The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 5.0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
New York is probably my favourite out of that list - excluding Montreal. San Fran is great, Chicago is cool… was in Boston but too young to comment. Cool list of cities.

I’d add

Prague
Rome
Paris
Hong Kong - circa 20 years ago

Montreal is right there with any of these. Great nightlife, food… just fun.
Where in North America are those cities?:huh:

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Can I add a "What to do in Quebec City" question in here? There has to be some posters who are from QC or have visited often.

My wife and I are going in August for 5 nights. We are staying in Old Quebec at Auberge St Antoine. Have made plans for one dinner at Taniere3.

Thinking about what to do, besides walking around the old city and hitting some shops and pubs.

We are also thinking of renting bikes and touring Ile D'Orleans. Is it worth it?

Going to check out Montmorency Falls one morning.

Possibly hiking at Jacques Cartier National Park another day.

Any absolute must restaurants we should try?

Neighbourhoods to visit?

Other things to do?

Looking forward to my first time in QC.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Visiting my sisters in Montreal from July 27 to Aug 10. Planning to catch one day of the Canadian Open tennis. Staying with one sister in Laurentians as well as a loft on Du Parc. Side-trip to Quebec City planned as well, with the other sis. My son has never seen Quebec City; wifey visited it in late October 2002 (we came then from Japan for my last McGill graduation), and was unprepared for how cold it was. This time will be the charm. Planning to go to bring-your-own-wine French places as well and maybe a smoked meat place again. Don't ask me to eat poutine: not my thing at all. Might also try to find a bar with nice cocktails.

The city has changed quite a bit since I've left as an expat (Japan, Germany, and now the US) in 2001.

Last edited:

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Hello mes amis! I am planning a trip to visit Bell Centre in October. Is it best just to wait until tix go on sale the 16th of September or just snag a couple from Ticketmaster now? I recognize this is likely a tired and repetitive post, but I couldn't find another on the site. Thanks--in advance!

cape islander

Jul 20, 2003
Hello, me and the family are travelling to Quebec City for a few days in October, we are thinking about driving to Montreal one day for a Habs game, where would be the best place to park the car and take public transit to downtown Montreal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad