This is our best top 6 (at forward) since.....?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Well per the tweet 8 mintues ago from Ansar Khan, looks like we are going to open the season with a top 6 of DeBrincat, Larkin, Raymond, Kane, Compher, Tarasenko.

Not sure about the rest of the lineup, but I think that is a pretty good top 6. (I know Kane and Tarasenko are older, but still)

Is this the best top 6 we have had since Datsyuk or Z were on the team? What do you all think?

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Well per the tweet 8 mintues ago from Ansar Khan, looks like we are going to open the season with a top 6 of DeBrincat, Larkin, Raymond, Kane, Compher, Tarasenko.

Not sure about the rest of the lineup, but I think that is a pretty good top 6. (I know Kane and Tarasenko are older, but still)

Is this the best top 6 we have had since Datsyuk or Z were on the team? What do you all think?
Compher is a 3rd/4th line C playing a 2nd line role. If we had a good center there I would agree but that downgrades the line significantly

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
We have been playing forward units for a long time now that I would not even consider NHL level forward units. This is the first season since I can remember in a long time where we are icing a legit top 6. Our second unit is past its prime but that is a lot of competency. Yes this is easily the best forward group we have had since the last time the wings were relevant

Compher is in a 'best we can do for now' position which I agree downgrades the line significantly. If we hav e aprospect winger and C land in the next 1 or 2 seasons we will really be cooking.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Find me a 3/4C that puts up 50 points.
He'll have higher points because again, he's being forced to play 2C and with really good linemates. However if we want to talk about skill level, I would say the majority of teams have a better 2C and some even a better 3C (Lowry, Lundell, Henrique, Haula)

Compher is definitely not a 4C he’s a great 3C imo
"Good" 3C I'll agree with.

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
He'll have higher points because again, he's being forced to play 2C and with really good linemates. However if we want to talk about skill level, I would say the majority of teams have a better 2C and some even a better 3C (Lowry, Lundell, Henrique, Haula)
You didn't answer the question. I'm not surprised, but still.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

He was the 2C on a very good Colorado team, I think he’s fine in that role for us.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Top 2 lines and only Larkin plays physical game. Better move Tarasenko to third line and bring Kasper to play top 6 wing.
Not gonna happen 😭

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Compher's 48 points would have put him 63rd in points as a center on NHL.com, but they have a few players that played wing, not center. Statistically, he's a very bottom end 2C. Contenders usually have 1A/1B type centers.

Production goes down when wingers get stuck playing with Compher instead of DBoss, I'm not really sure how much Tank will produce with Compher as center.

What is the average points for a 2C?

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
COMPHER BEING BAD DOESN'T PREVENT THE TOP 6 FROM BEING THE BEST WE'VE HAD IN SEVERAL YEARS.
Nyquist/Tatar/Datsyuk/Zetterberg which was what... 2015? Almost 10 years.

Best forward group in 10 years I'll say.

Reactions: Frk It

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah I think this is the bright spot of this team for me. Kind of excited to see these two units play and I think we should be able to create chances on the power play with these guys as well.

Would have liked to see the team improve more overall, but I am excited to watch these guys play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad