The Transformers thread (shows, comics, toys, all things TF)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Opening weekend of $39 mill worldwide, though not in same major markets like UK/Germany/China, etc. Wonder what that was?

TMNT did $51 mill. Which I think is a good comp as this IP doesn't have as wide a range an audience as Mario Bros does.

Update:
Into weekend #3 for Oct 4-6. Currently surpassed $80 mill worldwide. So, now just passed their reported $75 mill budget. Compared to TMNT Mutant Mayhem, still needs to make another $100 mill at the box office to match their $181 mill global take.

Last edited:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I don't know much about the history of Transformers, I've seen some of the cartoons and movies here and there but this was definitely the most enjoyable thing I've seen from the Transformers stuff I have seen. Really enjoyed it and the animation looked great.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don't know much about the history of Transformers, I've seen some of the cartoons and movies here and there but this was definitely the most enjoyable thing I've seen from the Transformers stuff I have seen. Really enjoyed it and the animation looked great.
TF really depends on when you got into them. Was it G1 series in the mid 80's & original 86 movie? Was it Beast Wars in around mid 90's? Bayformers? TF Prime series?

Based on when you get in, that probably impacts what you compare everything against.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Paramount have shared details on when you can see Transformers ONE at home, and it’s right around the corner! October 22nd will see the official digital drop, while the physical Blu-Ray and DVD versions will come later on December 17th. A slew of bonus content will be available as well.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's up to $113 mill world wide. TMNT Mutant Mayhem was $181 mill. So, still $70 mill behind that.

That's probably the best comp for it, expectations wise.

I do hope to see it in the theatres.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad