This is Goodbye

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Hi Guys,

For 16 years hfboards especially HFCANUCKS have been a big part of my life, from my university years to my adult life I’ve made tons of memories here and lots of friends, from the glory Gillis era to the dark era of Jim Benning. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to continue the journey for the cup with you boys anymore.

I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer around 7 months ago, well let’s just say this is a battle I won’t be able to win. Thank you for the great memories for the past 16 years, it has been a damn great ride, a damn great ride. I hope you boys get to see the Canucks get a cup one day, hopefully god damn soon haha. Make sure you all live your lifes to the fullest and make sure you all have your yearly medical checkup (god damn important). Thank you to the mods for keeping this place lively all these years, especially Mr. Canucklehead. Hope that the coming years will fill you all with great happiness.

Thank you guys for everything.

Goodbye.
Grub that really f***in sucks man, there is no other way to slice it and I'm so sorry to hear that. When they hoist that cup one day we are all going to think of you, Parabola, and Eddie, the cheers and drink a beer in your honour. I enjoy what you bring to the board, you will be missed when that day comes.

This has always brought me comfort when I've been forced by health scares to contemplate the end. Hopefully it does for you.

-Immortality-

Do not stand
By my grave, and weep.
I am not there,
I do not sleep—
I am the thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glints in snow
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle, autumn rain.
As you awake with morning’s hush,
I am the swift, up-flinging rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight,
I am the day transcending night.
Do not stand
By my grave, and cry—
I am not there,
I did not die.

Or if you want something more modern, we have some Dr. Dog's:

Float down the stream 'til time is worn out
As all my remains become scattered about
And I become a song so big and loud
I become a dream, became a sound
I become a name cut into stone
I become a chill in the bone

Become the one
Become the all
Become the big
Become the small
Become complete
Become destroyed
Become nothing
Be the void

I don't know what, if any religion you subscribe to, but I firmly believe you are simply returning from whence you came, rejoining the All. Good luck my man, see you there one day.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I've appreciated you here... thank you for your insights over the years my friend.

We all gotta go at some point, you're just gona beat us there by a bit. Whatever awaits us on the otherside, face it with honor, strength and pride.
God speed my good man.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Hi Guys,

For 16 years hfboards especially HFCANUCKS have been a big part of my life, from my university years to my adult life I’ve made tons of memories here and lots of friends, from the glory Gillis era to the dark era of Jim Benning. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to continue the journey for the cup with you boys anymore.

I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer around 7 months ago, well let’s just say this is a battle I won’t be able to win. Thank you for the great memories for the past 16 years, it has been a damn great ride, a damn great ride. I hope you boys get to see the Canucks get a cup one day, hopefully god damn soon haha. Make sure you all live your lifes to the fullest and make sure you all have your yearly medical checkup (god damn important). Thank you to the mods for keeping this place lively all these years, especially Mr. Canucklehead. Hope that the coming years will fill you all with great happiness.

Goodbye.
Very sad to hear amigo. Cancer has mangled my family. I hope you spend as much time with your loved ones as possible. Be at peace and rest well my friend.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Hi Guys,

Goodbye.

Oh, man. This is terrible news to read. Godspeed on your journey into whatever comes next, Grub.

Thank you for being a part of this community. We are all better for you having chosen to share your time, perspectives and fandom with us.

Take care and all the best.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Truly horrible news man. I'm so sorry for you and the people who love you.

You've always been a good poster, though it would be no less sad if you hadn't.

There's still meaning to be found in whatever time you have left. Connect with whatever your source of meaning in this world is and share whatever moments of joy and beauty you can find with those around you.

At the end of the day, life is a combination of the moments of beauty we collect, the sense of community we engage with, and the positivity we create for those around us.

I invite you to reflect on those three things, perhaps with some loved ones. And see if there are more to be collected in your limited time left.

Words fail me here, but be well brother and know that your existence has mattered. Even to strangers who just happen to love the same team.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Hi Guys,

Goodbye.
That's horrible to hear, i will definitely pray for you

ArtursSilovsShirt

King Arturs 👑
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Hi Guys,

Goodbye.

There are really no words in this situation, but my heart absolutely breaks for you and your family.

Thank you for gracing us with this touching goodbye note, as well as the very important advice to live life to its fullest and stay on top of your health with medical checkups.

I hope you can find some joy and happiness with your loved ones with whatever time you have left, and I hope you have a peaceful departure from this earth when that time does come.

Sending you all sorts of love during these difficult times, stranger ♥️

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
A real gut-punch to learn. This is just a silly message board for a hobby that we all share, but every now and again we get a stark reminder of the real people behind the avatars. Wishing you the best of luck from here on out, and just want to echo what everyone else has said – you are very brave to share this, make the most of every day, remember that there are people out there who care about you.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Hi Guys,

Goodbye.
despedidas

wish the boys could have won one for you this year but at least you got a good final season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad