OT: The Travel Thread

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Went and checked out Ksamil,Albania with the boisterous UK contingent per their request. Some things never change,always a special tax for entry. At least it's even cheaper than Greece and they take Euros.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Stopped by this place on the way back,and never like the photos! always tons of boats there and have been there during different seasons. But a heck of a place for as swim though

upload_2019-7-30_13-46-42.jpeg

Encountered one of these,a Jackal the other morning driving back from a late night,a little befuddling at the time.

upload_2019-7-30_13-48-36.jpeg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Anyone visit The Wave? It's located on the border of Arizona and Utah. They had a report about it this week, it's becoming a very popular destination.

the_wave_stock_t715.jpg

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Anyone visit The Wave? It's located on the border of Arizona and Utah. They had a report about it this week, it's becoming a very popular destination.

the_wave_stock_t715.jpg
Lots of good treks in Utah,Arizona as well. Might have to make a side trip in the future to check this pace out. Love Arizona for a lot of reasons and so much to see there.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Saw a trio of these the other day and hurried to the shore to inquire what the F is happening.Simply put, lots of rain on the way.

waterspouts.jpg

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Where was that ?

Looks like baby water spouts

They looked intimidating coming towards us and decided to get to land for safety precautions,never know. They were coming from the SW of the Peloponnese and man did it rain the next day!

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
If i fly To Paris for 2 3 days. Where do i go. CDG Or ORLY? Can i just land there and rent a room simply? Any details from past experiences would be appreciated.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Lots of good treks in Utah,Arizona as well. Might have to make a side trip in the future to check this pace out. Love Arizona for a lot of reasons and so much to see there.

How about taking what's left of Route 66 and doing Arizona and leading up to the Grand Canyon? Route 66 is mythical for a lot of travelers, probably on account of Jack Kerouak's novel.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
How about taking what's left of Route 66 and doing Arizona and leading up to the Grand Canyon? Route 66 is mythical for a lot of travelers, probably on account of Jack Kerouak's novel.

Sad to say it's a bit passe now.Times have changed and the luster is not what it once was. Ended up on it at some point and only noticed much later and was nothing special,but could be that stretch,not sure. Like checking out Dodge city or Tombstone,time has passed.

Cabot trail in Nova Scotia is a great driving stretch though,just pray for decent weather.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
If i fly To Paris for 2 3 days. Where do i go. CDG Or ORLY? Can i just land there and rent a room simply? Any details from past experiences would be appreciated.

From Montreal you're landing at CDG airport. Book your room in advance and if they have a shuttle,nice,if not deal with they way it goes there.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Sad to say it's a bit passe now.Times have changed and the luster is not what it once was. Ended up on it at some point and only notice onlyiiiilllllyomuch lol 6mu later and was nothing special,but couldve in be that stretch,not sure. Like checking out Dodge city or Tombstone,time has passed.

Cabot trail in Nova Scotia is a great driving stretch though,just pray for decent weather.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190804-204901_Pokmon GO.jpg
    Screenshot_20190804-204901_Pokmon GO.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 5

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Speaking of Route 66

I've skimmed through the above episode and 3 others and it's not as iconic as I thought it would be. It's a lot of shacks, feels barren and mostly lackluster until you reach the Grand Canyon. A collection of grey beards with bad teeth await you at several of the stops but I guess that adds to the authenticity of what looks like an ole western town effect.

Now, I didn't bother to look at all the episodes in real time, in detail but just speeding through it, the images were underwhelming.

Based on the above documentary, it's not something I'd want to do. I think I'd just go straight to the Grand Canyon and skip the tumbleweeds.

Reactions: angusyoung

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I've skimmed through the above episode and 3 others and it's not as iconic as I thought it would be. It's a lot of shacks, feels barren and mostly lackluster until you reach the Grand Canyon. A collection of grey beards with bad teeth await you at several of the stops but I guess that adds to the authenticity of what looks like an ole western town effect.

Now, I didn't bother to look at all the episodes in real time, in detail but just speeding through it, the images were underwhelming.

Based on the above documentary, it's not something I'd want to do. I think I'd just go straight to the Grand Canyon and skip the tumbleweeds.
Billy's commentary is more the highlight than the route itself. He has a bunch of travel documentaries, he even does the northwest passage.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Billy's commentary is more the highlight than the route itself. He has a bunch of travel documentaries, he even does the northwest passage.

From the bits I took time to listen to, I enjoyed his commentary. I'm sure I'd have gotten meaningful takeaway from it if I had spent the 2 hours plus it would have taken to go through all four episodes.

Thanks for the link.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just going by the image in not the most flattering depiction of him...and he is Scotch! lol.

He's made of alcohol? :laugh:

I kid, I kid. You mean, he's a Scot.

Maybe he has a reputation but don't know much about him.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
What should we know about Connolly for those of us who haven't followed him?
He's a veteran comedian, both in film and as stand-up. I got to know him through the documentaries, then saw his act. He's quite funny. Nearing the end as he's suffering from Parkinson's. :thumbd:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad