GDT: The Toilet Bowl | Jets @ Hurricanes | 7:00 PM | PNC Arena

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
If this is how bad the Canes play with 3 days off, how painful is the upcoming back to back going to be after 2 days?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Man, it's so good to finally reach a point in fandom where you can predict the results of the games accurately. I knew after that failed 5-on-3, the team was going to find someway to lose. And I knew they were being far too lax late in the game to win in regulation. So, I did the intelligent thing: I stopped watching. Missed the GWG, and since I knew it was coming, I'm not overly angry that this team was stupid enough to let the game get away from them.

Reminds me of that Vancouver game a couple years ago, where they gave up a short handed goal in the final minutes to lose a game they could have easily gotten a point in. This team has been doing this kind of thing for years. You pick up on the signs eventually. :laugh:

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Until tonight, I had basically forgotten that the Jets even existed. From here on out, I'm actively rooting for them to fail.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
This was a sloppy game by both teams but especially by the team that should have won. The team that showed up for the Blues game certainly didn't tonight.

They had plenty of shots on goal and Khudobin played well I thought but the juicy rebounds have to be in the net and the 5 on 3 has to be a goal. That's it.

Points points points. Tonight 2 precious ones were left on the table.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Man, it's so good to finally reach a point in fandom where you can predict the results of the games accurately. I knew after that failed 5-on-3, the team was going to find someway to lose. And I knew they were being far too lax late in the game to win in regulation. So, I did the intelligent thing: I stopped watching. Missed the GWG, and since I knew it was coming, I'm not overly angry that this team was stupid enough to let the game get away from them.

Reminds me of that Vancouver game a couple years ago, where they gave up a short handed goal in the final minutes to lose a game they could have easily gotten a point in. This team has been doing this kind of thing for years. You pick up on the signs eventually. :laugh:

I remember that. What's even worse was Vancouver was on like a 9 game losing streak at the time and of course we're the ones to end such streak :rant:

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
If this is how bad the Canes play with 3 days off, how painful is the upcoming back to back going to be after 2 days?

I thought we played extremely well. The Jets have won like 7 out of their last 8, and we played toe to toe with them. It was really a back and forth game. Two hot, excellent teams playing some exciting hockey.

Trouba's a beast and made an incredible play, but to get it through literally 5 players was pure luck. Oh well. Jordan scoring on his back against Columbus was pure luck. You win some, you lose some.

Once Lindholm adds some muscle, he's going to be a monster. The idea of him centering Skinner for the next bamillion years for the 'Canes truly has me excited. It honestly reminds me of the Backstrom-Ovechkin pairing in Washington, to a lesser degree.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
Being there live, every time i saw the TEA line, they couldnt finish. Tlusty would fan on a shot, Semin would overpass, or Eric would turn the puck over. I couldnt understand why we couldnt find a way to win this game.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Until tonight, I had basically forgotten that the Jets even existed. From here on out, I'm actively rooting for them to fail.

Welcome to my world. I've been rooting for them to fail and for their fans to have to deal with their team getting relocated again since the relocation from Atlanta. Houston would be a lovely destination for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

In fairness, you predict losses anytime anything goes wrong (and sometimes even before it does), so you are aren't really predicting anything. Canes have been a below average team, so saying they will lose means you'll be right more often than wrong.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Damn it, with the amount of skill on this team, there is no excuse for this pathetic power play, and that will singularly cost this team enough points to miss the playoffs yet again.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
In fairness, you predict losses anytime anything goes wrong (and sometimes even before it does), so you are aren't really predicting anything. Canes have been a below average team, so saying they will lose means you'll be right more often than wrong.

True enough. But I can't have been the only one who saw all the offensive zone pressure the Canes had with no results and said to myself "They'll find some stupid way to lose this".

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Welcome to my world. I've been rooting for them to fail and for their fans to have to deal with their team getting relocated again since the relocation from Atlanta. Houston would be a lovely destination for them.

I haven't experienced their fans much but it seems you've had an experience that's driving the animosity. It might be common knowledge but I'm just curious if you've had a confrontation personally?

I need a reason to dislike something tonight obviously. Feed me. :)

Stormie

Jan 8, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Who do we start in goal next? Khudobin gives us the best chance of winning so I hope he plays against Florida. If we want at least one win out of it, put the better goalie against the lesser team.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I haven't experienced their fans much but it seems you've had an experience that's driving the animosity. It might be common knowledge but I'm just curious if you've had a confrontation personally?

I need a reason to dislike something tonight obviously. Feed me. :)

I think it stems from the whole anti-sunbelt ******** that fans of Northern/Canadian teams possess. Obviously this isn't all of them but for every time a sunbelt team achieves success we hear "OMG do they even like hockey there lol?", "OMG that arena is quiet if this was Montreal it would be loud".

It gets old after awhile, but it never goes away.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Being there live, every time i saw the TEA line, they couldnt finish. Tlusty would fan on a shot, Semin would overpass, or Eric would turn the puck over. I couldnt understand why we couldnt find a way to win this game.

Yeesh, yeah they were. Tlusty needs to get off that line. He ruins everything. Riley Nash has one fewer goal than him this year.

This was a sloppily played game from both teams and I nearly fell asleep at times. They didn't deserve to win or lose, but they deserved a point. Just a bad shift from all 5 guys on the game winning goal. **** happens. If they win the next two it won't matter.

THE REEM

Dec 6, 2013
Yeesh, yeah they were. Tlusty needs to get off that line. He ruins everything. Riley Nash has one fewer goal than him this year.

This was a sloppily played game from both teams and I nearly fell asleep at times. They didn't deserve to win or lose, but they deserved a point. Just a bad shift from all 5 guys on the game winning goal. **** happens. If they win the next two it won't matter.
+1...

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I don't know, I think that 2nd line is ok chemistry-wise. They aren't burying any chances but they are creating them and sustaining pretty good pressure most of their shifts.

Numbers that back this up: I don't have any. Just from my gut- Big Data would not approve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad