach is 100% right
The saying is generally ‘on’ the hot seat, not ‘under’ the hot seat, though being under a seat may suck as well ;)

Having said that, I agree, social media Trolls are absolute trash.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Read my post again, and when you respond, don't wait for me to answer just read my post again. Keep doing that until you get it.
I still don't get it and I don't think I'm alone.

Sarcasm doesn't translate well in text, which maybe is your point? If so, I'm not sure it works: I'm not angry or going to harass anyone over this, which is my point. If I was to get angry and call you names, I'd be in the wrong, not you.
Yeah but is he too dumb to understand what kind of world and age we live in? There's jokes you just can't make. Just an idiot trying to be funny, Facebook and other social networks are FILLED with that every day, a lot of no lives trying to have their "moment" of glory and a lot of times, it's really bad taste or even offensive. In the case here, it's putting someone "under the hot seat" for absolutely no reason.

Loach is 100% right
I believe the problem is morons reading something on social media and then feeling comfortable harassing a third party to the whole thing.

"Simpson made them do it" doesn't resonate with me whatsoever.

Would this not have happened had Simpson not said it? Yes, that is a fair and reasonable assumption. That doesn't make me believe he is responsible for other people's behaviour however; plenty of people did not harass his wife and, of that group, I assume many did not get that it was joke.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I still don't get it and I don't think I'm alone.

Sarcasm doesn't translate well in text, which maybe is your point? If so, I'm not sure it works: I'm not angry or going to harass anyone over this, which is my point. If I was to get angry and call you names, I'd be in the wrong, not you.

I believe the problem is morons reading something on social media and then feeling comfortable harassing a third party to the whole thing.

"Simpson made them do it" doesn't resonate with me whatsoever.

Would this not have happened had Simpson not said it? Yes, that is a fair and reasonable assumption. That doesn't make me believe he is responsible for other people's behaviour however; plenty of people did not harass his wife and, of that group, I assume many did not get that it was joke.

With how big social network is in 2024, and in Simpson's position, not knowing/understanding that these morons exist makes him a moron as well.

Simpson works in media, he's in a position where what he reports matters. Even if his joke was funny, it's just not delicate considering that it's very likely (IMO) that Chabot has Montreal on his NO list... simply for the reason that many players from QC before stated that they wouldn't want to play in Montreal.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
With how big social network is in 2024, and in Simpson's position, not knowing/understanding that these morons exist makes him a moron as well.

Simpson works in media, he's in a position where what he reports matters. Even if his joke was funny, it's just not delicate considering that it's very likely (IMO) that Chabot has Montreal on his NO list... simply for the reason that many players from QC before stated that they wouldn't want to play in Montreal.
Ya and now, Wally says he’s taking a break from the podcast for a bit.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Good for Chabot lol. f*** the Habs! They are the main enemy of this franchise even ahead of the Leafs at this point imo.

Last edited:

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Simmer always does that shit. Engagement baiting and then once it starts blowing up he says he was just joking around and it was obviously fake. For those of us who know who he is and know he doesn't have any sources, we rarely fall for the bait but people from other markets who don't know him just read his twitter bio and think the info he reports is legit. Dumbass
I think he has a really sarcastic sense of humor where often he is the only person who finds his jokes funny and they just go over everyone else's head. He can be a bit of a dolt.

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
Ya and now, Wally says he’s taking a break from the podcast for a bit.
I know he said there would be fewer podcasts from now till start of training camp, did you hear something different? There is a podcast scheduled for tomorrow with Michael Andlauer and I believe there will be one on August 15th to announce the winner of the round of golf with Wally and Yorkie. I guess I'll see tomorrow if Simmer is on the show however, it's also possible he's still on holidays.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I know he said there would be fewer podcasts from now till start of training camp, did you hear something different? There is a podcast scheduled for tomorrow with Michael Andlauer and I believe there will be one on August 15th to announce the winner of the round of golf with Wally and Yorkie. I guess I'll see tomorrow if Simmer is on the show however, it's also possible he's still on holidays.
Just what Wally said last podcast, Shawn Simpson, taking some time off from the show.
The first minute or 2 of the show.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think I missed an entire thing here. What happened with Simpson and chabot?
Simpson tweeted a fake NTC list before the deadline as a joke, Habs fans got fooled and started harrassing Chabot and his girl with DMs on her insta,

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

If I was Andlauer I would tell him to f*** off, stupidly created problems for one of my most valuable assets

Yeah probably shouldn’t joke with that fanbase.

they’re underdeveloped socially

From the very small experience I have (and I have been observing more lately), it goes much much farther than the Habs fanbase. Social networks seem to be pure poison

Just yesterday, I was reading comments by people fighting over donations. A lady who lost her daughter to cancer has been asking for money for all kind of reasons and some think she is abusing people. Now there's 2 clans forming and it's getting intense. All I see is hate and fighting over all kind of stuff

What is also important to understand is that people with busy lives don't invest a lot of time in this stuff (if any). If I didn't read any of the comments here, I would still think that Chabot not wanting to play for Montreal is a fact. I don't read anything Simpson writes. I barely know who he is.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Simpson tweeted a fake NTC list before the deadline as a joke, Habs fans got fooled and started harrassing Chabot and his girl with DMs on her insta,

How is anyone supposed to get that it was a joke anyway? I mean unless you're a Sens fan deeply familiar with his bad sense of humor, that tweet would have come across as legit for anyone else wouldn't it?

Not excusing how some idiotic Habs fans reacted, but people acting like the joke should have been obvious are wrong.

Reactions: Loach

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
How is anyone supposed to get that it was a joke anyway? I mean unless you're a Sens fan deeply familiar with his bad sense of humor, that tweet would have come across as legit for anyone else wouldn't it?

Not excusing how some idiotic Habs fans reacted, but people acting like the joke should have been obvious are wrong.
People get fooled by fake rumours all the time, nothing wrong with that, and while I don't condone putting out fake rumours, there really isn't any harm caused by them normally. but Habs fans aren't always normal...

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Yeah but…. Whether it’s a joke or not shouldn’t actually matter. That sort of information should not lead to the harassment of anyone online lol.

People get fooled by fake rumours all the time, nothing wrong with that, and while I don't condone putting out fake rumours, there really isn't any harm caused by them normally. but Habs fans aren't always normal...
Yeah. It’s a rumour about degenerate young adults that slap a puck around from October to April for a living and then get f***ed up all summer. Why would they get harassed by people online based on a rumour on which city they would or wouldn’t make a living? It’s dumb as f***.

Reactions: OD99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad