Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
Hence why they decided to trade away Ghost and Sanheim for negative value all the while they put a premium on Seelers and Fistolainens of the world. Also a reason why I'm highly confident they'll get rid of Drysdale if injuries don't take him first. Only thing they need is Michkov to have better season and they'll have beats spewing nonsense like we don't need no Gauthier and Drysdale has helped us land a great character guy and leader(insert whatever the future version of Cambo will be available).

We traded Sanheim?

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
i’ll give EJ one thing - he’s fearless. He loves to dive to poke and block shots.

He’s also terrible

Way too many Andrew MacDonald vibes. EJ was on the ice for A LOT of goals against it felt like.

I just looked at the potential FA list for next summer.

Draisaitl
Marner
Rantanen
Tavares
Boeser
Ehlers
Bennett
Buchnevich

Hedman
Ekblad
Slavin
Chychrun
Provorov

Now obviously most of these guys wont hit the market...but if a few of them did, it wouldnt surprize me if that is the "plan". Seems like a plus FA class and they have money to spend.

One more year of "whatever happens, happens"...then go all in next offseason in a 07 Homer type off season.

I think this is the plan as well. IF they hit this and the next draft and trade TK to help that part along, it may not be the worst plan. I would really love to trade TK for a mid to early 1st this year +. The way this draft is shaping up a good player will for sure be there after our pick.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Ages at Halloween

York (23)-Sanheim (28)
Seeler (31)-Drysdale (22)
Zamula (24)-Risto (30)
Johnson (36)

200w.gif

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Well, we don't know what Dreger means by "trade interest." I can't imagine it's assigning positive value to Atkinson, he may well mean Atkinson at 50% and a 3rd for a 7th.
Why on earth would that even be a thing? Why would the Flyers attach to get nothing back?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Why on earth would that even be a thing? Why would the Flyers attach to get nothing back?

I have a terrible sneaking suspicion that they want some cap space freed up to sign someone in FA. They're already talking about buying out Petersen, and possibly Atkinson as well, if they can't line up trades for them.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I have a terrible sneaking suspicion that they want some cap space freed up to sign someone in FA. They're already talking about buying out Petersen, and possibly Atkinson as well, if they can't line up trades for them.
I haven’t seen anything suggesting they’re going to buy out Petersen. They could, maybe should, but people seem to think they’re content leaving his number sit. Maybe he chips a toenail and they can LTIR him.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Their roster is barely comprehensible

With Celebrini and Smith coming in, and Eklund finally starting to turn things around, they could be fun to watch this coming season. Then you have Granlund and Zetterlund on their RWs on the top 6 and watch them pull off getting Laine.

Eklund - Celebrini - Granlund
Laine - Smith - Zetterlund

Now that's a fun top 6.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Hard to imagine someone trading for him, but I don’t think Mike Grier has any clue what he’s doing.

Disagree. He‘s dumping albatross contracts left and right, and getting actual assets back. He‘ll gladly take the vet winger at half price in a contract year with a pick attached, then flip him at the deadline for another pick.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If they buy out Cam, they could get under the cap without having to put Ellis & Johansen on LTIR right away.

Free Agent Signings​

RFAYEARSCAP HIT
Brink, Bobby2$1,500,000
Zamula, Yegor1$1,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
Johnson, Erik1$1,000,000

ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES
Tooltip
BONUSESCAP SPACE
22$88,000,000$87,967,262$245,000$0$32,738

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Farabee, Joel
$5,000,000
Couturier, Sean
$7,750,000
Konecny, Travis
$5,500,000
Tippett, Owen
$6,200,000
Frost, Morgan
$2,100,000
Waivers ExemptFoerster, Tyson
$863,333
Cates, Noah
$2,625,000
Laughton, Scott
$3,000,000
Brink, Bobby
$1,500,000
Lycksell, Olle
$787,500
Poehling, Ryan
$1,900,000
Hathaway, Garnet
$2,375,000
Deslauriers, Nicolas
$1,750,000
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
York, Cam
$1,600,000
Sanheim, Travis
$6,250,000
Fedotov, Ivan
$3,275,000
Seeler, Nick
$2,700,000
Drysdale, Jamie
$2,300,000
Ersson, Samuel
$1,450,000
Zamula, Yegor
$1,000,000
Ristolainen, Rasmus
$5,100,000
Johnson, Erik
$1,000,000
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Johansen, Ryan
$4,000,000
Ellis, Ryan
$6,250,000

Buyouts​

Retained Salary Transactions​

Buried​

Sparkleton

Nov 9, 2021
Well, we don't know what Dreger means by "trade interest." I can't imagine it's assigning positive value to Atkinson, he may well mean Atkinson at 50% and a 3rd for a 7th.
One idea floated around by Shark’s fans was taking on the whole contract and the Flyer’s 12th for the Shark’s 14th. San Jose gets an over priced veteran that can help mentor and Philly gets cap full space for whatever. Seems reasonable but Atkinson saying no would obviously trash the thing. Also people hate trading down on hfboards so there is that as well.

Edit - I said 10th instead of 12th.

Last edited:

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I haven’t seen anything suggesting they’re going to buy out Petersen. They could, maybe should, but people seem to think they’re content leaving his number sit. Maybe he chips a toenail and they can LTIR him.

First link is the Inky interview where Brière mentions it obliquely, the second link is a summary by some idiot on this forum, in case you don't have a subscription.

Edit: I didn't want to just copy-paste the whole article, but I will grab the Petersen-relevant bits here, in DB's exact words:

Brière said:
Q: Speaking of the Provorov deal specifically, Cal Peterson was acquired and he spent most of the time this past season with Lehigh Valley. He has one year left at $3.85 million. Is he someone you’re looking at buying out, too?
A: He’s also in the mix. We’re trying to figure out what is best for the Flyers organization as far as the cap structure that we have. So he’s also unfortunately in that mix.

Q: And you’ve had the conversations with him already?
A: Yes, with his agent. They are aware that we’re trying to figure that out.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
One idea floated around by Shark’s fans was taking on the whole contract and the Flyer’s 10th for the Shark’s 14th. San Jose gets an over priced veteran that can help mentor and Philly gets cap full space for whatever. Seems reasonable but Atkinson saying no would obviously trash the thing. Also people hate trading down on this board so there is that as well.

I love the shitting on people while getting the pick details wrong bit. High art.

For the record, I’m more than fine trading down as long as there isn’t a player available who shouldn’t be there (Buium, Parekh, etc). I just want picks back, not to save cap space for one year when they don’t need it. FWIW taking on almost 6MM of Atkinson should get San Jose more than 14 -> 12. He’s useless. But trades have to make sense for both sides, so unless the Flyers are trying to contend immediately, the concept is a non-starter. Of course they might be that incompetent!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Disagree. He‘s dumping albatross contracts left and right, and getting actual assets back. He‘ll gladly take the vet winger at half price in a contract year with a pick attached, then flip him at the deadline for another pick.
He’s not going to be moved with a pick attached.

And no one’s trading for him at the deadline either since he’s cooked.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad