This years cup final is the best cup final since ___ (year) between _____ (Team A) and ______ (Team B).

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
2023 between Vegas and Florida

images

doorbag

Jun 26, 2008
This has legs to be the best finals of our generation. We are seeing the greatest player since 99 cement his legacy with an absolute master class performance. The United Nations should declare Monday an international holiday so the entire planet can bear witness to the final act of the most incredible sports story ever told. Starting the season 2-9-1 and then ending up in game 7 of the finals while breaking Gretzky records is something we might never see again. The cup is coming home.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
This has legs to be the best finals of our generation. We are seeing the greatest player since 99 cement his legacy with an absolute master class performance. The United Nations should declare Monday an international holiday so the entire planet can bear witness to the final act of the most incredible sports story ever told. Starting the season 2-9-1 and then ending up in game 7 of the finals while breaking Gretzky records is something we might never see again. The cup is coming home.
Lol.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I’m not a fan of “a tale of 2 halves” type of series or games.
Well okay but surely it's still far better than a series that isn't decided in game 7? And also, with this series, you've had 4 instant death games, which is the most possible.

Not to mention that at 3-0, you didn't know it was going to be 3-3. You're only judging it retrospectively, right?

Nogatco Rd

Translator spent all my HF cash
Apr 3, 2021
I’m not a fan of lopsided 7 game series as it skews it a bit. Each team has gone 3-0 and 0-3. I don’t particularly care about either team and who wins and the finals will going on to almost July.
I don’t mind the 3 game runs so much but it would’ve been nice if the games themselves had been closer/more competitive.

They mentioned on the US broadcast that there had been only 1 lead change all series, although idk how accurate that stat is since the commentary has generally been riddled with factual errors.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
From a drama standpoint, I think the last one that jumps out in my mind is that series between Boston and Chicago which was 2013, I believe?

That was about to go seven games until the blackhawks scored 2 goals with about a minute left to take the Stanley Cup.

I know blues and bruins went 7 in 2019, and was decided by a goal, but it just didn't have the same feel as 2013. The turnaround was so sudden that it was hard to process what happened at the time.

Last edited:

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
2004 flames lightning. 4 games were decided by 1 goal and the wins alternated back and forth until the lightning won games 6 and 7 by 1 goal. Had some controversy too.

Reactions: Hoek and banks

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Lol... this is great stuff!

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Well okay but surely it's still far better than a series that isn't decided in game 7? And also, with this series, you've had 4 instant death games, which is the most possible.

Not to mention that at 3-0, you didn't know it was going to be 3-3. You're only judging it retrospectively, right?
Isn’t the only way to judge a series after 6 games retroactively? Just like the Patriots Falcons Superbowl went to OT, I wouldn’t say that was a good game. Each half a different team dominated

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad