OT: The Wild Board Jukebox Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
This song reminds me of summer at the beach.

Last edited:

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i don't normally like her but i do love this cover of a song I like

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Ellie Goulding has one of my favorite voices. Fits perfectly with electronic music.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny

any distance runners here? what do you listen to while running if anything?

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
ELO is great. Not my typical type of band but good music is good music. Girl Talk (the DJ) samples the solo at 1:18 on one of his mashes/mixes. Pretty cool. Pretty cool story bro.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
ELO is great. Not my typical type of band but good music is good music. Girl Talk (the DJ) samples the solo at 1:18 on one of his mashes/mixes. Pretty cool. Pretty cool story bro.

I grew up listening to ELO. There's just something about their stuff from the 70s that I don't think anyone will ever be able to match. Music was a different thing back then. Less commercialized so you didn't have everyone trying to make that next big single. People actually spent time writing and composing stuff instead of just churning out single after single to appease ravenous record company execs.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Daft Punk's Random Access Memories nails that feeling of the 60s and 70s.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Really cool cover of Blackstreet/Dre's No Diggity.

A good original. Love the video.

[possibly NSFW depending on how strict your boss is]

Last edited:

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
This has been my new favorite song the last few weeks. It's a classic, but the first time I'd heard it was when I saw them a few weeks ago and they closed their encore with it.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Stumbled across my college pregaming/before going out to the bars playlist. Brought me back, haha.

I don't know if anyone would be dumb enough to play these songs at work, but I'll include the NSFW warning :laugh:

(Yes, I understand the irony of this song being used as a pregaming song before going out and getting drunk, haha.)

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Wait. When did Copleand come back? I thought they hung it up a few years ago.

They did, and then they announced a reunion earlier this year! Album comes out next week.

I've been a huge Copeland fan since Beneath Medicine Tree, and got to see them a couple times live. I loved the first two albums. The third was kind of a downer just so down-tempo and melancholy. The fourth perked up a bit, kind of sad but still pretty.

So far I think it sounds exactly like a continuation of You Are My Sunshine, which is a good thing. They even have the same girl doing a guest vocal spot.

Also, if you like Copeland scroll up and check the link for Gates up above who released their new album a couple weeks ago. Similar band, really amazing and pretty, but they get a lot heavier at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad