Confirmed with Link: Theo extended 7.425x7

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
Team friendly deal, but now I'm really lost on how to upgrade the wings. Should have about 18ish million in space next offseason to sign Mcnabb? 2 goalies and a couple wingers.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Team friendly deal, but now I'm really lost on how to upgrade the wings. Should have about 18ish million in space next offseason to sign Mcnabb? 2 goalies and a couple wingers.
That doesn't take into account the cap increasing, which should be around 4m.

The cap is in good shape now I'd say. I feel like they might let McNabb walk and have Korczak take his spot.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Maybe McNabb isn't brought back, or if they bring him back I'd bet he signs for a good team contract then they can trade Hague or Whitecloud for a winger on a reasonable contract and the second winger they may need to bargain shop.

Hopefully a young winger steps up, it looks like Dorofeyev may be doing so but another forward prospect making some strides would really solidify the group heading into the cap boom era.

The Duck Knight

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
That doesn't take into account the cap increasing, which should be around 4m.

The cap is in good shape now I'd say. I feel like they might let McNabb walk and have Korczak take his spot.

Even with the cap increase they need 2 goalies. That's going to be at least 6m, probably more if they get a legit starter.

Hague needs an extension probably in the 3-4m range.

Only 7 forwards signed so need to sign at least 6 more.

So even if we assume Mcnabb walks you're looking at maybe 5-6m for 1 top 6 wing.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Even with the cap increase they need 2 goalies. That's going to be at least 6m, probably more if they get a legit starter.

Hague needs an extension probably in the 3-4m range.

Only 7 forwards signed so need to sign at least 6 more.

So even if we assume Mcnabb walks you're looking at maybe 5-6m for 1 top 6 wing.
Hague should land around 3m, I don't see how he could possibly argue for 4m.

So 13m for 5 forwards (1 top 6er, and 4 bottom 4 wings). And maybe a cap min 13F to top it off. Sounds good to me.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I'm a big fan of Theo and it's a great deal (imagine Darnell Nurse got 9.25 x 8 a few years ago and I'd take Theodore every day of the week and twice on Sunday over him). i hope they do NOT trade him, but with his cost assured, it makes him more valuable, not less, to another team if they care to do so, and it increases the price we could get for him. Just a thought.

The Duck Knight

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
I'm a big fan of Theo and it's a great deal (imagine Darnell Nurse got 9.25 x 8 a few years ago and I'd take Theodore every day of the week and twice on Sunday over him). i hope they do NOT trade him, but with his cost assured, it makes him more valuable, not less, to another team if they care to do so, and it increases the price we could get for him. Just a thought.

He's got a NTC. He's not going to be traded now. Seems like the writing is on the wall for Whitecloud though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad