Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'd be willing to get ahead of this, and offer Winnipeg #32 and the CBJ 2nd that will almost certainly transfer next season. It's more than they're apparently asking for, so they should be amenable, and it's a very strong offer unless someone comes in with a much more significant first.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
The thing with Zegras to me is that he is only 23, he's an assist machine and he is a center. That's a fit for Michkov. When healthy he put up a couple 60 point seasons.

The -40 career stat is going to be a clash with Torts. I mean Frost is -22 and he catches more shit then anyone on the team.

Picturing Tyson Foerster, Zegras and Michkov on the same line though

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
Can't wait for the Flyers to not buy out Atkinson and then eventually fail at trading him and wonder why their cap space is so bad right now...
They will probably just buy him out. Not because they necessarily should but just because it is the most flyers thing to do to 'make space'.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I struggle to have an opinion on anything Anaheim. That place has been a debacle led along by Dallas f***ing Eakins. Who knows what is salvageable and what isn't. If they can play, give them a shot I guess.

"If they can play" being the major concerns it seems
I don't think there really is a question as to whether or not Zegras can play, is there?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The thing with Zegras to me is that he is only 23, he's an assist machine and he is a center. That's a fit for Michkov. When healthy he put up a couple 60 point seasons.

The -40 career stat is going to be a clash with Torts. I mean Frost is -22 and he catches more shit then anyone on the team.

Picturing Tyson Foerster, Zegras and Michkov on the same line though

This is where the Eakins Effect makes life hard. In the games he played last year, Zegras was one of the more effective forwards. And I think that equated "breaking even." As I recall, he performed better as whole relative to forwards than Drysdale did to dmen; if that can even be taken to mean anything useful. Top guys like Zegras under Eakins were tasked with going ham on offense, and like AV there is no cohesion with dmen.

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
A 2nd+3rd for McGroarty would be a laughably easy yes from me.
I concur. Easy decision.

I have some thoughts on Zegras and I'm not sure if I should put them here or the draft thread, but ultimately depending on who the org is actually looking to take in the draft including the 12th in a package for Zegras makes sense. Zegras is already what you hope at least one of the prospects frequently talked about for the flyers becomes. Might as well take the proven model instead of a kid that has an estimated timeline for actual NHL impact

Reactions: renberg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
How is Zegras an option with Torts as coach ?

That may be the dumbest trade we could make.

They seem to "take turns" or let people get their moves in as part of their committee approach. They hinted at that at the draft last year. So I could see it if someone is thumping the table for him and it's his due or whatever. Especially since they've already caved to Tortorella on so much. In a normal power structure in lockstep and putting Tortorella on a pedestal yeah, fully agree it makes no sense and I wouldn't put any stock in rumors. But that isn't what they do, so who knows.

At least it adds some of that old Homer era suspense

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
How is Zegras an option with Torts as coach ?

That may be the dumbest trade we could make.
Eh, I don't think it would be a big deal. He does the flashy stuff but he also does the old school chirping and instigating stuff. I think if he's on a line with Michkov lighting up while getting in the face of other guys, albeit if he is too soft to back it up, I think he'll be fine.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
The odds of the Flyers winning a Cup in a 32 team league may as well be zero with how cliched their approach to the sport is. They get a fresh face in as GM, and within a year he's saying the AHL coach deserved an extension because he blocked a puck with his face as a player 14 years ago.
cuz nothing ever changes in Flyersland..

its just groundhogday every day...

How could getting Tarasenko even work? Wrong side of 30, likely to make another 5mil, yet another RW. Eklund is lazy with that one. I know I recently said it's hard to gauge what can be true and what can't be because the team has no clear direction, so anything could fit, but that one manages to be unbelievable anyway.
dude has #Beaf***ingFlyer all over him...

🤣🤣

#Buckle in

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
To me, Zegras is in the Drysdale vein. He’s clearly skilled and clearly a solid NHL player.

I think he has almost no meaningful upside as a true star. Poorly run teams trade for those complimentary guys as if they were cornerstones, which was my problem with the Drysdale trade. If the price drops, I’m interested.

But there are booms for him to hit. If they do it and the price isn’t absurd, sure. I get it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I wonder if the flyers try to trade Ellis to the Utah team too. They currently only have Shea Weber as their hold and let’s not act like they won’t be cheap for the first year or two.
They’ve been pretty explicit that they’re done doing that shit.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
We're going to acquire another Duck who had two significant injuries last season?

In a sit-down with The Athletic during the final week of the regular season, Zegras reviewed a challenging season that saw him start out with a contract snag and end with only 31 games played, as he missed large chunks of time due to a persistent groin-related problem and a broken ankle.

76d68c68eabc58adfccd14fbf6dfc469.png

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t think Zegras is a center on a winner either. He is definitely skilled but he’ll end up getting moved to wing once they find centers who have better instincts.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad