GDT: The Toilet Bowl | Jets @ Hurricanes | 7:00 PM | PNC Arena

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bongo

Feb 7, 2007
Atlanta
Welcome to my world. I've been rooting for them to fail and for their fans to have to deal with their team getting relocated again since the relocation from Atlanta. Houston would be a lovely destination for them.

It'll never happen. Atlanta seems to be the only place that can't catch a break from this league.

I'm not all that crazy about their fanbase myself after all the rancorous discussions that took place at the time of the move. But I've come around to wanting to see this team succeed in spite of the joy it will being Winnipeg. I think the core members who came from Thrashers deserve it and as a season ticket holder from day one, I think the fans left behind in Atlanta deserve it as well.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
One note and one observation:

- Thorburn continuing the streak of terrible guys scoring against us with his SECOND of the season for the GWG. I am just surprised it wasn't his first of the season, as that is usually the case. When I saw it was him with the goal I just started laughing.

- When Muller was with the Canadiens, I recall him being credited with producing such a potent PP there. Is there any thought that perhaps our players just lack the PP skill/mindset to be productive? (Bash JR, lol)

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
- When Muller was with the Canadiens, I recall him being credited with producing such a potent PP there. Is there any thought that perhaps our players just lack the PP skill/mindset to be productive? (Bash JR, lol)

I thought Habs fans corrected that an said he was not in charge of the PP in MTL, but was in charge of the PK?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Apparently, some wires got crossed. Muller ran the PK for the Canadiens, at least, according to their fans. Besides, even if he did run the PP, there's no one on the team that comes close to what Markov was for the Montreal PP for many years.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Team A outplays Team B for the majority of the game, controlling possession, Team B's goalie gives up a lot of rebounds but all 5 guys crash the slot/net to clear it, Team B converts on the relatively few solid chances they get, Team B ends up winning a tight 2-1 game.... why does this sound so familiar?

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
And there it is. The Skinner bashing.

This cracked me up. Literally the only thing he posted was hard stats. That's not "Skinner bashing," that's statement of hard numbers.

We bash players from time to time, and it gets to be a bit too much. But he literally just stated stats. There wasn't even an attached interpretation. If that's not allowed, then what is?

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
I don't get all the moaning and other emotional negativity about this game? We so totally won the advanced stats, and I'm pumped. For the sake of your own well-being, you scoreboard-obsessed dinosaurs need to get with the program and learn how true hockey goodness is really measured. I know this enlightenment has set me free, and so it can be for you as well.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
4x07_Colony_Collapse_(049).png

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
I don't get all the moaning and other emotional negativity about this game? We so totally won the advanced stats, and I'm pumped. For the sake of your own well-being, you scoreboard-obsessed dinosaurs need to get with the program and learn how true hockey goodness is really measured. I know this enlightenment has set me free, and so it can be for you as well.

Good lord.

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
If you think our power play is unwatchable, imagine how Panthers fans feel:

Calgary 14.1%
Carolina 14.1%
Los Angeles 14.0%
Vancouver 13.4%
Florida 9.3%

wow, LA's numbers are surprising.

Anyway, I thought that was a pretty defeating loss. Especially with the call against E. Staal. The Blue Jackets just keep winning and we have to make up as much ground as possible.

Im not saying that we are out of it by any means, but those are the games we should be winning and what makes the difference in the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad