Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 3 - Flyers Rumors and Media Mentions: Never Ending Circles

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
If TK's camp is scoffing at those and shooting that high and refusing to budge,that is TK politely demanding a trade while saving the team the embarrassment of it being explicitly done . Either he gets set free or he gets a hilarious overpayment to make playing for this torture rodeo worthwhile. He wins either way.
Could be and show he values the bag more than winning at this stage. He has already made a nice chunk of change. gonna get another 50 + million minimum. Just baffles me why he would want to stay after what 10 years of losing and treading water with no hope in sight.

Reactions: trostol

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Could be and show he values the bag more than winning at this stage. He has already made a nice chunk of change. gonna get another 50 + million minimum. Just baffles me why he would want to stay after what 10 years of losing and treading water with no hope in sight.

I don’t think trying to force a trade away from this organization shows valuing money over winning. It shows the opposite. TK is just setting himself up to come out on top no matter the outcome. Either he moves to a better organization or he gets paid big by these nitwits.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I don’t think trying to force a trade away from this organization shows valuing money over winning. It shows the opposite. TK is just setting himself up to come out on top no matter the outcome. Either he moves to a better organization or he gets paid big by these nitwits.
If he really wanted to win, he would say testing free agency. I do not see him trying to force a trade by asking for 10 million. He and his agent know the Flyers are not smart negotiators. They realize they have a good shot of getting it or very close seeing how the Flyers operate.

Reactions: BiggE

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I was up late working on my little Flyers screeds last night and saw this come across, so I skipped through it for a bit. JJ walks back his $10m comment all the way, says it was offhand and he really doesn't know, refers to a potential extension as "8, 9, 10 million..." after that.

Also spends a lot of his time bloviating about how fans have no right to be pissed off and that no one knows more about draft prospects and such than the Flyers scouts and that people should actually be excited rather than critical because they almost made the playoffs last year and might be better this year so what are you complaining about and on and on and on.

His voice is an indelible part of my life since childhood, but I really can't stand Jim Jackson anymore.

Last edited:

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
I was up late working on my little Flyers screeds last night and saw this come across, so I skipped through it for a bit. JJ walks back his $10m comment all the way, says it was offhand and he really doesn't know, refers to a potential extension as "8, 9, 10 million..." after that.

Also spends a lot of his time bloviating about how fans have no right to be pissed off and that no one knows more about draft prospects and such than the Flyers scouts and that people should actually be excited rather than critical because they almost made the playoffs last year and might be better this year so what are you complaining about and on and on and on.

His voice is an indelible part of my life since childhood, but I really can't stand Jim Jackson anymore.
what a total shill... go pound sand JJ...

Rich Nixon

Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
what a total shill... go pound sand JJ...

It kills me. I watch 100+ Mets games a year because my wife is a diehard, and I always compare how their broadcast treats fans compared to how the Flyers booth treats us.

They're the same franchise in different sports—miserable big market operation addicted to failure and nostalgia for their two ancient championships. But the Mets booth doesn't gaslight fans into thinking every loss is someone else's fault, or that ownership is infallible, or that INTANGIBLES are just as important as strikeouts and homers.

They'll tell you when the third baseman f***s up. They'll tell you when the team sucks. It's refreshing, because once hockey season starts I get 60-70 nights of listening to this guy and whichever ex-player stooge tell me how much I'm supposed to appreciate Nic Deslauriers.

I remember in one of the few games Risto played in last year, he totally lost a guy in the corner. Dude ends up in front of the net and scores—Risto was a step behind and almost got a stick in there to break it up, but he was too late. JJ spent a few sentences commending how Risto "almost made a great play breaking that up" without once acknowledging that it never happens if Risto doesn't make an awful play 5 seconds before. It's just that shit over and over and over again. Making fans stupider.

Last edited:

Hexxxy

Feb 25, 2017
It kills me. I watch 100+ Mets games a year because my wife is a diehard, and I always compare how their broadcast treats fans compared to how the Flyers booth treats us.

They're the same franchise in different sports—miserable big market operation addicted to failure and nostalgia for their two ancient championships. But the Mets booth doesn't gaslight fans into thinking every loss is someone else's fault, or that ownership is infallible, or that INTANGIBLES are just as important as strikeouts and homers.

They'll tell you when the third baseman f***s up. They'll tell you when the team sucks. It's refreshing, because once hockey season starts I get 60-70 nights of listening to this guy and whichever ex-player stooge tell me how much I'm supposed to appreciate Nic Deslauriers.

I remember in one of the few games Risto played in last year, he totally lost a guy in the corner. Dude ends up in front of the net and scores—Risto was a step behind and almost got a stick in there to break it up, but he was too late. JJ spent a few sentences commending how Risto "almost made a great play breaking that up" without once acknowledging that it never happens if Risto doesn't make an awful play 5 seconds before. It's just that shit over and over and over again. Making fans stupider.
Mets fan here too (grew up on jersey shore). Mets have the best booth probably in all sports tho giving them independence from "the regime"

Rich Nixon

Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Mets fan here too (grew up on jersey shore). Mets have the best booth probably in all sports tho giving them independence from "the regime"

Yeah. It's a great education, too, because when you don't spend the entire broadcast doing ad reads and sucking off replacement-level depth players, you can actually analyze the sport and the decisions players and managers make in-game. I have learned so much more about baseball through the Gary/Keith/Ron combo.

Phenomenal broadcasts overall. Great cinematography, they actually experiment with camera angles and multiple perspectives. During dead time, director and camera crew do a great job of finding unique shots that the booth can riff on. I watch tons of regional hockey and baseball broadcasts between ESPN+ and MLB.tv and there isn't anything on the same planet as SNY's baseball coverage. Would love to see that influence spread, because it feels like everything else is so cookie-cutter and uninformative these days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad