Tribute The Ten Best NSH Preds Ever Are:

The ten best NSH Preds ever are:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Thanks! It's funny, though... I start to look at the career stats of these guys, and... maybe in a statistical retrospective they don't actually look as impressive as what I have been carrying in my head about their contributions? Anyway, I wanted to switch out my P.Forsberg vote, so I'm happy to have done that for Sullivan.
:handclap:

Reactions: Ben Grimm

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I'll never forget Sullivan's hat trick in his first game with us because it was the first time it felt like we had a truly skilled player on our team. I did love a lot of the OG Predators but their points always felt like they came from outworking the other team. With Sullivan it for the first time felt like we actually had a guy who could out talent the other team.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Even then. Kariya was a very good NHL player. But he didn't play 1000 games or get 1000 points or win any major awards. Rinne should have been ahead of him on the all-time NHL list no matter what criteria were employed? :dunno:
He had 989 GP and 989 P though so the 1000 threshold is sort of just an arbitrary round number. I personally would have Rinne and Kariya pretty closely ranked but I think if you polled across the league Kariya would end up higher. No better demonstration of that than Kariya being a HOFer when Rinne is pretty unlikely to make it.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
There can be only one!
1728328913554.png

Reactions: herzausstein

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Also, remember when it comes to the Hall of Fame, it's the Hockey Hall of Fame, not the NHL hall of fame. It includes Olympics. Kariya was top scorer on Silver Medal team and 2nd on the team in goals on the Gold Medal team.
Kariya won a Hobey Baker too. But even just looking at their NHL careers I'd say they were pretty equivalent caliber of players. I don't think it's any disrespect to Rinne to say that Kariya was a great player too.

Reactions: triggrman

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I guess to me a Vezina should be the deciding factor. Kariya was a very good player, no disrespect intended. Rinne was actually the best player at his position, in the entire league, though. But I do agree they are in the same overall "tier".

Reactions: Predsanddead24

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I guess to me a Vezina should be the deciding factor. Kariya was a very good player, no disrespect intended. Rinne was actually the best player at his position, in the entire league, though. But I do agree they are in the same overall "tier".
Kariya was a runner up for a Hart in 96-97 losing to Hasek so while there isn't a specific best forward in the league award if there was one he'd have won it that season.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad