Pre-Game Talk: The Wild invade Ottawa, Tues. 7:00 pm on TSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
What's weird is that it seems like the upper bowl tickets are the ones that aren't selling super well

You'd think the cheaper tickets would go faster?:huh:

That the cheaper tickets aren't selling is rather telling if you ask me: this has been recurring trend.

The people who are meant to buy them are not. Solve that issue and we are golden.

I think that is one where the location of the arena/parking plays a big factor on top of ticket prices clearly not being attractive enough for their intended targets. Add to that the fact that those tickets are generally very affordable and you have yourself a prime example of what is wrong with the market/arena.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
What's weird is that it seems like the upper bowl tickets are the ones that aren't selling super well

You'd think the cheaper tickets would go faster?:huh:

I don't actually think so.

The lower bowl ticket costs have been driven down to really affordable levels in the resale market.

Sitting in the lower level is closer to the action and more of an "experience" than sitting in the 300s.

So they way I see it, people are likely making a value determination something like this:

-Lower bowl at cheaper cost: 'experience' , willing to pay. Full lower bowl makes it feel like you are in a good crowd when you are watching, because you aren't looking up at the 300's. People are still willing to pay for that experience, so they sell. You also get any fans from the visiting team buying those tickets for the same reason.

-Upper bowl, especially high 300's : akin to watching the game on TV at home. Not really a special experience. They can avoid the drive times (on a tues worknight), have a couple beers , food at home, and coast off to bed for work the next day.

It's a generalization to be sure, but I think it's happening regularly, along with all the other issues percolating.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
That defensive play by Paul to check the guy down low and start the breakout (while being the first guy over the opposition blue line) is more than Burrows has done in weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad