This years cup final is the best cup final since ___ (year) between _____ (Team A) and ______ (Team B).

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Hell of a turnaround since this thread:

View attachment 885638

My favourite was actually on the oiler board when there was a sizable thread earlier this season started by a guy who renounced his oiler fandom after watching them all his life.

Something tells me that guy, along with the others who were jumping on that emo train have gone back on their word.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
While I am 1000% impressed with the Oilers and are rooting for them to pull this off, I'd much rather prefer the alternating wins as opposed to the way this is going.

Both scenarios have their own sense of drama, this scenario has that enhanced win or die atmosphere about it.

80+ years since the last and only team to erase a 3-0 game deficit makes this potentially one of the greatest finals ever.

I hope it goes into Double OT with McDavid getting the winner late.

jigglysquishy

Jun 20, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan
I loved the 2011 Finals. The drama. Canadian team in the finals. The circumstances with my personal life.

But this tops it.

I loved 2001 too, but being honest. A reverse sweep is just too good.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Tie between 1987 Edmonton/Philadelphia, and 1994 NYR/Vancouver.
Eh....

It's been entertaining storyline wise. But in 87 and 94, most of the games were one goal decisions.

This series is going 7 but it kind of reminds me of 01 where teams exchanged meh to poor SCF performances.

2011 had too many Boston blowouts. 87 or 94 was probably the best imo.

This is the best choke job in the 20th century.
All moot if Florida wins game 7. Nobody will care Edmonton pushed it to 7.

The games itself have been pretty lackluster TBH. Almost no lead changes and not a single OT game.
This. Only lead change was in game 2.

Reactions: Neil Racki

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
This has been the worst final of all time because a team may literally win an asterisk cup that was earned through everything being rigged for them from the very start with a week long layoff to rest injured McDavid & Drai, then Drai not being suspended, all of the absolutely absurd calls. This is a mockery of the game and I am probably done watching the NHL if this sham ends the way the league wants it to. But if the Panthers win it would be the most triumphant defying the odds ever, with everything rigged against them still coming out on top. They would make Disney movies based on it.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
This has been the worst final of all time because a team may literally win an asterisk cup that was earned through everything being rigged for them from the very start with a week long layoff to rest injured McDavid & Drai, then Drai not being suspended, all of the absolutely absurd calls. This is a mockery of the game and I am probably done watching the NHL if this sham ends the way the league wants it to. But if the Panthers win it would be the most triumphant defying the odds ever, with everything rigged against them still coming out on top. They would make Disney movies based on it.

IMG_2106.gif

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
Please do stop watching the NHL and go back to your Alex Jones group...

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
It's the best in a while and definitely the best of this decade.

The one last year was pure domination. Same with the 2021 series between TB and MTL, although I personally enjoyed that one because f*** MTL. :)

DAL/TB was kind of meh. TB/COL got good toward the end but didn't go seven games and one the score of one game was 7-0.

The 2019 SCF was enjoyable. I was so worried BOS was going to win, but STL came back from 2-1 down in the series and won Game Seven 4-1.

The finals in 2018, 2017, 2016 weren't very good in terms of competitiveness.

This is the best Stanley Cup Final since 2019 and the only ones I've seen that may be better are the ones from 1994, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2019.

Last edited:

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
I think this could be the best ever, TBH. At least the best one most of us have seen live in our lifetime. And that's coming from a Habs fan. But it does all depend what happens Monday night.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
This is the best since 2019 and has the chance to be the second best since the 2005 lockout.

I’m not sure anything can top the 2011 SCF.

Nogatco Rd

Translator spent all my HF cash
Apr 3, 2021
My favourite was actually on the oiler board when there was a sizable thread earlier this season started by a guy who renounced his oiler fandom after watching them all his life.

Something tells me that guy, along with the others who were jumping on that emo train have gone back on their word.
I wanna say that guy quit for reasons related to ownership’s political stance around that time but you’re right, I have a feeling he’ll tune in for game 7.
the funny thing about hockey is you know there’s someone making the converse of this argument on the oilers board

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
This has legs to be the best finals of our generation. We are seeing the greatest player since 99 cement his legacy with an absolute master class performance. The United Nations should declare Monday an international holiday so the entire planet can bear witness to the final act of the most incredible sports story ever told. Starting the season 2-9-1 and then ending up in game 7 of the finals while breaking Gretzky records is something we might never see again. The cup is coming home.
Naw, they should declare Tuesday to be the holiday so we can stay up late and watch the game and not have to worry about work the next morning.

Reactions: Anemia and cptjeff

Knarf9o5o1o4o9

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
Of the Stanley Cup FInals Ive watched each game of

(2008 and 2009 I didnt watch because I am a bitter Flyers fan)

Great: 2011, 2013

Good: 2010, 2015,2016, 2019

Mid: 2012,2017, 2020, 2022

Bad: 2021

Would have been good or even great if the series wasnt so damn short: 2014, 2018, 2023

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad