Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I'd send TK for McGroarty. Not one for one but some kind of package.
I'd be on board for that. Problem with that is the Jets don't seem to have much else to offer. I doubt they give up a first next year since they have none this year and no second next year so that would be a tough sell, especially with the fact that TK is on an expiring contract so they'd have to re-sign him. My guess is they're going to be looking for picks and NHL ready prospects (or controllable NHL talent).

Reactions: flyersnorth

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
I'd be on board for that. Problem with that is the Jets don't seem to have much else to offer. I doubt they give up a first next year since they have none this year and no second next year so that would be a tough sell, especially with the fact that TK is on an expiring contract so they'd have to re-sign him. My guess is they're going to be looking for picks and NHL ready prospects (or controllable NHL talent).
I was thinking a TK + Laughton for Perfetti + McG as a proposal.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
There are none. It’s what always happens. Lots of “speculation” that shit will happen and then you get a few moves. Then it’s quiet time for the summer.

Teams rarely make multiple splashes in one off season. Especially a team in the Flyers spot.
Why don’t you cook us up a Prongo rumor for old times sake.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I was thinking a TK + Laughton for Perfetti + McG as a proposal.
Yeah I mean that would be awesome but I'm not sure the Jets would be interested. They would be basically at the salary cap with Laughton and TK coming in and still need to sign like 3 more players. Also, again, they're giving up two young valuable players for a guy with an expiring contract. It just doesn't make sense for them. I'm sure on paper they'd like TK and probably Laughton as well, but if they are giving up two young pieces when their draft picks are not plentiful and their prospect pool isn't exactly top notch especially when they are giving up what I imagine is their top or one of their top prospects, plus a 22 year old NHLer. They honestly may be more interested in Farabee because he is younger, cheaper, and controlled longer. TK is clearly the better player but Farabee may be the better fit.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The hate has probably gone too far and in a vacuum he's a fine pick at 12, but this feels like the worst landing spot considering this org, currently, doesn't have too many players who will get the most out of his skillset.
The good news on that is that Eiserman almost certainly won't be in the NHL next year and maybe not even the following year depending on how he progresses. I'd be on board with him at 12. Dream scenario if no one falls unexpectedly we get Helenius or Catton at 12, trade up for Eiserman somewhere in the teens if he falls, and get a defenseman with the Florida pick.

LegionOfGloom

Jun 9, 2021
I hope Briere is unable to make a deal to move up and misses his main targets. Maybe then he will learn that draft position is more important than holding onto veterans to reach that coveted 20th best team in the league award.

Reactions: Tarpongg

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I can’t wrap my head around why this was done before the draft. It can’t be for one player. A team can’t be that incompetent, right? Famous last words, I know. But it has to be a tier thing?

Reactions: BiggE

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I can’t wrap my head around why this was done before the draft. It can’t be for one player. A team can’t be that incompetent, right? Famous last words, I know. But it has to be a tier thing?
I would imagine they have a number of guys in mind and have a good idea as to how the first ten picks will shake out and want to be in a position to either a) have a choice of talent; b) "guarantee" they get one of the guys they want; or c) be in a position to trade up again if someone falls. Going from 11 to 7 to get let's say Demidov is a lot easier than going 14 to 7 especially if they think Flyers are of the same mindset.

EDIT: Not to mention they had three second round picks so they likely knew they were going to trade at least one of them so to them they basically just moved up a couple spots for essentially nothing.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
So I got a question...say who ever they draft comes out a year from now and doesn't want to sign here...at that point who is at fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad