Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 3 - Flyers Rumors and Media Mentions: Never Ending Circles

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Charlie seems to think Tortorella would be the one within the organization pushing for Luchanko to play in the NHL this year while the front office would be pushing for a return to juniors.

So he said if Luchanko continues to play well there is going to be internal push by Tortorella & the players to keep Luchanko up.

He thinks the front office for sure wants to send him to juniors though & they don’t want to do a 9 game trial one way or another. Either he makes the team or he doesn’t out of camp.

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
He thinks the front office for sure wants to send him to juniors though & they don’t want to do a 9 game trial one way or another. Either he makes the team or he doesn’t out of camp.

If this is the case and they keep him, the process is shit. Irrevocably shit. Coaches shouldn't be overriding the front office on a guy you absolutely love.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think this is full of it. Kid has played one game and a few practices
Torts ain't exactly a HC who loves "shiny new toys."
So the idea that Torts is lobbying to keep Luchanko doesn't pass the smell test.

Now if Luchanko is lights out in games 5 to 7, things could change.

I mean that's always a possibility, but I'll bet our favorite degenerate would give us long odds against that happening.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Charlie seems to think Tortorella would be the one within the organization pushing for Luchanko to play in the NHL this year while the front office would be pushing for a return to juniors.

So he said if Luchanko continues to play well there is going to be internal push by Tortorella & the players to keep Luchanko up.

This organization will constantly find new lows.

That's what happens though when you hire a GM and a PoHO with the edict that Torts isn't going anywhere though. Torts gets what he wants. We've seen it countless times already. They'll cower in fear to him. You made the bed, now lay in it.

A well run organization tells Tortorella and the players to shut their mouths and know their roles.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I would have no issue, or maybe just slight, if they were actually in full rebuild mode and they kept him...but they aren't and they will screw the kid up somehow

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I would have no issue, or maybe just slight, if they were actually in full rebuild mode and they kept him...but they aren't and they will screw the kid up somehow
Full rebuild mode is the worst reason to keep him, b/c you'll be tempted to overplay him and ruin him.
At least on a good team you shelter a kid like this and limit his minutes and give him favorable matchups.
Imagine Luchanko getting matched up against McDavid, McKinnon or Barkov. Road kill.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Full rebuild mode is the worst reason to keep him, b/c you'll be tempted to overplay him and ruin him.
At least on a good team you shelter a kid like this and limit his minutes and give him favorable matchups.
Imagine Luchanko getting matched up against McDavid, McKinnon or Barkov. Road kill.

Why would he be getting matched against them?

Why must we engage in these weird dreams? If they do keep him up, you'll just make more weird dreams to justify it, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad