This is Goodbye

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Folks like you are who make HFBoards such a wonderful place to visit. It has been an honor posting with you all these years.

Goodbye my friend. Until we post again!

This, so much this.

There are some threads I follow, and then there are threads where I see who has posted, and even if I had no interest in the topic, I look to see what that poster is saying.

I knew whenever I clicked on a Grub post, I would see the snowy owl. Posts worth reading.

My hopes and wishes are with you, and like Eddy punch clock, you and everything you brought to this community will be remembered.

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
I did post how sorry I am to hear this news.I want to thank you for always sharing your thoughts on our Canuck page here.When I was a newbie on here reading your posts was learning for me.
Thank you and God bless you and your family..

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Eddie Punch Clock as well.

We should really have a ring of honor for these posters.

One things for sure, he's getting his name etched onto our 2025 Cup thread.

"Vancouver Canucks- 2025 Stanley Cup Champions. Thanks Grub for the game winning stanchion goal!"

"Vancouver Canucks- 2028 Stanley Cup Champions for the fourth time in a row thanks to more weird flukey goals. Uhh Grub, we're good now!"
"Uhh Grub, we're good now!" no @Grub don't listen, keep on scoring them flukey cup champ goals, 5 or 6 championships are ideal.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
I didn’t really know what to say when this happened. I know what I want to say now. But I will have to tell my experience to get tell the message I want.

I lost my little cousin to cancer when I was in middle school. He was 7 when diagnosed and 8 when he passed. It was the hardest thing I have ever went through in my life. That’s not what I want to talk about though. I want to talk about a summer day in 2004 a couple years before he was diagnosed. I was 10 years old. It was a beautiful summer day, and I was at his place. My mom was dropping off something for my aunt I think, and my cousin asked me to stay to play. My aunt just had another baby, and he had been an only child before that. We played in the pool while my Aunt watched the baby nearby, and later we got McDonald’s. This memory still makes me smile. It still makes me feel happy, as do many more memories. Because cancer can kill us, and our loved ones, and gives us horrible memories. But, it can never take our good memories. Those will always belong to us. I hope you can make some more good memories with your loved ones.

I didn’t know you personally, but it has been an honour to share this board with you the last number of years.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Thanks kindly for sharing your story Grub. Your huge manatee shines through. Would like to add that your perspective on the Canucks and the game in general has played a positive part in my relationship with this team over the years, and it's been much appreciated.
It's a long path friend, travel well.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
It's been an honor Grub. As you can see, your presence on these forums has touched many, and that says alot in this day and age. You, your well thought out posts and love for the sport and team will be missed. I hope the journey you take from this point on is one of ease, and if we could all lend you a little strength in doing so, it is yours to take my friend. Be well wherever that may be, and godspeed

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Hi Guys,

For 16 years hfboards especially HFCANUCKS have been a big part of my life, from my university years to my adult life I’ve made tons of memories here and lots of friends, from the glory Gillis era to the dark era of Jim Benning. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to continue the journey for the cup with you boys anymore.

I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer around 7 months ago, well let’s just say this is a battle I won’t be able to win. Thank you for the great memories for the past 16 years, it has been a damn great ride, a damn great ride. I hope you boys get to see the Canucks get a cup one day, hopefully god damn soon haha. Make sure you all live your lifes to the fullest and make sure you all have your yearly medical checkup (god damn important). Thank you to the mods for keeping this place lively all these years, especially Mr. Canucklehead. Hope that the coming years will fill you all with great happiness.

Thank you guys for everything.

Goodbye.
Got no words.

So sorry for you buddy.

Puts our problems in to proper perspective.

THRILLHOIAF

Jul 26, 2019
Hi Guys,

For 16 years hfboards especially HFCANUCKS have been a big part of my life, from my university years to my adult life I’ve made tons of memories here and lots of friends, from the glory Gillis era to the dark era of Jim Benning. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to continue the journey for the cup with you boys anymore.

I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer around 7 months ago, well let’s just say this is a battle I won’t be able to win. Thank you for the great memories for the past 16 years, it has been a damn great ride, a damn great ride. I hope you boys get to see the Canucks get a cup one day, hopefully god damn soon haha. Make sure you all live your lifes to the fullest and make sure you all have your yearly medical checkup (god damn important). Thank you to the mods for keeping this place lively all these years, especially Mr. Canucklehead. Hope that the coming years will fill you all with great happiness.

Goodbye.

Awful news, so sorry to hear this.

I'm not sure if you're still with us, but please point the mods or someone in the direction of a gofundme for your family, or a charity of your choice that the community can rally together to support

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Hi Guys,

Goodbye.
This is absolutely devastating, you’ll always be remembered fondly around here. Sorry you couldn’t celebrate your team lifting the Cup.

If this truly is the end, may you pass in peace surrounded by those you love.

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Grub, one of the fiercer Canucks fans I've heard of. Thanks for the laughs, headscratches, and debates. As your posts and even postin here indicates, your passion is something I will note forever. We don't ever get to say this in earnest, but, thank you. Your contributions on this board were enough to make an imprint on me.

Fight like hell, and know that no matter what, I'll see you on the other side with a beer (assuming I can drink those) and we'll watch as the Canucks finally pop that Stanley cherry. That is my hope.

LickTheEnvelope

Weird time to be a Canucks fan 2024
Dec 16, 2008
Sidney, formerly Vancouver
Hi Guys,

Goodbye.

Very sorry to see you leaving us Grub.

Thank you for spending time with all of us and all the memories.

Will miss reading you on here.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Hi Guys,

Goodbye.
The forum can be a positive distraction.

I just lost my son on June 16th, Fathers day.
Today my brother passed at 2:30 am.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The passing of loved ones, and even the loss of treasured contributors on HF Boards, reminds us again of the fragility of life.

It's a lesson to make every day count. Hug your family members; try to make the world a better place for somebody else, and live every day like it might be your last. Because one day it will be.

The reality of this at times hits hard and seems to come at us faster every day. And it's still so hard to try and assuage the grief of others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad