Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 3 - Flyers Rumors and Media Mentions: Never Ending Circles

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Fair point. Despite his 104-point outlier, Nugent-Hopkins has been an underwhelming high pick.
This may be wrong, but personally I feel like RNH was definitely more suited to play wing in the nhl rather than center, I feel like that would have been a better fit for him, while I do think he is a good player, I do agree, for him going that high, he is a underwhelming player

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
yeah I don't see how people look at your prospect pool and think its anything other than pretty darn bad for how long we've stunk.

You can say "Well, Foerster and Brink graduated." Sure. But aside from Michkov, we lack any real high talent.
Most prospect pools lack high talent, b/c as we're going to see with Michkov, they quickly graduate.
Briere also made a deliberate decision to shift resources into 2025 (CBJ option, draft day trade).
Hard to imagine we won't be a top 5 pool after the 2025 draft.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Most prospect pools lack high talent, b/c as we're going to see with Michkov, they quickly graduate.
Briere also made a deliberate decision to shift resources into 2025 (CBJ option, draft day trade).
Hard to imagine we won't be a top 5 pool after the 2025 draft.
Columbus exercised that option did they not? If so it had zero to to with Danny making a deliberate decision. Trading a 31st overall for what should be in theory a higher pick was smart, Do not think it had much to do with the 25 draft overall. Despite the spin.

Once MM is no longer a prospect that rating will drop. Not go up. So it isn't hard to imagine they wont be top 5. Even if they are the system right now is not anything special at all.

Really cracks me up how the 2025 draft is not the company talking point. The future focus. Then it will be something else as the scramble to buy more time while accomplishing very little. Also do not see them making 3 1st rd picks. Some will be traded to me for NHL players.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
The idea that this (or any) team can predict and exploit the top ~75 players of a draft more than a year away was, and continues to be, completely ridiculous.

If you think the Flyers can make predictions like this I have some ocean front property in Saskatchewan to sell you.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
the Flyers drafting is dogshit, the scouts are imbeciles, so good luck with that top 5 prediction.

Claude Giroux ‘06
Sean Couturier ‘11

The year is 2024.

We are jumping for joy because of finding Matvei a decade after Sean?

With Michkov and Couturier both being mostly a product of several teams evidently huffing brake cleaner at their draft tables over the Flyers doing anything overly competent. They were successfully less stupid than Ottawa and Montreal. Oh boy.

The idea that this (or any) team can predict and exploit the top ~75 players of a draft more than a year away was, and continues to be, completely ridiculous.

If you think the Flyers can make predictions like this I have some ocean front property in Saskatchewan to sell you.

If the Flyers could make those assessments accurately they'd be an incredibly good team instead of the thing they are now.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
With Michkov and Couturier both being mostly a product of several teams evidently huffing brake cleaner at their draft tables over the Flyers doing anything overly competent. They were successfully less stupid than Ottawa and Montreal. Oh boy.
I mean, don't forget Clarke forgetting Giroux's name because they thought they were getting Bobby Sanguinetti, he of *checks notes* 45 NHL games in his career.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Drysdale #6, Michkov #7, Couts #8, Tippett #10, York #14, Farabee #14, Sanheim #17, Poehling #20, TK #22, Foerster #23, Frost #27.

It's not like this roster is loaded with late round picks and waiver wire pickups.
Shit
HOPEFULLY Awesome
Broken
Good
Good
Will be Traded
Good
4th liner
Awesome
Good
Will be traded

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Love how Poehling was thrown in there like we wouldn't notice. Other teams are truly jealous of us having him on our roster.
You field 12 forwards, every team in the league would be happy to have Poehling in their bottom six.
Look at even the best teams, few have more than 6 or 7 forwards with 30+ ES points.
FLA (5) plus (2) with 29
BOS (6)
NYR (5)
CAR (6)
TOR (7)
DAL (8)
WIN (7)
VAN (7)
EDM (6)
NASH (5)
TB (6)

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
You field 12 forwards, every team in the league would be happy to have Poehling in their bottom six.
Look at even the best teams, few have more than 6 or 7 forwards with 30+ ES points.
FLA (5) plus (2) with 29
BOS (6)
NYR (5)
CAR (6)
TOR (7)
DAL (8)
WIN (7)
VAN (7)
EDM (6)
NASH (5)
TB (6)
He's a perfectly cromulent 4th liner. Other teams also have perfectly cromulent 4th liners. In fact, other teams probably have more good 4th liners than the Flyers play on any given night because the Coach stapled Deslauriers' name to the lineup card permanently.

It's not some huge victory for the Flyers that they have Poehling.

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild #cutterwasright
May 26, 2012
FLA (5) plus (2) with 29
BOS (6)
NYR (5)
CAR (6)
TOR (7)
DAL (8)
WIN (7)
VAN (7)
EDM (6)
NASH (5)
TB (6)
I’ve heard rumors of a wild-eyed hotshot innovator dressing 11 forwards

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He's a perfectly cromulent 4th liner. Other teams also have perfectly cromulent 4th liners. In fact, other teams probably have more good 4th liners than the Flyers play on any given night because the Coach stapled Deslauriers' name to the lineup card permanently.

It's not some huge victory for the Flyers that they have Poehling.

Some teams have more than one equivalent, even

• Wow
Reactions: freakydallas13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad