Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 3 - Flyers Rumors and Media Mentions: Never Ending Circles

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

"I think the best part, for me, is for him (Michkov) to have the chance to learn and play under Torts. You know, Torts is tough, we all know that. They're critical years for the long term.

So having a chance to put our hands on him early, having Torts work with him and develop him, I think might be a game changer for his career."

"I look back at what Nic Deslauriers did, and Garnet Hathaway did, uh Nick Seeler was part of that group. You know, we talk about how well some of young guys developed. Part of the reason is how protected they were, and never have to worry going out there that someone's gonna take advantage of them, because nobody wanted to get into that type of game with the Flyers they knew we had too much backup. If they wanted to, you know, start playing that hard game."

Last edited:

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Thank you. I do not like Puckpedia at all.

Why do all these cap sites look like they were designed in 1994 on GeoCities?
LOL. One would have to think that with the popularity of Capgeek being what it was that someone would put together a s similar site in the near future. It might be that one of the existing ones such as Puckpedia, Capspace or the like upgrades as well. When there's a market void, usually a producer shows up to exploit it.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

"I think the best part, for me, is for him (Michkov) to have the chance to learn and play under Torts. You know, Torts is tough, we all know that. They're critical years for the long term.

So having a chance to put our hands on him early, having Torts work with him and develop him, I think might be a game changer for his career."

"I look back at what Nic Deslauriers did, and Garnet Hathaway did, uh Nick Seeler was part of that group. You know, we talk about how well some of young guys developed. Part of the reason is how protected they were, and never have to worry going out there that someone's gonna take advantage of them, because nobody wanted to get into that type of game with the Flyers they knew we had too much backup. If they wanted to, you know, start playing that hard game."

not one person here could have called this..

not even one..:help:

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
And, according to the putz who runs Hockeybuzz, the Flyers are still very interested in acquiring Krebs and Samuelsson (yeah, Kjell’s kid, shocking, IKR?) from Buffalo in a deal built around Farabee.

It boggles the mind just how many idiotic things this team can do. I firmly expect TK to be extended, Laughton to finish his career as a Flyer and both Farabee and Frost dealt before the next trade deadline…if not well before.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
And, according to the putz who runs Hockeybuzz, the Flyers are still very interested in acquiring Krebs and Samuelsson (yeah, Kjell’s kid, shocking, IKR?) from Buffalo in a deal built around Farabee.

It boggles the mind just how many idiotic things this team can do. I firmly expect TK to be extended, Laughton to finish his career as a Flyer and both Farabee and Frost dealt before the next trade deadline…if not well before.
Oh I can't wait to suck for another decade + and never truly rebuild, and to watch michkov grow sick of this organization and demand out, and then have the flyers brass trash him and make him out to be a villian or even a primadona, snow the goalie will sell tshirts labeled mickovinsania, I can see it now and then we will have laughton as our gm and nick deslauriers as our assistant gm, with seeler as our developmental coach, future sure looks bright

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC

Thank god Deslauriers was there to protect Hathaway.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

I...don't understand. Krebs has been a major bust. Knowing them, they probably see Samuelsson as the main piece in that trade due to his size and bloodlines.

bleachdrinker

Sep 7, 2022
Philadelphia

IMG_3524.gif

Reactions: Curufinwe and BiggE

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
I'm interested to see how Cutter pans out. He's a great natural athlete. Big frame. Ridiculously good shot. But he definitely has spells where he's invisible despite his tools.

This is why I scoff at the notion it's "proven" that the Flyers lost the trade for Drysdale and a 2nd.

We don't know what Gauthier is. And we don't know what Drysdale is, either.
Nobody has said that it’s proven that 10 years from now, we will have lost the trade. The guy we draft in the 2nd round could be the next Eric Lindros and Drysdale could turn into the next Quinn Hughes.

Similarly, the Oilers could decide to trade McDavid tomorrow for a late first round pick and if McDavid were to slip on a banana peel and end up with the same injury as Ryan Ellis, they probably end up winning that trade. But I don’t think anyone would suggest such a trade is a smart move.

Hopefully you take note of the absurdity of the examples I gave. Because the odds of those things happening is infinitesimally low.

Nothing in hockey when dealing with prospects is guaranteed. You’re dealing in percentages and likelihoods of outcomes. You want to increase the percentages of good outcomes. You want to gain value.

The Flyers lost a massive amount of value in the Gauthier trade. They lost a top 5 in all of hockey prospect who has zero injury concerns and true #1C/wing upside and the potential to score 40 goals a year for a 2nd round pick 2 drafts away (when the trade was made) and a defenseman who has missed 40+ games in 3 out of the 4 seasons he has been a professional.

To give you some sense of the loss of value, Cutter is going #4 in “too soon” 2022 redrafts while Drysdale is going around 12-13 in the 2020 version. You saw what the alleged price was for us to trade from 12 to 4 in this draft, right? 2 additional first round picks. That implies a major loss of value.

Things could still work out great for the Flyers here and I could also win the powerball and mega millions jackpots this weekend. But people react given the information they have right now. And given the info we have right now, neither of those things look too likely.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
He's insisted that management is correct and knows best for at least 6 years now. He defended Fletcher up to the end and beyond, and that same management group minus CF remains in place.

The current state of the team proves that is wrong. We have seen that they constantly lie, as well. And yet, the unquestioning trust continues. I think baseless zealous faith is very negative, personally. Not at all like my own endless open-eyed positivity.
Yeah. You go with that angle. The guy whom you and others label as "contrarian" is also "unquestioning."

We all know I'm far more anti-authoritarian and groupthink than you are.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah. You go with that angle. The guy whom you and others label as "contrarian" is also "unquestioning."

We all know I'm far more anti-authoritarian and groupthink than you are.

No we do not know that because of your ceaseless defense of authority. You love authority.

The core of your entire dispute with everyone here is that you say "The Flyers say so! They know best!" and we say "Nah, don't think they do."

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Samuelsson only played 41 games and had 7 points

6 years left at $4,285,714

Buffalo Sabres defenseman Mattias Samuelsson will require surgery to repair an upper-body injury and will be out for the remainder of the season, the team announced Sunday.

Samuelsson missed the last two games due to his injury, which coach Don Granato said he sustained during the Sabres’ 4-2 loss to Anaheim on Jan. 23.

“He got injured in [his] last game,” Granato said following Sunday’s practice at KeyBank Center. “He’s had lingering injuries just by virtue of how he blocks shots and finishes hits, and your body is always banged up and sore. But this was an injury that happened in the game. He was not dealing with this injury prior to it the other night. He was dealing with different soreness, but not the injury we’re speaking of now. It’s going to take surgery.”

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

WolfOfBroadStreet14

Aug 15, 2020

Buffalo Sabres defenseman Mattias Samuelsson will require surgery to repair an upper-body injury and will be out for the remainder of the season, the team announced Sunday.

Samuelsson missed the last two games due to his injury, which coach Don Granato said he sustained during the Sabres’ 4-2 loss to Anaheim on Jan. 23.

“He got injured in [his] last game,” Granato said following Sunday’s practice at KeyBank Center. “He’s had lingering injuries just by virtue of how he blocks shots and finishes hits, and your body is always banged up and sore. But this was an injury that happened in the game. He was not dealing with this injury prior to it the other night. He was dealing with different soreness, but not the injury we’re speaking of now. It’s going to take surgery.”
Always hurt AND a Flyers legacy!?!

Always hurt AND a Flyers legacy!?!
In all serious I am a fan of Samuelsson and think he’d make a good partner for Drysdale but he’s a little redundant with Seeler and with Macdonald in the system

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
I question everything, which is why when people tell me the earth is round I laugh at their group think.

I really don't want f***ing Buffalo to get the better of the Flyers trading for another defenceman. Please, I'm begging you Danny.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad