This is Goodbye

Dana Murzyn

Oct 5, 2005
Thank you for sharing this, as crushing as the news is. If this chat board is any indication, you've been a meaningful and appreciated part of a lot of people's lives. Sending good thoughts to you and your loved ones as you navigate this next chapter.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Grub I hope whatever comes next is worthwhile. A lot of us have been around for years, and HFCanucks is essentially our 2nd home to shoot the shit with the boys during a game.

We will miss you around here, but just know we will all give you a HUGE toast when our guys make that SCF - and all the others we have unfortunately lost to soon.

Cheers.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Admired your contributions to this site and your passion for the team. You were usually one of the last to give up on a player or the team. Also showed more composure than most staying away from the pissing matches some of us tend to get into.

My prayers go with you and your post indicates the type of courage I hope I can muster when faced with the type of problems you're dealing with.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Hi Guys,

For 16 years hfboards especially HFCANUCKS have been a big part of my life, from my university years to my adult life I’ve made tons of memories here and lots of friends, from the glory Gillis era to the dark era of Jim Benning. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to continue the journey for the cup with you boys anymore.

I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer around 7 months ago, well let’s just say this is a battle I won’t be able to win. Thank you for the great memories for the past 16 years, it has been a damn great ride, a damn great ride. I hope you boys get to see the Canucks get a cup one day, hopefully god damn soon haha. Make sure you all live your lifes to the fullest and make sure you all have your yearly medical checkup (god damn important). Thank you to the mods for keeping this place lively all these years, especially Mr. Canucklehead. Hope that the coming years will fill you all with great happiness.

Thank you guys for everything.

Goodbye.
Absolutely brutal to hear, I hope you can find peace in the remaining time you have left.
The fact you can joke around still considering how hard this is, just shows how incredible you are.

You made an impact on many people here, and when we win the cup, I’ll make sure to have a toast for you.

Much love, man.

PRNuck

May 20, 2009
Calgary
Dang it took me a while to figure out how to log back in here. Worth it to say bye to one of the OGs.

All the best Grub, keep fighting, I'm glad you got to see the Canucks turn it around. I will forever live in fear of your scary fanged owl avatar.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Hi Guys,

For 16 years hfboards especially HFCANUCKS have been a big part of my life, from my university years to my adult life I’ve made tons of memories here and lots of friends, from the glory Gillis era to the dark era of Jim Benning. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to continue the journey for the cup with you boys anymore.

I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer around 7 months ago, well let’s just say this is a battle I won’t be able to win. Thank you for the great memories for the past 16 years, it has been a damn great ride, a damn great ride. I hope you boys get to see the Canucks get a cup one day, hopefully god damn soon haha. Make sure you all live your lifes to the fullest and make sure you all have your yearly medical checkup (god damn important). Thank you to the mods for keeping this place lively all these years, especially Mr. Canucklehead. Hope that the coming years will fill you all with great happiness.

Goodbye.
Grubster hope you enjoy as much as possible your next few days, weeks, months and hopefully more. I have always enjoyed your postings here, and hope we can continue posting our shenanigans as much as possible. Much love and respect Grubby, I will for sure take your advice...

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
Hi Guys,

Goodbye.
What..nooo...so so sorry..

Rotang

Sep 30, 2005
Dallas, TX
I'm gutted to hear that Grub, I lurk more than post these days but I've always enjoyed your contributions to the discussion. You're handling this with an incredible amount of courage and I hope that your journey through whatever comes next is filled with peace. F*** cancer.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Hi Guys,

Goodbye.

Very sorry to hear this. I've always enjoyed your take and contribution to these discussions over the years. You will be missed.

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer around 7 months ago, well let’s just say this is a battle I won’t be able to win.
Goodbye.

Bullshit you won't win. Life with cancer is just about the shittiest thing imaginable, and every single day it tries desperately to take you down.

And EVERY SINGLE day for MONTHS you kicked it's ass. Kicked it upside down, around and sideways. You made cancer your bitch and then some. Just because it may win a single day, a single round, doesn't mean that you lost a god dam thing.

That's the truth of it. And in the next one when the Canucks are passing around the cup again may you drink mightily from it!

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Godspeed Grub! Thank you for your contribution to this board over the years, and thank you for using your time to say goodbye to us. Your input over the years help shape how I consume this entertainment and your contribution will ultimately live on in all of us that read your words.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad