Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Briere should offer Travis Konecny to Buffalo for Jeff Skinner (with 33% retained or so) + 7th overall draft pick + 1st round draft pick 2025.
Some valuable pieces but that may be a lot of cap space to waste for their plans.

To me the skinner buyout is a sign they are finally ready to go for it and actually make the playoffs. I think they would anyway but hopefully they like TK or Laughton for a deal.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I like Zegras but that is way too much for Zegras. If we're sending over Florida's 1st, they sure as f*** are taking a cap dump from us, because they can sure as shit afford it. Maybe send Risto their way as well.
They also have EDM 1st I think so they really dont need Floridas.

Its hard pin pointing what they need or would want. I actually think TK would be a great add for them and their young centers but I doubt theyd be willing to lay him.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Seeing Friedman report it’s gonna be a bananas week like he did last year before the draft and the year before that….. and the year before that…. Honestly the shit isn’t ever bananas anymore. Maybe the cap increase will encourage more movement but expect the typical 1/2 big moves and then a whole bunch of minor moves that are tried to be push as big trades.

To be fair though cap has gone up this offseason and we already saw a few "Bananas" moves

- PLD to Washington
- Ullmark for shit
- Whatever the hell that was with Yzerman yesterday
- Skinner appearing to be buyout

Reactions: Curufinwe

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I’d expect an overpay, but that’s wild
It's definitely an overpay but not that crazy. Zegras is a 23 year old capable of being a 1C with potential to be a legit star. Farabee is an older good not great winger. Our prospects aren't exactly great so who cares who we give up there if it isn't Michkov or Bonk. And then you have pick 32 and a second next year. Overpay, for sure. Absurdly high or crazy? I don't think so. If they wanted #12 or Michkov that's a different story.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
It's definitely an overpay but not that crazy. Zegras is a 23 year old capable of being a 1C with potential to be a legit star. Farabee is an older good not great winger. Our prospects aren't exactly great so who cares who we give up there if it isn't Michkov or Bonk. And then you have pick 32 and a second next year. Overpay, for sure. Absurdly high or crazy? I don't think so. If they wanted #12 or Michkov that's a different story.
You preach about the franchise not adopting the rebuild, constantly refuting anything that looks like progress, then want to sell the entire farm for 60 point Zegras.

Hive mind gets laughed a lot here, but this level of hypocrisy is genuinely hilarious.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
if they trade for Zegras with the return being Farabee + a prospect not named Michkov or Bonk + Florida 1st + 2025 Anaheim 2nd... how would we feel?

He did put up 2 back to back 60+ pt seasons and is still very young and talented. I’m not sure how it’s much less than this. I’d love to keep that Anaheim 2nd but not sure you could and teams love to their traded picks back for some reason.

Zegras and Michkov likely means Zegras is a PPG+ player so no one will care at that point

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
TK would be first of any winger to be traded in my book...good player but not worth the 8x8 or higher he may get ..prefer to keep the Frosts, Farabee's and Foerester's of the team

Reactions: Rich Nixon

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
TK would be first of any winger to be traded in my book...good player but not worth the 8x8 or higher he may get ..prefer to keep the Frosts, Farabee's and Foerester's of the team
Konecny for a top 7 pick and a prospect would make me very happy.

Farabee for Zegras straight up also.

Both moves solve a lot of problems

Reactions: flyersnorth

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
Have to disagree. Lots of teams can bid against each other for a guy like TK.
I just don't think he has the value some are expecting, honestly. Whether it's at the TDL last year or not, I doubt it makes that much of a difference. I think if MN was offering up 14 + Rossi he'd be gone. My guess is they're offering 1, and 1:1 I don't know if it's worth it.

People keep saying that, as if a player will get 2x the return because it's the TDL - it doesn't really work that way anymore.

Maybe you get a bit more, but it's most likely inconsequential, (like rather than a 3rd you'd get a 2nd.) TK announcing that he wants 10M+ in public likely means that the Flyers don't view him as a 10M+ player either.

I'm sure they still want to keep him - that's always there - if he signs for $5M, everybody would want to keep him right? The question is at what threshold do they move him - and that's really where the fans and management may disagree. The reality is that most fans don't want to sign him for $10M x 8, and I don't think the Flyers do, either, if he holds that. But there's some rumors that he'd sign $9.5 for 5 - would you do that? I would still trade him, but that's a pretty good contract that signs him through is prime and doesn't have the backside downturn that we'd expect.

However, knowing that we are overloaded at wing, if he can fetch us the Rossi + 14 I'd do it. The reason is that even at 14 or at 7 the player being better than TK is very unlikley; so I want essentially 2 cracks at the player we get to be better than him. 1:1 I feel is very risky.

Reactions: Curufinwe

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm sure they still want to keep him - that's always there - if he signs for $5M, everybody would want to keep him right? The question is at what threshold do they move him - and that's really where the fans and management may disagree.

I mean, no. I'd want to sign him to that contract and then trade him for the absolutely ludicrous haul you'd get for an extended TK at a discount, because it doesn't matter how good the contract is, what matters is that his absolute prime years are likely to be the next three years, and this team's prime years are likely to be the three to six years after that. He's a hell of a lot of fun to have on the team, but I don't want to watch one fun player. I want what Miami got Monday night, and I don't think Konecny is on the next Flyers roster to do that.

Reactions: The Rage Kage

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
You preach about the franchise not adopting the rebuild, constantly refuting anything that looks like progress, then want to sell the entire farm for 60 point Zegras.

Hive mind gets laughed a lot here, but this level of hypocrisy is genuinely hilarious.
I'm not sure I am the poster you think I am, I don't think I am refuting anything about progress and have been defending the organization's moves so you may have me confused with someone else.

That being said, a late first and a future second and a middling prospect is NOT selling the entire farm. Just curious, what would you trade for Zegras? What would you expect in return for Farabee?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Konecny for a top 7 pick and a prospect would make me very happy.

Farabee for Zegras straight up also.

Both moves solve a lot of problems
Yeah those are great trades, but no one is doing them. Konecny MIGHT be able to get you #7 overall but I doubt the Sens would even do that though I think they are better than their draft position suggests and will be better this year so it could intrigue them, but realistically no one in the top half of the draft would be interested in swapping a high pick for a player on an expiring contract who will probably be looking for at least $8 million for 8 years next year. Farabee for Zegras straight up is great too, but why on earth would they do that? Farabee has over 100 more games and less than 30 more points and he plays a less valuable position and is older. These are great trades for us of course, I agree 100%, but there's no shot they happen.

Think of it this way, if you had the #7 overall pick would you trade it for a 27 year old on an expiring contract with a career high high of 68 points? You'd get laughed out of the room for suggesting that. Or if we had a 23 year old center would you trade him for an older winger with less production straight up? Of course not.

People need to realize if we want to acquire elite talent it is not going to be cheap. That means we will have to overpay. No one is giving away high end centers for the Joel Farabees of the world. And that is not a knock on Farabee, he's a good piece on a good team, but his trade value isn't where I think many think it is.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This team really doesn't seem to have a direction

Never have, and they don't plan on getting one. I mean...extend Sanheim, then try hard to trade him for nonsense, then highlight him for being great as if they knew his actual value the whole time? Try to extend Walker until the last second, then trade him and act like a rebuild was the goal all along? How were they planning on affording things like Michkov after they had that overpay on the books? They already have the least cap space in the league and were seeking to make that situation worse? While also supposedly weaponizing a little space? None of it makes sense.

Part of what makes it hard to establish if a rumor is credible is "does that make sense?" and "does that fit the plan?" have nothing to do with it. There is no sense, there is no plan. Anything is possible. They clearly aren't rebuilding. They have Michkov coming, and think they are ready to contend. Farabee should be a keeper in that context, as well as TK and Frost. Yet it's very believable that any of them would be moved.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Never have, and they don't plan on getting one. I mean...extend Sanheim, then try hard to trade him for nonsense, then highlight him for being great as if they knew his actual value the whole time? Try to extend Walker until the last second, then trade him and act like a rebuild was the goal all along? How were they planning on affording things like Michkov after they had that overpay on the books? They already have the least cap space in the league and were seeking to make that situation worse? While also supposedly weaponizing a little space? None of it makes sense.

Part of what makes it hard to establish if a rumor is credible is "does that make sense?" and "does that fit the plan?" have nothing to do with it. There is no sense, there is no plan. Anything is possible. They clearly aren't rebuilding. They have Michkov coming, and think they are ready to contend. Farabee should be a keeper in that context, as well as TK and Frost. Yet it's very believable that any of them would be moved.
remember when DB recently said they were commited to the rebuild and WOULDNT accelerate the plan for anybody..

LOL... that didnt last long... "oh wait MM is coming over ?

ok lets try to get in again..."

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Catton is one of the most electric, quickest players in the class that you always complain about them avoiding. He’s a top 5 talent. The closest he resembles those two is in taxonomy.

The irony is half the top 10 could be the same nice meh pieces you’re talking about. Lot of questionable ceilings and/or size picks. Flyers might have a chance to save themselves from themselves.

I never complain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad