OT: The Wild Board Jukebox Thread: Part Deux

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
The drums/percussion with this vid get me going. Amazing. Everything else .. meh. Enough that I need to check out more though
Pretty sure I've posted the other two singles they've put out so far for the new upcoming album. This is my fav tune off any of their releases so far and it was the first single for the new one. His singing reminds me a lot of Danny from Voyager.

Honestly so does the bands entire style is very similar.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

Pretty sure I've posted the other two singles they've put out so far for the new upcoming album. This is my fav tune off any of their releases so far and it was the first single for the new one. His singing reminds me a lot of Danny from Voyager.

Honestly so does the bands entire style is very similar.

Yep, break my lying tongue is def Voyger

Reactions: MK9

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
My absolute favorite new(ish) band. Posted them before, but am stoked for the new album.

Man. I liked the first tune a lot until the screaming vocals. I'm oddly particular about what vocals I like and don't. Everything else about that tune was cool as hell though.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
These guys are really unique. Singer reminds me of Fink on that tune. They kind of seem like a very hit or miss band for me. The stuff I like, I really like. The other stuff is a bit meh. That tune was awesome.

For reference [Fink]:

Dude, I still get goosebumps listening to Fink with the walking dead in my head. Same with Ben Nichols. Same with Clutch. Good pull

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

A good soundtrack can elevate a show/movie so much. The Crow is the best soundtrack out there... fight me on this!

This is the Fink clip I meant to share

Edit. If you speak deutsch, lol. Fail again

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Man. I liked the first tune a lot until the screaming vocals. I'm oddly particular about what vocals I like and don't. Everything else about that tune was cool as hell though.
I love the black metal shrieks contrasted to the cleans. To each their own!

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
For some reason I decided to listen to this today (again, I've listened many times for years). Most people know it as Leakspin, but Leakspin is just the loop of this performance of Ievan Polkka by Loituma. I always am just impressed by this performance. Their subdued showmanship really lets their singing take front stage.

Don't look up the English translation, it's surprisingly adult.

• Love
Reactions: Sweetnut

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Best shows you've been to? Here's mine.

Tool (always)... they never dissapoint.

Sevendust opening for Metallica.

Isis opening for Tool.

System of a Down at X fest. It might have been edge fest then I don't remember. Tons of fun. Slipknot mud fight was memorable too.

Sevendust is such an underrated band, they're great. And I don't think many have even heard Isis. So good

Edit. Honorable mention to Kiss and Skid Row, that show rocked

Last edited:

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Best shows you've been to? Here's mine.

Tool (always)... they never dissapoint.

Sevendust opening for Metallica.

Isis opening for Tool.

System of a Down at X fest. It might have been edge fest then I don't remember. Tons of fun. Slipknot mud fight was memorable too.

Sevendust is such an underrated band, they're great. And I don't think many have even heard Isis. So good

Edit. Honorable mention to Kiss and Skid Row, that show rocked
1. Michael Schenker Group. Sweden Rock Festival, early 2000.
2. Iron Maiden, Scandinavium Gotenburgh 1988, ( Helloween support act Keeper 2 tour.)
3. Black Sabbath, Lund Sweden 1989.
4. Black Sabbath reunion Hultsfredsfestivalen 1998-06-13
5. Queensryche, Sweden Rock Festival, Operation Mindcrime full 2 albums with Ronnie James Dio as guest star ( Look up the OP Mindcrime album #1, one of the best concept albums of all time)
6. Yngwie Malmsteen on Sweden Rock Festival. I was bawling like a baby from the get go through the whole concert. Yes, It was that good.
7. Talisman, several concerts. A true super group. Do yourself a favour, check them out. A tragic end to their story though.
8. UFO Sweden Rock, late 2010 with Michael Schenker.
9. Michael Schenker, Sticky Fingers Gothenburgh. I was standing in front of him the whole concert, singing along. He shoock my hand afterwards. Didn't wash my hand for weeks. Don't judge me.
10. Spiritual Beggars, Laxön Halmstad Sweden. I was the promotor for this gig. People turned up from Germany and I didn't even promote the gig except for locally aoround the town.
Epic night in my life. All of the beers sold out in about a half hour and I had to call the local brewery for help. They are my best friends now.

• Love
Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

f***ing whoa. This album is a meaty slab of doom/stoner. Singer BRINGS it, she's very good and the bass/fuzz is awesome

• Love

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
This is my best friend since 1987, Stefan Persson. Not to be confused by the four time Stanley Cup winning defender for the New York Islanders 1980-83.
We shared so many good and not so good times over the years. We always stuck together.
I just think he's worth some recognising. He's never going to make it big, but I always supported him and his bands.
I know for sure MK9 is not going to like his vocals, but there's an outside chance Soldier13Fox might stomage it.
Either way, give him a thumbs up because I think he deserves it.

I mean, 38 views... he deserves more.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
This is my best friend since 1987, Stefan Persson. Not to be confused by the four time Stanley Cup winning defender for the New York Islanders 1980-83.
We shared so many good and not so good times over the years. We always stuck together.
I just think he's worth some recognising. He's never going to make it big, but I always supported him and his bands.
I know for sure MK9 is not going to like his vocals, but there's an outside chance Soldier13Fox might stomage it.
Either way, give him a thumbs up because I think he deserves it.

I mean, 38 views... he deserves more.

Yeah man, I dig this. Getting some Testament thrash vibes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad