OT: The Wild Board Jukebox Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Crap I had no idea they were in town! I'm not a big R&B guy but I was really intrigued by D'Angelo/Questlove and the idea of replicating electronic beats with live instruments. Would have been interesting. But probably super expensive tickets?

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Crap I had no idea they were in town! I'm not a big R&B guy but I was really intrigued by D'Angelo/Questlove and the idea of replicating electronic beats with live instruments. Would have been interesting. But probably super expensive tickets?

I'm not really a big R&B guy either but I love the Roots and I liked D'Angelo's Voodoo album a lot. I'd say the stuff they played was more neo-soul than R&B actually though and they played a lot of funk too, like the second half of the vid I posted. There was also the added intrigue of D'Angelo being almost completely off the grid for the past 13 years.

The tickets were $40 bucks which is expensive for a First Ave show, but it was well worth the price.

Last edited:

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Hipstergasm in a few months then. If they could sing or write songs it would help their cause.

Speaking of my completely opposite musical preference from pretty much everyone else:

Not a big fan of Tilian's voice, too high pitched, whiny, and generic sounding. But the song itself is pretty awesome.

Another good one I was digging:

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
New Dream Theater album out in a couple months and concert on February (in Helsinki). Anyone else going to see them live?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny

please god i can't get this out of my head. my wife keeps inserting it there.
this chick is 16.
damn.

Billy Mays Here*

I remember hearing my dad play this song a lot when I was younger whenever we were on the way back from my grandma's house at night. Didn't find out who the band was until now (hey, I'm a younger guy, I'm not all that familiar with bands of the 60s and 70s). I am so adding CCR to my iTunes now.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
This will teach me to judge artists by their pictures.

106028070_640.jpg

City & Colour clone? Praise music?

Actually catchy pop-punk with an emo/math rock bend to it.

codeorangekidsjune2012.jpg

Another bad indie band with a token female singer?

Actually grunge-y hardcore.

ewoksonhoth

Lolorado
Jul 4, 2012
One Great City!
Into It. Over It. is so sick. We actually have a band at the radio station I work at that covers Raw Bar OBX 2002 that I play every once in a while. Didn't know anyone else on here dug third wave emo.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
Oh the Ying Yang Twins and songs not named "Wait (The Whisper Song)."

Something about Jose Gonzalez's cover of "Love Will Tear Us Apart" always gets me. It's simple yet dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad