The Vet vs. Prospect theory

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Which had far more to do with goaltending and defense than lack of scoring. Your hopes of more than half the lineup having 20+ goals and 40+ points is pretty unrealistic as something sustainable.
No, it had to do with we need to score more goals. Most good things aren't sustainable in hockey.
I do agree that there is a bigger step needed in defense and similar to you I think it will come when those defensive pieces the franchise want in the d-core gets implemented it will improve, but I doubt we get super defensive that's why I'd like to see adding more goals.
We were top 10 in goals last season. I don't necessarily agree more goalscoring is immediately needed. If we scored another 5 goals we'd have been top 6 in the league. That's pretty good for a team still a few years away from it's prime.
So, you are saying we going to score more goals. Exactly what I'm saying. Should aim for 25 more goals, and if one defensively can get 30-40 goals better we are looking like a top team.
Zadina was "shafted" because he couldn't score. Like, he literally COULD NOT score. Why would someone ask a guy to be a scoring forward if he can not score?

Are we asking Lucas Raymond to become a bottom 6 checking forward? No? Weird how that works.
That's my point. Luckily they haven't put Lucas Raymond down on 3rd/4th line and told him to work on defense like they did Zadina. Zadina couldn't score cause his whole line couldn't score enough.
In the shortened season he was 5th in scoring.
In the season before he had 15 points in 28 matches, if he played the whole season he would be somewhere around the same with around 5th.

My point is team wasn't patient enough with him like they have been with Rasmussen. Yes they are playing different roles and have some different responsibilities, but we also didn't draft Rasmussen 9th overall for him to end up as a 3rd line center.

Now, I'm fine with how Rasmussen is turning out as a player, but we had time to give to Zadina as well if we wanted to. Either way we not gonna agree and he's not on the team anymore so it doesn't matter. But, for me when someone say we wasted a pick on Zadina being a bust, I'd say we made sure by making him so by not using him right and not being patient enough with him. Unless there were some personality problems with him, which it doesn't seem to be.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
My point is team wasn't patient enough with him like they have been with Rasmussen. Yes they are playing different roles and have some different responsibilities, but we also didn't draft Rasmussen 9th overall for him to end up as a 3rd line center.

Now, I'm fine with how Rasmussen is turning out as a player, but we had time to give to Zadina as well if we wanted to. Either way we not gonna agree and he's not on the team anymore so it doesn't matter. But, for me when someone say we wasted a pick on Zadina being a bust, I'd say we made sure by making him so by not using him right and not being patient enough with him. Unless there were some personality problems with him, which it doesn't seem to be.
Huh? That's some really strange revisionist history. He asked to be traded, then agreed to a contract termination because nobody wanted his contract. Even then the only GM that was willing to take a chance was the worst team in the league.

He got his chance at SJ playing PP1, still sucked. He whiffs on one timers, that's on him to practice. Never developed any other shot, only has one move, no gap control defensively, mediocre skater, average size build. He's never coming back to the NHL, your assessment of his talent and skill level is completely off base if you think he'll be back in 2 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad