This years cup final is the best cup final since ___ (year) between _____ (Team A) and ______ (Team B).

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
This has been the worst final of all time because a team may literally win an asterisk cup that was earned through everything being rigged for them from the very start with a week long layoff to rest injured McDavid & Drai, then Drai not being suspended, all of the absolutely absurd calls. This is a mockery of the game and I am probably done watching the NHL if this sham ends the way the league wants it to. But if the Panthers win it would be the most triumphant defying the odds ever, with everything rigged against them still coming out on top. They would make Disney movies based on it.
Your passion and bias are on clear display here. Most observers on the sidelines - like myself - can see there won't be a Disney movie if they win game 7. They barely register as a sports franchise in Florida. There isn't a conspiracy either. This is simply your fan brain being irrational.

I myself will be ecstatic if the Oilers win even though they beat my team. It will be historic and cement McDavid as one of the greatest players of all time.

On a side note I also do not want to see the Panthers hoist the Cup in those disgraceful looking soccer jerseys. They looked like a hockey team in their original uniforms.

Reactions: Video Nasty

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
The games itself have been pretty lackluster TBH. Almost no lead changes and not a single OT game.
a team was being stomped into the dirt and has risen like the phoenix... would you be more entertained if the oilers won 3 straight in OT? the narrative would be that the oilers are winning by pure luck instead of having 2 teams that dominated their respective games. IMO that makes for a much better game 7.

Reactions: TimeZone

tabness

be a playa 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
In terms of grabbing my attention probably since the Lightning Avalanche 2022 series since I was both rooting against a threepeat for the Lightning (even a covid cup threepeat would suck for those guys to do and the Wings not to have done) as well as rooting against the Avs in general because I still hate them from the rivalry years.

The storyline with the comeback/choke in this series is absolutely amazing but the scheduling is awful and basically ruins the game by game interest by the time the next game shows, and the hockey itself gets softer every year it seems, and this is the most recent soft ass year (barely watched any regular season games this year even on the Wings the playoffs are basically what I watch now and they so soft now too)

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I feel like the conference finals have had the better playoff hockey.

But as for SCF's this one is middle of the pack for me.

As others have said the 2011 scf is probably one of the better ones.

the Wings/Pens finals were good as well.

But if I had to choose one then I would have to go with the last SCF the Oilers were in.

That Canes/Oilers final was fantastic.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I had to have a hard think here.

I'd go with 2011. That was epic.

This one, I'll tune in at some point in the last game...........but good lord can we not be doing the SCF in late June?

I tuned out quite a while ago.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
I honestly would prefer if the games were tighter, like others have said. I don't particularly care for blowouts or 3-0 leads that get "almost choked." If Monday goes one or two OT periods then I'll change my tune, that would be spectacular.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
STL vs BOS was the last one I thought was good and entertaining.

WAS vs VEG wasn't close particularly but it was really great getting to see Ovi when his cup.

Last ones before that were Boston and Vancouver and Pittsburgh and Detroit. But I haven't really felt like there was a great finals since Boston and Vancouver, at least those teams hated each other and there was bad blood and rivalry. Nothing else has really come close since IMO.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
a team was being stomped into the dirt and has risen like the phoenix... would you be more entertained if the oilers won 3 straight in OT? the narrative would be that the oilers are winning by pure luck instead of having 2 teams that dominated their respective games. IMO that makes for a much better game 7.
I really don’t care what the narrative is. Yes if they were one shot away from being eliminated 3 games in a row it’d make for a much more exciting finals.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
It's the best in a while and definitely the best of this decade.

The one last year was pure domination. Same with the 2021 series between TB and MTL, although I personally enjoyed that one because f*** MTL. :)

DAL/TB was kind of meh. TB/COL got good toward the end but didn't go seven games and one the score of one game was 7-0.

The 2019 SCF was enjoyable. I was so worried BOS was going to win, but STL came back from 3-2 down in the series and won Game Seven 4-1.

The finals in 2018, 2017, 2016 weren't very good in terms of competitiveness.

This is the best Stanley Cup Final since 2019 and the only ones I've seen that may be better are the ones from 1994, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2019.
,,,you had me at f*** Montreal.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Most entertaining part of that series was watching the morons burn their city to the ground afterwards.

It's incredibly overrated, Boston/St. Louis and especially Pittsburgh/Detroit were much better.
I was at the game with a corporate group. We slipped out quickly to a nearby nice restaurant who were smart enough to have a dozen bouncers standing in front of there building (brandishing bats/long flashlights or something??).

It was a great day. I got to see the Canucks lose a game 7 and their fans self immolate all from the comfort of excellent corporation hospitality!

I had to have a hard think here.

I'd go with 2011. That was epic.

This one, I'll tune in at some point in the last game...........but good lord can we not be doing the SCF in late June?

I tuned out quite a while ago.
Lame. Hockey is fun on outdoor patios!

snag

Feb 22, 2014
This has been the worst final of all time because a team may literally win an asterisk cup that was earned through everything being rigged for them from the very start with a week long layoff to rest injured McDavid & Drai, then Drai not being suspended, all of the absolutely absurd calls. This is a mockery of the game and I am probably done watching the NHL if this sham ends the way the league wants it to. But if the Panthers win it would be the most triumphant defying the odds ever, with everything rigged against them still coming out on top. They would make Disney movies based on it.

Worlds Smallest Violin GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Last edited:

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
These finals are one of the most consequential in league history. In terms of entertainment for me it's peak but I'm also bias. If you take out my Oilers bias I'd say my favorite before this would be 2009 Pens vs Red Wings.

Reactions: odin1981

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad