OT: The thread formerly known as Mousecop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I feel like most people don’t realize how much money they spend on useless shit. A medium coffee from Tim Hortons 5 days a week costs $455 bucks a year, that’s just one small example. I almost just spend $32 bucks on an iPhone charging cord on Amazon, ya that’s another waste.

$10-$15 bucks here and there isn’t much, but at the end of the year it’s pretty easy to waste $2-3 grand on absolutely pointless shit.

Reactions: BananaSquad

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
That's amazing. BTW, how did your vegan training month go? My kids just went beef free for November -- their choice -- and I am sick to death of chicken and poor as **** to buy quality fish. Meh.

I'm in the third month of intermittent fasting + vegan.

My wife has switched to eating Pescetarian and has had some good results, as well.

Here is a good way to food prep chicken in a way that helps it not get old:

https://vitals.lifehacker.com/a-clever-way-to-bake-several-flavors-of-chicken-all-at-1790952338

And if you want to try some vegan items, here are some good resource for things that won't break the bank:

Plant Based on a Budget

Cheap Lazy Vegan

Cheap Lazy Vegan

Last edited:

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
So I might be crazy but I'm seriously considering going to an iPhone for the first time.

Anyone who has any experience from Android to iPhone have any things to share. Is it an easy transition? Did you regret the switch? Love it?

Any input that isn't iPhone or Android bashing will be greatly appreciated.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
So I might be crazy but I'm seriously considering going to an iPhone for the first time.

Anyone who has any experience from Android to iPhone have any things to share. Is it an easy transition? Did you regret the switch? Love it?

My first smartphone was an Android phone and my three smartphones since have been iPhones. I currently have an iPhone 8+.

It has been over six years since I made the switch, so my comparison and switchover experience is outdated as those types of things have greatly improved since then.

The big things I would suggest would be some research on your most used apps and the pros and cons of the versions on iOS.

The big reason I stay on iPhones at this point is iMessage. My wife has an iPhone, as well. And that means that we can text back and forth with just a wifi connection and we don't need cell service.

Sure, you can use things like FB Messenger and stuff, as well. But, it is a nice feature.

Plus, my wife loves that iMessage tells her when I've read a text from her.

The other thing is that I have had a lot less issues with apps crashing on iOS than I used to have on Android. Although, that was a long time ago and I can't compare apples to apples, really.

The one thing I do miss is the integration with Gmail and all the other Google stuff for especially for contacts. Being able to manage my contacts from a laptop via the website is something that I miss.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
iPhone is a lot better IMO. Just a simpler and easier operating system, iMessage is a lot nicer then texting, once you are in the Apple ecosystem everything syncs so easily.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

I got an iphone 3G, then a 4S, then went Android for my next 5 phones (some HTC phone, then Galaxy S4, S6, Google Pixel XL) and am now back to an iphone with XS Max. It's not MUCH different. The biggest issue you'll run into is

A) Getting all your contacts/etc moved over.
B) A bit of a pain point if you paid for a lot of apps in the android eco system.

My big reason was the granularity of privacy settings available for Apple as well as them at least "pretending" to care about privacy at some level. Also, the Bluetooth based key my car uses works A TON better on Iphone then it did on my Pixel XL.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Vegan schemgan. I'm in love with this slice of gas station pizza over here.

There is a gas station near my parents house that makes breakfast pizza. It's cheap sausage, probably fake eggs, bacon, processed cheese on a pre baked Pizza crust. But damnit, i love it.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I feel like most people don’t realize how much money they spend on useless ****. A medium coffee from Tim Hortons 5 days a week costs $455 bucks a year, that’s just one small example. I almost just spend $32 bucks on an iPhone charging cord on Amazon, ya that’s another waste.

$10-$15 bucks here and there isn’t much, but at the end of the year it’s pretty easy to waste $2-3 grand on absolutely pointless ****.
*Reads post above*
*Considers weekly beer consumption*
*Chooses to not consider further - lalalalala*

Rumored to be layoff day at work.

Happy holidays!
Bon chance mon ami

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Thanks, but I'm pretty sure my group is safe.

My boss has an open req that is open to external candidates. Those usually get pulled back ahead of layoffs impacting an org.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Today, I am rather thankful that my 16 year old is mostly a school, work, play Xbox, and help with his little sister type of teen. Found out today that a friend of his; also 16, is going to be a father.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Today, I am rather thankful that my 16 year old is mostly a school, work, play Xbox, and help with his little sister type of teen. Found out today that a friend of his; also 16, is going to be a father.

That's horrifying. I can't even imagine.

My badge worked this morning!

Nice! Here's to it working on Monday, as well. :cheers:

My former employer is slated to drop our local headcount to 25 come Jan 4th. Before our site was acquired, we had 170. Nothing like having the CEO come in upon acquisition, say, "We bought you because you're a growing company doing awesome work, and we don't want to change what made you a success," immediately start changing stuff, and then being surprised when people start fleeing and product quality ****s the bed.

Reactions: Buffaloed

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Despite everything -- relationship breakup, post-concussion symptoms, moving, separation/custody... I have at worst 3 A-'s out of my four classes this semester. And for my next trick, I'm going to pull a rabbit out of my hat. :biglaugh:

What are you in school for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad